Sponsored by:

Blackout Options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:10 PM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Blackout Options?

I am wondering what blackout options people know about. There has to be a reasonably priced solution for blackouts that looks clean.

I just ordered, and will most likely have for sale a 9-piece blackout kit from Exotic Vette. I know many people on the forum have installed these and are very happy with them, but the fit/finish isn't to the caliber that I expected. On the other hand I don't want to pay over $300 to ship off my lights for treatement.

I have seen other blackout kits that are a carbon fiber look and stick to the plastic, they are very thin and look very clean. The problem is I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere.

The other option that I have found is Nite Shades. This seems like the way to go, the only problem is you can't take it off.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by jbauch357
I am wondering what blackout options people know about. There has to be a reasonably priced solution for blackouts that looks clean.

I just ordered, and will most likely have for sale a 9-piece blackout kit from Exotic Vette. I know many people on the forum have installed these and are very happy with them, but the fit/finish isn't to the caliber that I expected. On the other hand I don't want to pay over $300 to ship off my lights for treatement.

I have seen other blackout kits that are a carbon fiber look and stick to the plastic, they are very thin and look very clean. The problem is I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere.

The other option that I have found is Nite Shades. This seems like the way to go, the only problem is you can't take it off.
IMO, the two best options are what you mentioned above and Corvette Enhancements gel-coated lights. The nite shades just don't look right to me, the surface is essentially textured. Stay far far away from the static overlays too.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

A thread I posted on my complete blackout kit from Corvette Enhancements a few months ago. Excellent quality.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1457457
Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
BadYellowCorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can order a couple cans of nite shades from midamerica and spray the lights that you want to black out. When you find a happy medium on the shade take them to a body shop and let them clear coat them. They will turn out nice. My brother done this on his 02 Trans Am and they turned out really good. You should not be out no more than $100.00 Hope this helps.

Derek

Get notified of new replies

To Blackout Options?

Quick Reply: Blackout Options?