Sponsored by:

Dimensions for GS fender stripes

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Mach2
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Dimensions for GS fender stripes

Just received the GS fender stripes from CorvetteStripes.com. There is no instruction sheet with the proper placement of these stripes. On their site there's instructions for some stripes, but not for GS fender stripes. Does anyone know where I could find the proper placement, or some dimensions, so I can get them on correctly. :o

Thanks
Mick
Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

For dimension, there's actually no dimension. Different people got diff. tatse. You just put one on your car, step away to see if you like the position and then adjust it. It is wet application so you got about 5 minutes to move around. When you like the position, start squeezing it and make it permanently stays there. Right after squeeze the stripes, if you don't like it, you can peel it up and can be reapply it again.
Make sure to clean up the area where the stripes will bend around
inside the fender.
Any more question, please just let me know.
Thanks,

-Mike
Old 03-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Mach2
Drifting

Ok Mike, thanks. Looks like the center of the forward diagonal stripe, I'll use the two different widths, is centered on the LF wheel well.

I'll see how it looks during application and get them where I want, then squeeqe them down.

Thanks
Mick
Old 03-03-2007, 11:32 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by Mach2
Ok Mike, thanks. Looks like the center of the forward diagonal stripe, I'll use the two different widths, is centered on the LF wheel well.

I'll see how it looks during application and get them where I want, then squeeqe them down.

Thanks
Mick
Yep ... I now include 3 pieces in the kit, 2 of of the same width and another wider so you can sellect 2 same width stripes or one smaller and one bigger fender stripes.
And at the end, if you mess up, let me know and I'll send you the replacement at cost or free plus shipping.

-Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,289 Likes on 13,964 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Here are the dimensions I used when I installed the GS fender stripes on my car.

My stripes are both 3" wide (didn't care for the look of the stripes that had one wider than the other) and had them made from a local auto detailing and pinstripping shop. As Mike76002 states, he offers a kit that has two the same size and one larger just in case you like the staggered sizes.

As far as placement of the stripes goes, the forward one begins 6" from the top, forward edge of the fender (by the rear edge of the headlight housing) and there is a 3/4" space between the stripes. I couldn't tell you exactly what angle they are placed at, but all I did was place the stripes on the car before the backing paper was removed and then used pieces of masking tape to remember where the stripes should go. Of course, they should be placed on an angle, front to rear, to look like the 96 GS stripes. Also, the installer made sure that the stripes were cut long enough to tuck under the weatherstrip that is directly under the hood and also to tuck up under the wheel well. He did not want any edges to get frayed when cleaning the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Mach2
Drifting

Thanks again Mike, and a BIG...........BIG thanks to JDs00PewterCoupe for the dimensions.

Mick

Get notified of new replies

To Dimensions for GS fender stripes

Quick Reply: Dimensions for GS fender stripes