Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with forum member "Aggie Doc" ( richard perry or rick )

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default My experience with forum member "Aggie Doc" ( richard perry or rick )

Let me start by saying im not sure if this is in the right section but i just wanted to put it out there in case anyone is thinking of doing business with him ( although im not even sure hes going to be on the board anymore since im assuming hes selling his car ). Also i did not realize that profanity was not allowed on the board so i have edited my post to not use profanity and instead state the facts so other members are warned.

First off i bought my 97 C5 about 7 months ago and since that day my co-working has been asking me to sell it to him ( good friend of mine ). Well i told him if the right deal came along for the right car for me i would sell him my corvette.

3 weeks ago or so Aggie Doc 97 black on black c5 came up for sale so i contacted aggie and told him that i was very intersted in buying his car, however in order for me to do it i had to sell mine first and that the only reason i was selling it was to buy his. He said he understood and would help me with whatever he could. Started off as a great transaction.

Well i contacted my friend and we got the ball rolling, i told aggie that i would most likely be able to come get the car the following week ( asked him if i needed a deposit or anything and he said not to worry about it ). I explained to him that my friend had pulled a loan for my car and we were just waiting for the check to clear but as soon as it cleared i would head down there to get it. I told him most likely the following thursday is what i would be looking at. I also re-stated that i had only sold my car to buy his and that this was going to be my only car, I recieved a notorized bill of sale stating what the deal was with the car from aggie.

Well we get a call from the bank stating that it could take a few more days to clear the check so i immidiatly contact aggie and let him know it may not be till friday if he could wait till then or i could drop off half the in cash and wire him the rest friday ( the next freaking day ), i also mentioned if it was a deal breaker i would figure out a way to get him the full amount on thursday. Well i get an email from him stating that he was calling off the entire deal was "null and void" because he did not want to wait 24 hours?!?! Not an email saying that doesnt work can you come up with the money, just sorry no deal. This is after he KNEW i only sold my car to buy his and HE KNEW i had already sold my car so he left me stranded.

I sent him 5 emails, NUMEROUS phone calls, 3 pms begging him to get back in touch with me so we could figure something out, and even if we could not to at least let me know man to man what he was going to do.

So here is to you RICK, next time please man up and make the phone call to let someone know what the deal is, especially when you knew it was a situation where someone sold there car already with the sole purpose of buying yours

Luckily for me i got in contact with HolyShiznit about his 2000 Supercharged C5 ( much nicer car than i was going to buy from rick ); and explained the situation to him and he has been nothing but a pleasure to do business with. So it worked out for me but i just wanted to let others know about rick.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like he had someone else waiting in the wings or he decided not to sell the car... Bummer..... I personally would've waited, but some people are just wierd.. Glad you got a better car...
Old 08-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Taxin
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Things happen for a reason but thats not right a deal is a deal that is a reflection of character sorry to say good luck with your new car
Old 08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

I really hope this thread does not get locked as i tried to edit it so that it can stay up in case anyone else is going to do business with rick.

To me a deal is a deal and he gave me his word that we had a deal ( as well as a legal notorized bill of sale ) and backed out without even answering a phone call.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:59 AM
JTKzVette
Burning Brakes

Maybe he thought you were jerking him around?? Things happen for a reason. Hence, you said you found an even better car. Let it go and enjoy your new ride!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
tboneinsc
Racer

Default car sale

Ya know I probably would have done the same thing as Aggie. I think most people that have any experience with selling cars, or anything else for that matter, will tell you the first one that comes up with the cash gets the car.

I remember as a lowly NCO car shopping in Germany I found the exact car I wanted on a dealers lot. The salesperson told me a Colonel was interested in the car and had went to get his wife to show it to her. I said "I have $8K for a down payment" and the salesperson said "I hope you enjoy your car sir". Hence the saying money talks and BS walks.

Sounds like it worked out for the best anyway if you found an even better Vette.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Joe Diver
CF Enhanced Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Look guys, I don't know what happened here and we're only getting one side of the story. I know Rick and he's a great guy, real stand up. We've cruised together many times and had some great times. He doesn't strike me as someone who would intentionally screw someone over and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt....there just has to be more to this story!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:42 PM
BobbyG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
Look guys, I don't know what happened here and we're only getting one side of the story. I know Rick and he's a great guy, real stand up. We've cruised together many times and had some great times. He doesn't strike me as someone who would intentionally screw someone over and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt....there just has to be more to this story!
I don't judge anyone unless I personally witness something or hear 2 sides of a story. Can we possibly get Rick's version of it?

It takes 2 to tango...
Old 08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

There must be a piece of the puzzle missing here. YEAH- I want to hear both sides of the story too.

Paging Aggie Doc - please report to this thread -- Rick - Call --- Line one
Old 08-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,110 Likes on 984 Posts

Default Advice To Buyers And Sellers

Put the deal in WRITING. Buyer, give they seller a deposit. Seller, get a deposit from the buyer.

NO CONTRACT+NO DEPOSIT=NO DEAL
Old 08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Put the deal in WRITING. Buyer, give they seller a deposit. Seller, get a deposit from the buyer.

NO CONTRACT+NO DEPOSIT=NO DEAL
There it is right there........
Old 08-27-2006, 04:22 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

as long as we have no attacks or bashing....this will stay open for other party to reply..
Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

I do have a bill of sale that is notorized, and i did offer a deposit. He stated that a deposit was not needed.

I even stated that if need be i could come up with the money by the thursday date we had set it would just be more difficult ( however if it was a deal breaker i would do it )

I would love to get rick on here to see his side of the story; i am interested to see how they compare to the emails and pms that he sent me, knowing that i only sold my car to buy his. Knowing my situation however deciding to sell the car out from under me.

To this date i have heard nothing back from him after numerous calls, emails pms.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:21 PM
pauly1119
Drifting

Received 401 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'11

Hey look at it this way you have a better car now, everything happens for a reason
Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Vital Velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11

Oh i agree i am getting a MUCH better car now. Im not doing this to whine and cry about it, i just want anyone who is thinking of doing any sort of business with him to know the facts of my transaction.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:29 AM
frty9r
Racer

you're better of in the end
Old 08-28-2006, 03:12 AM
ryan.swift
Instructor

Originally Posted by tboneinsc
I remember as a lowly NCO car shopping in Germany I found the exact car I wanted on a dealers lot. The salesperson told me a Colonel was interested in the car and had went to get his wife to show it to her. I said "I have $8K for a down payment" and the salesperson said "I hope you enjoy your car sir". Hence the saying money talks and BS walks.

Um, Don't all sales people say things like this to get a deal done?

-Swifty

Get notified of new replies

To My experience with forum member "Aggie Doc" ( richard perry or rick )

Old 08-28-2006, 07:41 AM
tboneinsc
Racer

Default Car Sale

Originally Posted by ryan.swift
Um, Don't all sales people say things like this to get a deal done?

-Swifty
Swifty they sure do, which is why I had a short and very undistinguished career in car sales. I decided to quit after a 23 year old finance manger, who was washing cars the year before, yelled at me and had his finger in my face because I wouldn't jack up the finance rate on a car a fellow veteran was buying. Apparantly it was against the companies policy for me to tell him I was going to snap it off and shove it up his....well you know where!

My advice is to always get your financing done before you set foot in a dealership unless it is the special 0% rates. Dealership finance managers don't give the best rate you can get. They give the best rate they can find plus what ever markup they can add on since they get paid on your finance rate.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 AM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver

I've done business with him as well detailing his cars and everything went perfect and smooth.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Bill of sale - showing deposit amount - balance due - balance due date.

without that, then it's up for grabs.

If I were the seller, I would of made certain to say that there are no promises on the sale of the car... that if someone walked up with cash - it would be sold.
I would not of tagged someone along, without them knowing full-well that the car was still available to the first person with the money.

But that's just me.

I do have a bill of sale that is notorized, and i did offer a deposit. He stated that a deposit was not needed.
that's a way to say that the car isn't officially sold yet. And a crappy way to say it IMO

Quick Reply: My experience with forum member "Aggie Doc" ( richard perry or rick )