Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for the Great Repair Thread from Bakersfield!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Bob Lapine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the Great Repair Thread from Bakersfield!

I just finished repairing my passenger "Auto-Lock, & Auto-Unlock" on my 02 Vert! A month ago I asked the Forum how to repair this problem, and I got a reply from "Bakersfield" along with photos and a written repair description. I followed his advice to a "T", even got 4 relays from Digi-King and I found a master electronic tech who only charged me $20.00 to un-solder, then re-solder the relays back into the circuit board. To all who have this door lock or window problem this is an unbelieveable repair and I must Thank Bakersfield again, you saved me $225.00 on this repair. I finished it last night, its all buttoned up and it works great. Thanks again Bakersfield.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

its a great How To Glad you fixed the problem

Its members like Bakersfield that take the time out to write things up that makes this such a great Forum

I must order one of those relays sometime. i suspect its only a matter of time before my other one fails

Old 04-17-2007, 06:00 PM
BATM4N
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Lapine
I just finished repairing my passenger "Auto-Lock, & Auto-Unlock" on my 02 Vert! A month ago I asked the Forum how to repair this problem, and I got a reply from "Bakersfield" along with photos and a written repair description. I must Thank Bakersfield again, you saved me $225.00 on this repair. I finished it last night, its all buttoned up and it works great.
to the Forum and to Bakersfield. It's guy like this that make this such a great place to hang out.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Bakersfield
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:o Thanks guys. I am so glad to hear the good reports from you guys who aren't afraid to tackle something new. Bob, that was a good idea to find someone to do the soldering for you. I am still waiting for the non-working door control module I bought to arrive so I can remove the window relay and locate a replacement part. But FYI, most of the time the problem is not the relay but the motor/regulator sticking. It's so nice to be appreciated....

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks for the Great Repair Thread from Bakersfield!

Quick Reply: Thanks for the Great Repair Thread from Bakersfield!