A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
VETLAGD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default A/C Question

When I turn my AC on, it blows out of every vent no matter which mode I have it set it in. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Jason
Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 PM
PYRO1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Damit Boy, when did that start?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:30 AM
coast7
Racer

Originally Posted by VETLAGD
When I turn my AC on, it blows out of every vent no matter which mode I have it set it in. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Jason
Jason,

When this happened to my '98 C5 it was due to the vacuum lines beneath the battery being eaten away by a leaky battery. These vacuum lines run from the intake manifold to the vacuum storage tank then out of the tank through the firewall to the a/c-heater vent control module. In order to check for damage, you must remove the battery and the battery tray and perform an inspection of the wiring harnesses in the area. If there are signs of corrosion, then that is likely the cause of your problem.

If there are signs of corrosion, clean the area thoroughly with a wash of baking soda and water or buy a commercial solvent to do the job. Then you go hunting for the remaining ends of the vacuum tubes and splice in new tubing.

PM me if you need more detail
Old 05-02-2006, 07:43 AM
VETLAGD
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks for the info coast7, I will check that this evening. If I have any question I will pm you...

Jason
Old 06-21-2006, 09:39 AM
VETLAGD
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Well it only took me a month and a half to finally slow down long enough to check on this AC problem. I had my battery out this morning due to the service traction control warning on the dic. Battery terminals had some corrosion on them so I cleaned them off. While I had the battery out I decided to take the tray out as well. Lo and behold, I found a 1/4 inch long hole eaten through a vacuum line. Cut the bad section out, re-attached the tube and small hose together... Put the battery back in and everything works GREAT now... AC finally blows out of the correct vents...

Thanks Coast7 for the advice last month... Exactly what it was...

Jason

Get notified of new replies

To A/C Question

Quick Reply: A/C Question