Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure sensors not giving a readong??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 PM
steelcities
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Tire pressure sensors not giving a readong??

Changed wheels. Used this to reset my tpm:
I used this message forwarded from a fellow forum memeber and it worked just as described. Thought I would post for anyone else that may need to reset their TPMs. 1) Turn ignition on 2) Press "Reset" button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages 3) Press and release the "Options" button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank 4) Press and hold the DIC "Reset" button for 3 seconds 5) Press the "Options" button again until TIRE TRAINING message appears 6) Press "Reset" button until the IPC "Learn L Front Tire" message appears in order to begin the programming 7) Install the J41760 Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Programming Tool (large magnet will do) over the left front valve stem 8) The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed (if this takes more than 15 seconds, pull magnet back and try again, it will give you three tries. Then you must start over) 9) When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed by the IPC messages: -Learn R Front Tire -Learn R Rear Tire -Learn L Rear Tire Programming can be canceled by turning ignition off, waiting 2 minutes with no sensors being learned, finishing all 4 wheels or through the DIC. If the programming is canceled with less than 4 sensors learned, it will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.
When I was finished with the left rear tire, I got one chirp and that's it. Now, the DIC shows tire pressure front L R but no numbers. Had no problems with the system before.

Any ideas?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Each tire must chrip. Try learning again, sometimes it takes a long time to activate each tire.

Moving magnet around stem and also near wheel at bottom of stem helps.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:52 PM
GrayC5
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, sounds as if you didn't get all four tires reprogrammed and you will need to start over again. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:07 PM
steelcities
Safety Car

Thanks for the quick replies. I went through it twice. I got a chirp at each wheel. Done with the last wheel and the DIC had changed to FOB training as if I was done. Then scrolling through shows no reading. I'll try again a third time.

Anything else?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I trained my new sensors, I had to drive around for a while before they registered the pressure.
jeff
Old 06-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffC5
After I trained my new sensors, I had to drive around for a while before they registered the pressure.
jeff
You must exceed 15 mph before they start to read. You probably had them programed, but did not drive the car.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:17 AM
steelcities
Safety Car

That was it. Thanks to all!

Get notified of new replies

To Tire pressure sensors not giving a readong??

Quick Reply: Tire pressure sensors not giving a readong??