Avoid 'ESR Performance' on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Avoid 'ESR Performance' on eBay

It's guys like this that give eBay a bad rep. Below is a copy of my complaint filed with PayPal, regarding the purchase of an LS1 oil cap.
Contacted seller (twice) re no product receipt, and twice told "on its way." When package finally arrived, it was postmarked well after the date I was told "on its way." Upon opening package, it was the wrong item. I rcvd this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8020020864
But ordered this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8015806367

Further contact with seller to resolve matter has been fruitless. I either receive no response, or (after several day delay) seller responds with a single line "what's wrong" email. It is apparent to me that seller is hoping to stall until the 45 day deadline for filing a claim has expired. I have retained all written communications between myself and the seller, and can provide copies upon request. I also can provide a digital photo of the wrong product rcvd, as well as the postmark on the package (establishing that the seller has lied to me at least twice already). I have kept a professional tone to my communication with seller, but am left with no recourse at this point. The product was intended as a Christmas present, but it seems apparent the matter will not be resolved by then. Please let me know if you have questions or require further information. I would accept a refund OR the correct merchandise. Any assistance with resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated.
And here is the result, provided to me by PayPal's Protection Services Department:
The seller has offered to provide a full refund once you return the item in its original condition. Please send the item to the seller at the following address:

7751 WEST 28 AVE #4, HIALEAH, FL 33016, United States

You are responsible for shipping and handling costs associated with returning the item. Once you ship the item, please provide us with an online tracking number by Dec. 28, 2005. This tracking number allows us to confirm that you shipped the item. Please understand that if you fail to provide this information, your case will automatically be closed.

We recommend that you ship the item using a service that can supply proof of shipment or a tracking number. Otherwise, you may need to rely on the seller to confirm if the item was received.
At this point, I am just going to drop it. It's not big $$, so I'll just write it off to experience. I don't blame PayPal, but it hardly seems worth the trouble to pay money to get my money back.

Notice that the seller does not dispute any of my claims. Caveat emptor!

Edit: Just noticed that the "company name" is different from the eBay member-ID, which is performancetuners - avoid either!

Last edited by Mr. Lucky; 12-20-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:59 PM
screw991le
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

What did you get, pics?

Did you pay by paypal via credit card or bank transfer?

If you did credit card, you CC company will issue you a credit.

I never use my bank anymore to transfer $$$ via paypal, they never stand behind the protection plan
Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Pics? I ordered this (gunmetal anodized LS1 cap):

But got this (silver billet cap with Pontiac logo):

I paid from my PayPal money market account, but like I said, I don't blame PayPal - they did their part.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 AM
edensknight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking caps. Hope you are able to have your issues resolved in your favor. Hang in there.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 AM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Pics? I ordered this (gunmetal anodized LS1 cap):

But got this (silver billet cap with Pontiac logo):

I paid from my PayPal money market account, but like I said, I don't blame PayPal - they did their part.
Those are nice looking caps. Sorry about you're problem -
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 AM
RAO-3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Appreciate the heads up!

Ray
Old 12-20-2005, 07:55 AM
VRROOOM2
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Nice cap, reasonable price... but SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWW shipping ehh? Also, NO center "sticker?".

I'd guess finding a corvette sticker to go in there would be better in the long run anyway...??

You keep the cap, dress it up Vette apropriate and you're good to go!!

Wa-lah!!

Good luck man... sorry for the trouble...

Old 12-20-2005, 08:40 AM
screw991le
Race Director

That pontiac sticker is what the auction shows, am I missing something?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by screw991le
That pontiac sticker is what the auction shows, am I missing something?
The gunmetal finish one (that was ordered) is blank in the center. It's more obvious in the blowup picture on the auction page. The Pontiac stcker on the one received looks like an OEM job (3D, domed), and is in the box separately.

Nice cap, but not what I ordered, and can't use it.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Is it a sticker or paint? Can you just take the sticker off? Pretty cool lookin' cap. Even though the seller has a lot of auctions under the belt I looked at the feedback and can't say I've ever seen so many negatives. 173 in the past 12 months.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:37 AM
BUK VETT
Pro

Sorry to hear that, sometimes it seems some sellers have so many auctions going at once that they cannot keep them straight. I would just copy his auction and resell it on ebay. or can you take it to a dealer and get credit and get what you wanted? good luck!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Cajundude
Even though the seller has a lot of auctions under the belt I looked at the feedback and can't say I've ever seen so many negatives. 173 in the past 12 months.
He's up to 175 since you posted (and I'm thinking seriously of making it 176 ).

Edit: I did make it 176. He/she/it received 3 Negatives and a Neutral just today.

Last edited by Mr. Lucky; 12-20-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:53 PM
1 Nasty Z
Burning Brakes

Sorry but I liked that cap so much that I just ordered one from them. If it comes with the wrong sticker I will get a custom one made for it.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 1 Nasty Z
I just ordered one from them. If it comes with the wrong sticker I will get a custom one made for it.
I don't know if you are pulling my leg or if you just didn't read this thread carefully. I don't give a damn about the sticker... they sent the wrong cap! If you really liked it so much, I would have sold you this one.

If this is for real, good luck getting your order my friend.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Hammie
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1 Nasty Z
Sorry but I liked that cap so much that I just ordered one from them. If it comes with the wrong sticker I will get a custom one made for it.
Seriously now, are you retarded?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mark33
Seriously now, are you retarded?
Very subtle
Old 12-21-2005, 11:59 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

You just need to check out the sellers before buying. You will almost always run in to problems with someone that is selling so many items on eBay. 884 items sold in just the last month. He simply can't keep up with quick shipping or emails. I'll never buy from anybody with a lower feedback score than 99.5%. And the 101 negatives in the last 6 months really tells the whole story. Just be carefull checking them out before you buy and you will do fine.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1
You will almost always run in to problems with someone that is selling so many items on eBay. 884 items sold in just the last month. He simply can't keep up with quick shipping or emails. I'll never buy from anybody with a lower feedback score than 99.5%. And the 101 negatives in the last 6 months really tells the whole story.
True enough in this case. However, I think buyers also need to look beyond just the raw feedback score. Determining which Negatives are retribution also needs to be taken into account. Case in point, he gave me a Negative feedback because I gave him one... even though he was paid w/i seconds of the auction close, and I was the victim! I'm letting his Negative stand (along with my own response comments), since it is obvious to anyone that it is just a feeble attempt at "getting even."

Get notified of new replies

To Avoid 'ESR Performance' on eBay

Quick Reply: Avoid 'ESR Performance' on eBay