Sponsored by:

Riddle me This....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Riddle me This....

You have placed an order with a well known vendor of Corvette after market parts. You placed this order in mid September. Some of the parts you ordered are said to be on backorder. (this being told to you well after the order was placed)

After A long wait you have most of your order. (as in today) But, you are still missing some parts. (3 to be exact!) One item is said to be sent, even given a tracking #.(and shows on you bill as sent) But the tracking # leads you to nothing more than a page that says contact the shipper... (that has been done with no results!) AKA something as simple as Bolts...

Before you placed said order, you asked what was included.. (2nd missing item...) That has also not arrived? (No reply by vendor about this?)

3rd Item: have been told this is on backorder,(AKA well after order was placed). When contacting vendor, was told about the backorder... Was asked if I wanted a Substitute item. (AKA similar item) I told the vendor at that time, NO!! I will wait till what I placed in my order to be sent. (this was done VIA E~Mail) Said vendor goes ahead and sends the similar/Substitute item. I contact vendor about this and they say return it. I do so at my expense!!!!

At this point I have yet to receive any items in question. Nor have I receive any real reply to said transactions!!

I will admit, that most of my contacts with said vendor have been VIA E~Mail. I have called them a couple times, but mostly be E~Mail. (Said vendor does have a website, and do lots of business that way) I do most of this type thing via the internet, as I work strange hours and is easier to do for me. (not up or around at phone type hours)

So.. What do I do? CALL THEM OUT?? They are a well known Vendor as I said.. I have refrained from that to this point! But, I am not even getting a reply from them as of now.. (I would think if you do business via the internet, you should reply/take care of said business the same!)

Order was placed back on the 3rd of September..... It is now what one day from December.....

So, what do I do?
TIA for input on this....
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Arcane1
Supporting Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

If it is a supporting vendor you can contact one of the moderators with your problem and see what they can do for you.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Vetteoholic
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

PM me with the name of the Vendor so I don't order anything from them! lol * That stinks, I agree contact a moderator. Best of luck

Last edited by Vetteoholic; 11-30-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

This Vendor is all over the net! And is a sponser at most any place LSX related!!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Stangkiller
Race Director

CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by DocAcumen
This Vendor is all over the net! And is a sponser at most any place LSX related!!
This forum has fairly strict guidelines on how to handle vendor disputes. I highly recommend taking it to pm with a moderator for now.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It may have not been the correct approach, but when I called out a vendor and asked the forum a question of "should I be pissed or get over it?" the vendor contacted me directly to resolve the issues and stop the negative press.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 914 Likes on 450 Posts

After this amount of time I don't see what is wrong with calling them out. Sadly, if that's what it takes, that's their problem/loss. There is NO EXCUSE for service like this.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

I hear you... But, why would it even have to come to this?

i have waited and waited for thr vendor to respond to me privatly!!

I have now went as far to post this without names!! Hopeing that I would get some response from them, and keep them in the clear as to who they are!!

How long would you wait? days/weeks/months?

An I by no means want it this way!! I was hopeing to have them install, or at least help a local place with tunning after!!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Originally Posted by DocAcumen
I hear you... But, why would it even have to come to this?

i have waited and waited for thr vendor to respond to me privatly!!

I have now went as far to post this without names!! Hopeing that I would get some response from them, and keep them in the clear as to who they are!!

How long would you wait? days/weeks/months?

An I by no means want it this way!! I was hopeing to have them install, or at least help a local place with tunning after!!
Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the applicable Forum Rule. As an added effort, I would contact a mod and get their help and take it from there:

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,231 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

First, best to follow the guidelines mentioned above. Sounds like you have done the off line stuff.

Are the pieces you want available somewhere else? If so, and you paid by credit card, just cancel the remainder of your order and go to another vendor that will hopefully give you better service.

Good luck getting this resolved.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:52 PM
WayFastVette
Racer

Bashing and negativity will get you nothing but more pi$$ed and the vendor Pi$$ed.

If you paid by credit card call them (your credit card company) and do a charge back, at least you can get your money back for what you haven't received. This should **** them off

Good luck!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
c3andc5
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You know what! As a Corvette enthusiast, I use this forum as an excellent source of information . All types of information, including vendor information. If you fellow Corvette enthusiasts have good or bad feedback concerning a vendor, then I would like to hear it. What is this desire to protect a vendor's feelings or not getting him "pi$$ed"? Should we only discuss (name) the good vendors on this forum? The Corvette aftermarket business is a big business and that's good for us because it forces competition. As a consumer I like that and I want to know when a vendor isn't playing well with the people who keep them alive.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 914 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by c3andc5
You know what! As a Corvette enthusiast, I use this forum as an excellent source of information . All types of information, including vendor information. If you fellow Corvette enthusiasts have good or bad feedback concerning a vendor, then I would like to hear it. What is this desire to protect a vendor's feelings or not getting him "pi$$ed"? Should we only discuss (name) the good vendors on this forum? The Corvette aftermarket business is a big business and that's good for us because it forces competition. As a consumer I like that and I want to know when a vendor isn't playing well with the people who keep them alive.

While there are always two sides to every story, it seems like the original poster has been more than patient. Just like all of the opinions expressed here, you have to draw your own conclusions from these posts. I feel sometimes we go overboard "protecting" a vendor.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM
jon c
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3andc5

While there are always two sides to every story, it seems like the original poster has been more than patient. Just like all of the opinions expressed here, you have to draw your own conclusions from these posts. I feel sometimes we go overboard "protecting" a vendor.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

Guys, I am giving them one more chance to at least reply to me in private, before I do anything else. I have sent another E~Mail there way. We will see if it gets any response or not.
(Yes by E~Mail, as I know many would say pick up a phone. I personally don't like phones to start with, and have reasons for doing it this way.)

1st: I placed the order over the internet. AKA they do business this way so I would think they can/should monitor and reply in a timely manner the same way. Am I wrong?

2nd: I tend to get a bit nasty when talking to someone and I am unhappy about something like this. I can hold my tongue better in an E~Mail as opposed to a phone conversation. Trying to be civil and all you know? LOL!

I did mention this time that I have asked here as what I should do.
I made it clear that I have not mentioned any names, nor do I care to.

I see know reason to do so if all works out? I by no means choose to slander/cause grief to a vendor! This is not the first time I have purchased from them, it is the 2nd. I did have some issues the first time, but that was cleared up in a timely manner.

I will not give out the Vendors name at this time. Even to the ones that have PMd me about it. I do not choose to burn bridges!

If A MOD so chooses to PM me about this, I might give it out to them? But, I at this point am not going to contact them. That may be my next step if I get no reply again from said vendor..

Thanks to all for your input..

Last edited by DocAcumen; 12-01-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Just a suggestion.... This situation, I agree, is out of hand. However, the vendor, is nothing more than a middleman in the transaction. As much as they should keep adequate supplies on hand, many times they don't. Assuming that they are doing nothing more than selling a product that someone else manufactured, you could contact the manufacturer, and verify if there is indeed a "backorder" situation.

This will accomplish two things. First, you'll know if the vendor is telling you the truth. Secondly, if word gets back to the vendor that you've been checking up on them, it can put a little pressure on them to step up and deliver...especially if the part manufacturer encourages them to do this, so the manufacturer's reputation isn't dragged through the mud.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:50 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Just a suggestion.... This situation, I agree, is out of hand. However, the vendor, is nothing more than a middleman in the transaction. As much as they should keep adequate supplies on hand, many times they don't. Assuming that they are doing nothing more than selling a product that someone else manufactured, you could contact the manufacturer, and verify if there is indeed a "backorder" situation.

This will accomplish two things. First, you'll know if the vendor is telling you the truth. Secondly, if word gets back to the vendor that you've been checking up on them, it can put a little pressure on them to step up and deliver...especially if the part manufacturer encourages them to do this, so the manufacturer's reputation isn't dragged through the mud.

I hear you on the middle man thing. So let us expand on it.

Items missing....

1) Comp 7.4 pushrods. Never was told there was any issues with this item. AKA Backorder. I just have never seen them in anyway! How much of a backorder could there be on them any how?

2) ARP Head Bolts. I was told there was a backorder on these? Why that would be I have no clue. I was sent a tracking# on this item. It is the item I mentioned earlier, and stated that the # led me to contact shipper. As I stated I did that. I was told at first I did not order them. After I pointed out a few things, AKA my bill, order # and what agreement we had for this, ( it was 2 items that I had an agreement with them on) a cheaper price as I asked for a price match. At that point I was told they would check on the bolts. COOL! right? Well, that has been weeks ago! No reply about it! Even after I contacted them a few times. ????????????????????????????????

3) This was a Nick Williams throttle body. I was asked if I would like a LS2 throttle body instead, as the NW's one was on backorder. I replied no! I can wait on the NW's one that I ordered. They then send me the LS2 anyway. I contact them and ask why? I was told that they had tried to contact me with no luck, and sent it????? NO LUCK HUH!! I replied to them just as stated above!!!!!!! Anyway they said send it back, and we will get you the NW's when we have it. Fine I say, and do as told. Along with the return, (that I paid shipping on by the way!) I included a letter.

LETTER!!!! (minus a few details to hide them and myself)

I am returning the LS2 Throttle Body, per your instructions the last time we spoke. I had ordered the Nick Williams Throttle Body.
As I understand that is on back order, and I prefer to wait for it. I hope that you can update me on the time frame for this, as you know more yourself.

At this time, I have yet to receive the push rods, which as I was told before placing my order come with the package deal.

I also have yet to get the ARP head bolts. This was an add on that I paid for. I was sent a tracking # on this, but it leads nowhere. We also spoke about that, and you said you were contacting UPS about it.

At the time that I am writing this, and upon return of the LS2 Throttle Body, which you will receive with this letter, that leaves the fallowing.

Waiting On:
Comp 7.4 pushrods
ARP Head Bolts
Nick Williams 90mm Throttle Body

Please advise me as to the status of my order as you can.

SO!! It goes on and on! What have I done wrong? I thought I was being polite? Maybe not? I don't know at this point....

The more this thread goes on, the more I get PISSED!! AS I should IMO!!???
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I can't offer any suggestion on the throttle body, but I would suggest cancelling the order on the ARP and COMP parts, and contact Jeg's or Summit Racing.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:22 AM
DocAcumen
Instructor

Just want to update this....

As I did get a vist from the Brown Truck today.
I got the ARP hardware and the Pusrods.

That was the main items I was looking for a resolve on.
The TB I was told before that I was looking at Christmas time before it would be avaliable.

So the VENDOR has came through. I am sorry that I went this route with it. I was just at wits end on what to do. I can only guess that I slipped through the cracks of a busy Vendor. It can happen!

Thanks go out to the vendor, they know who they are! And to all who gave there thoughts on this..

Get notified of new replies

To Riddle me This....

Quick Reply: Riddle me This....