Is it just me, or you too?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Will99FRC
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Is it just me, or you too?

Does this happen to you, or is it just me? No matter how far out I park in any parking lot, when I return to my car there is somebody always parked next to me. And usually it is a car that I would never park next to by choice if you know what I mean. There are plenty of parking spots closer to the store, so why do they park next to me? I don't get it. Maybe Vettes are magnets for cars that give out door dings.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:42 AM
artfahie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too bad here in Maine, but I DO park out, the excercise is good for me anyway, and it's not unusual to find some folks hovering around the car when I get back to it, always with some respect for it.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
nite
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everytime. I believe the vette is a magnet.

I can park it at the farthest end of an empty lot, and sure as sh*t, someone will be right beside me when I come out.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
deemer
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I do the same thing and yes, when I come out someone will be parked next to me. But when I dirve something other than the vettes, and I see a vette parked way out in the lot, I will park the vehicle I am driving next to it to make sure some idiot doesen't ding his door.

By the way, I'm not the only one that does that., Awhile back a thread similiar to this was posted and I was really surprised to read how many members park their DD next to a vette in order to save some dings in corvette dorrs.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

My favorite was when I came out of the store only to find some pos with handicapped plates on it parked next to me. I guess they weren't handicapped enough to walk across an entire parking lot!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
vectorz
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

But the vette doesn't get 'dings'. The doors are fiberglass. And if you have the BSMs, it'll protect your paint too. i live in Los Angeles area which gets about crowded as you can get, but i don't worry about it. I'll park my car in the tightest spots and so far no paing scratches that I've noticed. Even if it does, it's just a car
Old 08-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Will99FRC
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by deemer
I do the same thing and yes, when I come out someone will be parked next to me. But when I dirve something other than the vettes, and I see a vette parked way out in the lot, I will park the vehicle I am driving next to it to make sure some idiot doesen't ding his door.

By the way, I'm not the only one that does that., Awhile back a thread similiar to this was posted and I was really surprised to read how many members park their DD next to a vette in order to save some dings in corvette dorrs.
I have to admit, I never considered the possibility that the car parked next to me might be fellow corvette owner trying to protect another vette.

When I am driving my vette, I will park next to another vette for the same reason.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 AM
kactussjack
Instructor

If I can't find a wide open space to park, I try to find the nicest car(s) in the lot to park next to.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 AM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Will99FRC
Does this happen to you, or is it just me? No matter how far out I park in any parking lot, when I return to my car there is somebody always parked next to me. And usually it is a car that I would never park next to by choice if you know what I mean. There are plenty of parking spots closer to the store, so why do they park next to me? I don't get it. Maybe Vettes are magnets for cars that give out door dings.
I park way out and cross two spaces
seems to do the trick, 99 and NO door dings or nicks
Old 08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

Originally Posted by nite
Everytime. I believe the vette is a magnet.

I can park it at the farthest end of an empty lot, and sure as sh*t, someone will be right beside me when I come out.
Every darn time
Old 08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
03CARISMA
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks. I never really thought about doing this. I appreciate your consideration. We ought to all do what we can to help protect the Vettes.
By the way, I'm not the only one that does that., Awhile back a thread similiar to this was posted and I was really surprised to read how many members park their DD next to a vette in order to save some dings in corvette dorrs.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-20-2006, 12:09 PM
mogreenn
Instructor

This so tru...
I could be in Lacaster PA and park in the farthest spot away from the store im going in and with the "vette parking curse" I would have a horse and buggy next to me WHEN i COME OUT..

Plenty of them amish horse and buggys out there BTW..

J
Old 08-20-2006, 01:17 PM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mogreenn
This so tru...
I could be in Lacaster PA and park in the farthest spot away from the store im going in and with the "vette parking curse" I would have a horse and buggy next to me WHEN i COME OUT..

Plenty of them amish horse and buggys out there BTW..

J
So what would be worse... a door ding or a pile of manure on the hood?

(ps -- I know of what you speak... Millersville U 1992.)
Old 08-20-2006, 01:21 PM
filmelf
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'08

Parking is horrible here! Not only do they like to ding doors but they squeeze in to an area smaller than their car bumping bumpers as they go.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Sneed
Racer

Originally Posted by vectorz
But the vette doesn't get 'dings'. The doors are fiberglass. And if you have the BSMs, it'll protect your paint too.

Don't say that too loud. Someone may take that as a challenge.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:47 PM
dajael

This happens to me almost without fail. My wife says that people probably do it to pxss off the vette owner and she might be right. Last time I was out at the mall I counted 43 open p-spots between my car and the front door and when I came out there was a car parked right next to mine (soccer mom van ) still with 43 open spots.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:17 PM
rpm462
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I feel your pain!!! Same thing happens to me all the time! I'm thinking about getting some of those orange cones and putting those around the car anytime I go somewhere...maybe with some type of label like "Medically Quarantined"!

Get notified of new replies

To Is it just me, or you too?

Old 08-20-2006, 03:37 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whent to Giant Eagle (local grocery store) Friday after work. Parked on the side of the building far away from the parking lot and those runaway buggies. While walking to my C6 after shopping I noticed a brand new red Lexus parked in front of me and a junker parked directly behind me. Guess the C5 and the C6 attracks both the good and the ugly.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:42 PM
big gil
Instructor

I went to a nearby mall and parked the vette as far from the mall you could and in two parking spaces and when i returned to my car, the mall rent a cop had put a big bright orange hard as hell to get off sticker on my drivers side window. the reason i took up two spaces, i almost lost it. they had nothing better to do then mess with a car 300 spaces away from everyone else.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:47 PM
vertc51116
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deemer

I do the same thing now that I have my truck. I'm used to parking next to vettes in parking lots (when I drove the vette) now I park next to them and 'take the hit' for them...

I always found people parking next to me in my vette. They must be a magnet.

Quick Reply: Is it just me, or you too?