Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on squeaks and creaks on 2000 Cpe, rear deck area

Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Bill Oxley
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on squeaks and creaks on 2000 Cpe, rear deck area

I have a low mileage 2000 Coupe, and it's been a great car.

Just lately, (I've done a search on this and can't seem to come up with anything) it has started to squeak and/or creak in the rear hatch area. At first it started just mildly when I first took off from a cold start.

But now it's pretty much consistent any time I’m driving the car. I'm pretty sure the noises are from the back hatch area and not the removable top section, which hasn't been removed for quite awhile. It really sounds more like a fiberglass "creak" rather than a weather-strip squeak.
So I opened the rear hatch, thinking that it sounds like a fiberglass "creak" type of sound, and gently twisted the hatch back and forth to see if I could reproduce the noise. But nothing.

The wx stripping looks great, clean, etc., as the car only has 8200 miles, and has always been parked inside.

So I'm guessing that this is not the first time someone has experienced this with a C5 Coupe. So before I chase off in the wrong direction, can anyone enlighten me on their experiences and/or solutions with this problem?

Thanks, Bill
Old 08-12-2005, 01:01 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Try pressing on all the different trim panels around the area, including the floor panels.

Also might be a rear sway bar? What happens if you bounce the car up and down?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help on squeaks and creaks on 2000 Cpe, rear deck area