Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alton IL River Road cruise today....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Kolk1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Alton IL River Road cruise today....

Im sorry, but I dont know of any local Corvette boards. And today I was heading towards Grafton IL and I see a long string of corvettes heading the other way. I do a U turn and follow. They headed down river road, then over the bridge into MO. Then headed down 94. I assumed they where heading towards Just Corvettes, but after awhile, they just all started spliting up. I didnt get a chance to talk to any of them. The corvette I was following had custom plates, and I sent him a pm, but his profile says OK, and this guy had MO plates that I was behind. Im just trying to find out who this club was. I have several friends with corvettes in the local area, and none of us know of any local boards with forums. There was a C1, about 3 C4s, 5 C5s and 1 C6 . The C6 had a yellow flame graphic design on the hook, car was black with a large spoiler. Anyways, I dont know where else to look. So I thought Id post here. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 PM
LiquidDI
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm from Alton. I was not there though.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 PM
PierEagle
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolk1
Im sorry, but I dont know of any local Corvette boards. And today I was heading towards Grafton IL and I see a long string of corvettes heading the other way. I do a U turn and follow. They headed down river road, then over the bridge into MO. Then headed down 94. I assumed they where heading towards Just Corvettes, but after awhile, they just all started spliting up. I didnt get a chance to talk to any of them. The corvette I was following had custom plates, and I sent him a pm, but his profile says OK, and this guy had MO plates that I was behind. Im just trying to find out who this club was. I have several friends with corvettes in the local area, and none of us know of any local boards with forums. There was a C1, about 3 C4s, 5 C5s and 1 C6 . The C6 had a yellow flame graphic design on the hook, car was black with a large spoiler. Anyways, I dont know where else to look. So I thought Id post here. Thanks.
There's a club (think it's Boones Trail Corvette Club) that meets at Willikers in Country Club Plaza on South 94, (about 1/2 mile south of 70) 2nd Thursday, every month. This might be the one.

Last edited by PierEagle; 03-18-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Kolk1
Pro

Originally Posted by LiquidDI
I'm from Alton. I was not there though.
Are you on any local boards??

There is the local Fbody board that alot of other cars hang out with. Some GTOs, corvettes and so on. We are meeting at the Trailhead Brewing company tomorow, meet starts at 2, Ill probably be there around 1:30, Might be about 3 other vettes.

I found that board that talks about every Tues, but cant find anything on there website about a cruise today.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Kolk1
Pro

Bump.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
bennettrp
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'13-'14,'19-'20-'21-'22

Alton?
I've fished on the river at Alton.

Maybe I ought take C5 out there for a ride.................

Old 03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
bobbss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It Should of been the Original Corvette Club Of St. Louis.I'm a new member there and I know they was going on a drive up the River Road today.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 322 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I was in that group! I was in the Electron Blue Coupe. It was the Route 66 Corvette Club based out of St. Charles, MO. We were returning from Pere Marquette State Park in Il. where we had lunch.

The C6 (black with yellow flames) has a 427 built and installed by LG Motorsports with 474 rwhp!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Kolk1
Pro

Originally Posted by 2k2C5
I was in that group! I was in the Electron Blue Coupe. It was the Route 66 Corvette Club based out of St. Charles, MO. We were returning from Pere Marquette State Park in Il. where we had lunch.

The C6 (black with yellow flames) has a 427 built and installed by LG Motorsports with 474 rwhp!
I think the person I sent a pm too was 2k2 C5 with a space. Ill go look, but is there a forums board for that group??

I was the Torch red C5 that followed you for 1/2 an hour lol
Old 03-21-2006, 06:16 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I think the person I sent a pm too was 2k2 C5 with a space. Ill go look, but is there a forums board for that group??

I was the Torch red C5 that followed you for 1/2 an hour lol
That was me. There isn't a forum board for our club but we have a website. Route 66 Corvette Club I remember you being back there and wondered who it was.

The run, btw, left Fastlane Classic Cars in St. Charles and ended at Pere Marquette State Park. There were 35 cars total that went. Mostly street rods, muscle cars and Corvettes. Fun ride. Oh, I didn't get your PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Kolk1
Pro

The Pm was sent to 2k2 C5, with a space, yours doesnt have a space.

So i take it, you need to go to the monthly meeting to find out about cruises and so on?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
man00dude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

So i take it, you need to go to the monthly meeting to find out about cruises and so on?
-------------------
Besides the Route 66 Corvette Club there is also the Original Corevette club of St. Louis and the Looking Glass Corvette Club (out of O'fallon IL area). Check out the following link for Car cruise/shows, etc.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.c...=lakerscarclub

I'm a member of the Looking Glass Corvette club and we are trying to get as many Corvettes to attend the cruise at Johnny Rocket's on Apr 15th. (hope it is a nice evening).

APR 15 SATURDAY ~ JOHNNY ROCKET CRUISE hosted by LAKER'S CAR CLUB ~ DASH PLAQUES to 1st 100 participants, each cruise night ~ 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. ~ Attendance Prizes ~ 50/50 Drawing ~ exit #16 off I-64 to Green Mount Road ~ Southern Illinois largest Car Cruise with 400+ beautiful Cars and trucks all in one place to enjoy... This year will be even more SPECTACULAR!!!! ~ See you here on the 3rd Saturday of each the month April through October! ~SHILOH, IL

See you there,

Manny
Old 03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

You could attend a meeting but on the website there is a calendar of upcoming cruises and events.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:36 PM
man00dude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

You could attend a meeting but on the website there is a calendar of upcoming cruises and events.

Joseph,

If you and anyone else in your club wants to join this cruise in Shiloh Illinois on the 15 April, come on over. I'm trying to round up as many vettes as possible. It would be a nice cruise from St. Peters.

Manny
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Kolk1
Pro

This is all Im seeing for march, am I looking in the wrong place?? I cant find anything about the cruise on the 18th.

RT66 Corvette Club Monthly Meeting March 2nd Culpeppers, O'Fallon, MO
Brewery Tour-Tom Reitz March 2nd O'Fallon Gold Brewery, O'Fallon, MO
Old 03-22-2006, 06:16 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

This is all Im seeing for march, am I looking in the wrong place?? I cant find anything about the cruise on the 18th.

RT66 Corvette Club Monthly Meeting March 2nd Culpeppers, O'Fallon, MO
Brewery Tour-Tom Reitz March 2nd O'Fallon Gold Brewery, O'Fallon, MO
The cruise on the 18th was advertised in the St. Louis Post Dispatch newspaper. After reading about it an e-mail was sent out to our members. We didn't organize or know about the cruise at our last meeting.

Get notified of new replies

To Alton IL River Road cruise today....

Quick Reply: Alton IL River Road cruise today....