Sponsored by:

Girls and Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:00 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girls and Corvettes

Hello all... I'm 25 male and single. I'm wondering how many here have met the girl of their dreams b/c of the corvette? Or is it more of a problem b/c you worry about them just being with you for the car? I'd like to find a great girl and I just can't see a girl wanting to be with a guy just for the car. I'm curious as to your all's thoughts and opinions on this...

And on a side note if any of you have single daughters let me know. hehe
Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Nope

My wife of 31 years asked "What have you done" when I came home looking sheepish after buying the Vert.

It does turn lots of heads in England. Not too many red verts in this neck of the woods. Sadly, I'm "mature" enough to realize that its the car they're lookin at

My daughter is indeed young pretty and single

But she lives in London
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

Haha, so you bought yours w/o her knowing? nice. And very nice on the daughter...a little too far for me though
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ive been with both types of girls. The ones that go out with me because of the car, I use them in return.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Silent E
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

Well I am 20/f...and I met a great guy at a vette track rental almost a year ago He runs a Zo6, whereas I've got a coupe. So yeah, I am using him as a 'status boost'

The vette gets me lots of girls. At school, they leave their numbers under the wipers, but seem to lose interest once I call
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
skylark
Racer

And on a side note if any of you have single daughters let me know. hehe[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem ! I have a lifted 2000 powerstroke ford and some girls like big trucks . I've also got the vette . The car I take on a first date ? My dad's 97 saturn . I'm not a flashy person and i'm nowhere near as sexy as my car , so if I get them in the saturn and we have a good time then I will consider on of mine for the next date .
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Blowtorch
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockyF150
Hello all... I'm 25 male and single. I'm wondering how many here have met the girl of their dreams b/c of the corvette? Or is it more of a problem b/c you worry about them just being with you for the car? I'd like to find a great girl and I just can't see a girl wanting to be with a guy just for the car. I'm curious as to your all's thoughts and opinions on this...

You don't know much about relationships do you?

To be honest, the two topics shouldn't even go together. I have actually found many women shy away from car guys because (A) they don't want to have to compete with the car for attention and (B) most believe guys who use their car to attract a woman are shallow, self centered, materialistic losers.

If a girl wants to be with me just for my car, then she is the female version of item (B) above

Last edited by Blowtorch; 04-15-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skylark

I have the same problem ! I have a lifted 2000 powerstroke ford and some girls like big trucks . I've also got the vette . The car I take on a first date ? My dad's 97 saturn . I'm not a flashy person and i'm nowhere near as sexy as my car , so if I get them in the saturn and we have a good time then I will consider on of mine for the next date .[/QUOTE]

Yeh I have a lifted f150. It's my dd and I consider it a great date vehicle with the bench seat. But word spreads fast about guys with corvettes. Atleast with the car crowd I hang with.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:19 PM
DBL001
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown's Darkest
Well I am 20/f...and I met a great guy at a vette track rental almost a year ago He runs a Zo6, whereas I've got a coupe. So yeah, I am using him as a 'status boost'

The vette gets me lots of girls. At school, they leave their numbers under the wipers, but seem to lose interest once I call

Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

My GF doesnt know much about cars at all which I like because I dont want someone who like just my car. And it also helps that when I buy all these parts she has no clue what it is and how much I am spending on my car and not on her haha On a serious note though, I am usually pretty good at seeing through people and what their true intentions are so that helps some.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
DBL001
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowtorch
You don't know much about relationships do you?

To be honest, the two topics shouldn't even go together. I have actually found many women shy away from car guys because (A) they don't want to have to compete with the car for attention and (B) most believe guys who use their car to attract a woman are shallow, self centered, materialistic losers.

If a girl wants to be with me just for my car, then she is the female version of item (B) above

winner by TKO
Old 04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
RockyF150
Burning Brakes

it's true it's true. never been in the relationship department too much. I've done the dating thing a lot. But I haven't had much oppertunitys to meet new girls. I don't party or drink so I don't hang out at clubs. Not much of a dancer either. My college life were basically all guy tech schools (wyo tech). And now I work full time w/ 3 other people. So no one there.

Look out girls. Single geek with a corvette
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM
B-rent
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Im 20 and single, the vette does help get me some other the other girls here at college, but usually they get to know me first and then find out what kinda of car I drive. So they like me for me first and thats what matters.....Plus im not looking for anything serious so it helps with the one nighters
Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM
mikefd
Advanced

When I met my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, she was oblivious to vettes...had no idea what one costs or how much the mods go for....over time, she fell in love with me first and then the car.....

A few weeks ago I let her know that I bought us a very special present that we would enjoy together all summer long......I played this up for over a week...she thought it was a boat and she begged me to tell her what I bought us.......well, when we arrived at CT corvette, which btw is located in back of a boat dealership, she thought she was right.....but when we pulled in and there was my vert with the new American Racing headers installed.....lets just say she was a tad disappointed a new coach bag later, she was much happier!

Now that were talking about marriage and thinking about a supercharger for the vette, the larger the size of the engagement ring she expects

Mike
Old 04-15-2007, 01:44 PM
z06Bigbird
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you asked. My daughter has a really really neat personality. Her hobbies are going to weight watchers; actually she has been a really loyal member there for about 10 or 15 years.

She is 33 years old, and when I asked her why she hasn't married, she told me she is saving herself for a guy like you.

She is actually a very simple person. She is also very hard working. Each year for the past 10 years, she has taken a GED course, and one day she aspires to getting her GED.

Once she acquires the GED, she feels she will get a good job. She has always wanted to become a pin setter at the local bowling alley, but she is a little bit afraid of getting stuck in the machinery. She previously got stuck in it, but EMS freed her up each time.

Some more good news. Today she told me that has been saving her pennies for her wedding, and that she has $35. Once she buys her wedding dress at the KMart outlet, she feels she will have $25 or $30 left.

I tried to sneak some pictures of her, but camera kept breaking.

Let me know.

Ed
Old 04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
B-rent
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by z06Bigbird
Glad you asked. My daughter has a really really neat personality. Her hobbies are going to weight watchers; actually she has been a really loyal member there for about 10 or 15 years.

She is 33 years old, and when I asked her why she hasn't married, she told me she is saving herself for a guy like you.

She is actually a very simple person. She is also very hard working. Each year for the past 10 years, she has taken a GED course, and one day she aspires to getting her GED.

Once she acquires the GED, she feels she will get a good job. She has always wanted to become a pin setter at the local bowling alley, but she is a little bit afraid of getting stuck in the machinery. She previously got stuck in it, but EMS freed her up each time.

Some more good news. Today she told me that has been saving her pennies for her wedding, and that she has $35. Once she buys her wedding dress at the KMart outlet, she feels she will have $25 or $30 left.

I tried to sneak some pictures of her, but camera kept breaking.

Let me know.

Ed
Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For memebers that have daughters that are legal age,

Get notified of new replies

To Girls and Corvettes

Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 PM
JLA
Drifting

I have 2 Vettes and I'm STILL friggin' married!!!!!....So....apparently, it does not help.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Ward1
Pro

I was single with my 1st vette. The car is good for a ice breaker but all in all women don't really care.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want a woman because she likes your car... you need to find other women. Personally, I would have rather picked up women in a old beat up datsun 280Z with rust down the side. At least that way, I knew they were interested in just me.

Now that I'm married, I could care less about what kind of attention I get in the car. But just so you know, of the attention and waves I DO get, its usually from kids, old men and other vette owners.

Who are you trying to attract again?

Quick Reply: Girls and Corvettes