Sponsored by:

[Z06] Where do I get Lowering Bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I get Lowering Bolts?

Hey guys where can i get lowering bolts? any good companies? I want to go lower thn 1inch prob around 2 or something like that. Any one have pix of any vetts with a 2 inch drop on stock Z wheels? Plz help me Im new to the Z community and still do not know a lot. I already searched the forums but all they talk about is how low u can go with stock bolts and bushing problems.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 AM
sturgeon90293
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower it 2"

Call A&A Corvette for bolts to lower the rear end. On the front end I just cut the bushings so I'm lowered 2" all around.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sturgeon90293
Call A&A Corvette for bolts to lower the rear end. On the front end I just cut the bushings so I'm lowered 2" all around.
sweet you got any pictures of how your car sits?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

cut the bushings, you'll be plenty low
Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 AM
bmg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lowering bolts don't drop the car low enough for me. I am going to do a group buy and get a set of the Pfadt coilovers in the near future.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/inde...e=pfadt-racing
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default how low

You've probably read this thread, but if not check it out. There are some good pictures and information about lowering.

I personally don't think that lowering more than about 1 inch on stock hardware is a good idea. Read this thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1495581

good luck,
Aaron
Old 09-13-2006, 02:48 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
You've probably read this thread, but if not check it out. There are some good pictures and information about lowering.

I personally don't think that lowering more than about 1 inch on stock hardware is a good idea. Read this thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1495581

good luck,
Aaron
If I were to install your kit (coilovers and sway bars) would my car handle flat?

I have been in a modded NSX and there was no lean in it around corners.

Currently I am lowered on stock hardware, and in highspeed turns I feel like stability is lost. I can feel the rear wonder a bit. I am talking about changing lanes or lines at 120. the rear feels like it is following the car, once I get back on a line, it over compensates and jerks back the other way. it is predictable, but uncomfortable.

I think the Z06 comes way too soft stock.
My C4 does not do this, but it has it's own issues.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:09 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 333 Likes on 140 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

1 bushing cut in the front and longer bolts in the rear. You don't need a kit, just go to a hardware store and buy some longer grade 8 bolts, it will save you about 25 bucks!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

how do i cut the front bushing? i dont understand Im still new to this cutting and doing this and that stuff
Old 09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 333 Likes on 140 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...D=27&TopicID=1
Old 09-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

thnx a lot man i appriciate it very much
Old 09-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Originally Posted by bill mcdonald
If I were to install your kit (coilovers and sway bars) would my car handle flat?

I have been in a modded NSX and there was no lean in it around corners.

Currently I am lowered on stock hardware, and in highspeed turns I feel like stability is lost. I can feel the rear wonder a bit. I am talking about changing lanes or lines at 120. the rear feels like it is following the car, once I get back on a line, it over compensates and jerks back the other way. it is predictable, but uncomfortable.

I think the Z06 comes way too soft stock.
My C4 does not do this, but it has it's own issues.
Bill,

The Pfadt suspension kit will give you the sharp confident feeling you desire. The Z06 springs are still on the soft side. A good set of sway bars with urethane bushings will go a long way, but the real solution is to go stiffer on the springs, shocks and sways.

Depending on your usage of the car, we have a package that will suit you. If you do some track days and are not afraid to have a stiffer ride we have a set of sways called Pfatty bars. They will make the car dead flat in cornering. Our standard set of sways are also great, but keep the ride a little more reasonable on the street. They are still about 50% stiffer than the OE Z sways. Our coils are a good choice in either case.

Lowering on the OE hardware can work to some degree, but if you attempt to go too far, it is just like all of those kids who cut the springs on their Hondas. You end up low, but riding around hitting the bump stops. When you run out of travel, the supension quits working and the handling suffers.

Feel free to call if you have any more questions about your setup or our products.

-Aaron
Old 09-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

Wait so let me get this straight. Lowering the car on stock front bolts and cuttign the bushings is a bad idea? and buying longer bolts for the back to lower it about 2 inches all around is also not safe? plz more people that have done this, i want to know what you think about it. I love the idea of coil overs but the original suspension setup is already low to the ground and if you dont go to shows that much i dont think your car should be slammed to the ground. I want my car low but not anything redicalous. How will this affect my drag times? launch? and 60ft times? any one have any ideas?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
DT
Le Mans Master

The thing that is bad and potentially dangerous is running out of shock travel (especially on track).

The general concensus is the OEM shocks will handle travel up to what the OEM bolts/bushing will allow for lowering (i.e., just adjustments, correct front-to-rear rake and no cutting). Any past that, it's getting into the territory where you could run out of shock travel.

Another alternative is to use shorter bodied shocks offered by HAL, Bilstein, etc., which will give you more room on a (really) lowered car.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Kamil
Burning Brakes

Anything on the launch will it change from my stock setup with the bolts? Im not planning on autocrossing the car how will taht affect my shock travel ?
AND AGAIN some ogf the other questions - Wait so let me get this straight. Lowering the car on stock front bolts and cuttign the bushings is a bad idea? and buying longer bolts for the back to lower it about 2 inches all around is also not safe? plz more people that have done this, i want to know what you think about it. I love the idea of coil overs but the original suspension setup is already low to the ground and if you dont go to shows that much i dont think your car should be slammed to the ground. I want my car low but not anything redicalous. How will this affect my drag times? launch? and 60ft times? any one have any ideas?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:31 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

lowering it while retaining some of the stock components will put excessive wear on your shocks. your stock shocks arent designed to be that low.

Get notified of new replies

To Where do I get Lowering Bolts?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where do I get Lowering Bolts?