Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC-Z2! What colors are the buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:41 AM
C5R UZR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pioneer AVIC-Z2! What colors are the buttons?

I'm hoping waiting for the new model will pay off. I just searched and found that the new Z2 series has been showcased and is due for release in April! It has the ability to learn which roads/routes you take and adjust accordingly.
My interior is blue/red LED. Please tell me they dropped the green from the lineup! I want a blue/red backlighting!
Thanks
Steven

Pioneer's AVIC-Z2 Incorporates New Point Addressing Technology

LAS VEGAS, CES Booth #9827 January 7, 2007

Pioneer Electronics USA Inc. sets a new standard in navigation technology with its AVIC-Z2 in-car navigation system using new point addressing technology and a newly released map database from Tele Atlas for a navigation experience unlike any other product currently available in the market. As the flagship aftermarket product for Pioneer, the AVIC-Z2 offers entertainment options including excellent audio and video quality: an easy-to-use graphic interface, voice interactivity, and connectivity to other devices including iPod® music players and Bluetooth® enabled cell phones.

“In 2006, we introduced the AVIC-Z1 utilizing a robust built-in hard disc drive that enabled more innovative features to be added such as enhanced voice recognition, smart routing and learning capability. This year the hard disc drive on the AVIC-Z2 allows us to include the point addressing which will dramatically enhance navigation accuracy,” said Karen Rubin, director of marketing and product planning for navigation products at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

The AVIC-Z2 system is the first to use the newly released Tele Atlas MultiNetä database, which delivers fresh, rich and comprehensive digital maps of North America. The new database includes detailed addressing data for 45 million addresses in the United States, which results in the AVIC-Z2's ability to route users much closer to the physical address locations and/or points of interest destinations.

“Pioneer is an industry leader in advanced and innovative technologies, and we’re pleased to provide our new Tele Atlas database for their most advanced navigation system,” said Jonathon Husby, director, automotive market, Tele Atlas. “We believe in the value of detailed addressing and accurate road network data to ensure drivers can find precisely what they are looking for and get there in the quickest possible way. The AVIC-Z2 will set the standard for other hard drive based navigation systems.”

Navigation Information:
The AVIC-Z2 employs the most advanced navigation functions to date offering drivers dynamic route guidance, detailed mapping and valuable road information that cross the entire United States and Canada. With its large hard drive storage capacity, the system stores the entire Tele Atlas database, including nearly 12 million points of interest (POI), searchable in 341 different categories.

Learning capability – The AVIC-Z2 “learns” frequently traveled roads by the driver and incorporates these preferences into suggested routes when applicable.
Smart routing algorithm – In addition to road type and distance, the system analyzes additional road data such as posted speed limits and the number of turns to reach the destination for a more optimized result of time to destination and estimated time of arrival.
Lane Information – Available in 50 markets, the system advises the driver of the proper driving lane they should be in for passage through interchanges and exits.
Traffic Information – Utilizing XM NavTrafficÒ service (GEX-P10XMT and subscription required), detailed traffic events and traffic flow data information is available in 44 major metropolitan markets. The system graphically communicates traffic incidents by means of traffic icons and traffic flow utilizing green, yellow and red lines/icons to indicate speed (green at 40+ mph, yellow from 20-40 mph and red at less than 20 mph).
3D Landmarks – Landmarks such as sports arenas, zoos, golf courses and airports will be visible via a 3D icon on the map, allowing drivers to recognize their current location to the landmark more easily.
Detailed city maps – A total of 60 cities are covered in detail making it easy to identify the road and surrounding areas in its exact form presenting buildings, road islands, parks, city blocks, etc., helping to visually identify complex areas to the driver.
Brand Icons – The system features 59 brand icons that can be overlaid onto the map, which are particularly helpful when driving in unfamiliar areas. Easy-to-recognize brand icons are used to identify hotels, restaurants, banks, gas stations and even specific chain store locations such as Chili’s®, Olive Garden®, 76® and Albertsons®.
Convenience and Safety Features:
The AVIC-Z2 includes hands-free features that are ideal for use while the vehicle is moving.

Advanced Voice Recognition – The system’s voice command features were engineered to be simple and easy to use, employing “conversational” commands to perform navigation, audio video and attachment functions. Full address searches can be done by verbally providing the city name, street name and house number. Voice commands for audio sources and other attachments like Bluetooth phones are just as easy.
Enhanced Voice Guidance – An advanced Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine and expanded Tele Atlas phoneme data enable the AVIC-Z2 to verbalize street names as they would be pronounced to the driver. The system warns the driver ahead by announcing the command and street name, e.g., “turn right on Main Street,” instead of simply saying “turn right ahead.”
Bluetooth Capability – Integration with Bluetooth enabled cellular phones (optional ND-BT1 adapter required) allows hands-free operation using the vehicle’s speaker system. The AVIC-Z2 will automatically mute the audio for incoming or outgoing calls. A phone book can be stored in the system and accessed by voice or through its touch screen display. For added convenience, the user can access the phone numbers associated with the POI database allowing them to call as they’re guided to the location.
Touch Screen – The system features a high-resolution 7-inch touch screen display for quick access to navigation functions and audio video sources.
Audio and Video Entertainment
Along with navigation information, the AVIC-Z2 provides supreme quality audio and video entertainment with the ability to add attachments including XM® and SIRIUS® Satellite Radio, iPod adapter, CD changer and TV tuners for rear seat entertainment.

Music Library – 10-gigabyte of hard drive space is allocated for creating a music library, permitting the user to listen to music while simultaneously ripping and storing it as part of the music collection at 4 times speed. The built-in Gracenote CDDBä Music Recognition Service automatically associates information to downloaded music content including the artist name, song title, genre and album title. The music library content can be accessed through voice recognition by saying the artist name, song title, genre, or album title.
DVD video playback – The system plays DVD video and DVD-R/RW discs for rear seat passengers while the driver and front passenger listen to AM/FM/XM/SIRIUS satellite radio or other external sources.
CD/MP3 – The versatile CD/DVD drive provides playback of CDs with MP3 audio files. File information attached to the music is all displayed on the touch screen with multi-line display.
Enhanced iPod Capability – Complete control of an iPod device can be done using Pioneer’s optional CD-IB100II adapter. The AVIC-Z2 displays iPod information including music folders on its touch panel display for each selection by the driver or front seat passenger.
The AVIC-Z2 fits in most double DIN in-dash openings and includes a motorized front panel display, two-way crossover, three sets of RCA outputs, Supertuner IIID, Easy EQ and MOSFET50 X 4 amplifier.

The AVIC-Z2 has a suggested price of $2200 and will arrive at retailers in April 2007.

About Tele Atlas
Tele Atlas delivers the digital maps and dynamic content that power some of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services. The information is the foundation for a wide range of personal and in-car navigation systems and mobile and Internet map applications that help users find the people, places, products and services they need, wherever they are. Tele Atlas also works with business partners that deliver critical applications for emergency, business, fleet and infrastructure services. Founded in 1984, the company provides maps covering 54 countries around the world. Tele Atlas has approximately 2,300 full-time staff and contract cartographers at offices in 20 countries and uses a sophisticated network of professional drivers, mobile mapping vans and more than 50,000 data resources to continually update its maps. Tele Atlas is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (TA6) and on Euronext Amsterdam (TA). For more information, visit www.teleatlas.com.

About Pioneer
Pioneer’s Mobile Entertainment Division is known for offering the kind of in-car products that make driving more enjoyable by offering high quality audio and video, advanced connectivity and ease-of-use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and sound competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including Blu-ray Disc and DVD, display technologies, navigation and Digital Network Entertainment.™

PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IPOD is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
XM is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.
XM NavTraffic is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio Inc.
SIRIUS is a registered trademark of SIRIUS Satellite Radio Inc.
NAVTEQ is a trademark of NAVTEQ Corporation.
Tele Atlas is a trademark of Tele Atlas NV

*The optional traffic tuner, GEX-P10XMT data and audio receiver, offers both the XM NavTraffic service and XM Satellite Radio’s more than 170 digital radio channels of commercial-free music and premier sports, news, talk, and entertainment programming. The subscription price will be $16.94 a month for a bundled offering of XM NavTraffic and XM Radio.

Last edited by C5R UZR; 01-29-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

the z1 are blue, so i guess the z2 would be the same since its just a software upgrade over the z1.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

i was looking into a Z1, but saw the new D3 coming out in the next month or two. you should check it out, its about HALF the price of the Z1. its navi and DVD. you are able to customize the buttons and screens to a bunch of different color combinations. im guessing the Z2 will have the same option to change the colors.

Last edited by C5 KIDD; 01-29-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
gincledon
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The avic-z1 will not fit the Corvette because the Z1 is a double din size and the Corvette has the 1.5 din hole in the panel. I just took out a avic-d2 because I did not like it and found it very hard to use. I was worried that I would have a accident tring to tune it.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

with modification the z1 will fit, i have the d1 in my vette and the z1 in my truck. the z1 is probably one of the coolest nav radios i have used to date.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 KIDD
i was looking into a Z1, but saw the new D3 coming out in the next month or two. you should check it out, its about HALF the price of the Z1. its navi and DVD. you are able to customize the buttons and screens to a bunch of different color combinations. im guessing the Z2 will have the same option to change the colors.
Having an internal HD for music storage is a moot point if you prefer to use an IPod (which will also have far greater capacity). So the D3 looks like an awesome product. I want to see one first, and if it has a transreflective screen and auto volume leveling (both musts for my vert), then I'm going to jump into one before the summer. I have an Eclipse 5495 with a 30 gig internal drive, and I think it's generally a PIA in terms of the CD ripping and subsequent playback.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
C5R UZR
Pro

I may look into the D3, but I really like how the Z2 picks up frequently used roads and remembers them in the future. I confirmed with Pioneer that the buttons will be blue. I wish they would have the D3 color-changing option though. And I don't know if they will have some green like most Pioneer's.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer AVIC-Z2! What colors are the buttons?

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-Z2! What colors are the buttons?