Sponsored by:

Performance Design Specialties, Florience, Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
brian ns04
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Design Specialties, Florience, Kentucky

Has anyone heard of these guys and if so do you have any contact info ? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you know how to do an internet search? Type in "Performance Design Specialties" and you'll find it the very first item on the menu...clicking on their link resulted in server not found...but, clicking on "cached" and you'll find contact information. Their website is under construction.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
brian ns04
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
Do you know how to do an internet search? Type in "Performance Design Specialties" and you'll find it the very first item on the menu...clicking on their link resulted in server not found...but, clicking on "cached" and you'll find contact information. Their website is under construction.
Yes I do thank you very much. But that info is of no use. The number they give is no longer in service. But I appreciate your help.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
Do you know how to do an internet search?
do you know how to help a fellow Corvette enthusiast out ???

The reason why he's not having any luck contacting them is because the last reported news I read was that they may be out of business.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
WayFastVette
Racer

BEWARE!!!! Many forum members have had major issues with them a couple of years ago. Last I heard they skipped town with a bunch of money that did not belong to them.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

The reason why he's not having any luck contacting them is because the last reported news I read was that they may be out of business.
...and how would I have known that based on his question? I gave him the directions to find the contact information for the company. Providing a link wasn't possible because I couldn't connect with the server. I've never heard of the business. How would I have known they're out of business or bad news to deal with?
Now that I know the situation, might I suggest the poster inquire with the KY city/county department that handles business licenses in that KY city/county. He might also contact the local KY BBB to see if there's any record of previous complaints or agents of record who have responded to complaints. He might also contact the KY Secretary of State to see if their business license has a forwarding address or agents of record for the company. From the physical address, there may be final utility billings that have been forwarded to an agent of the company. It's all public record information.

Last edited by hotwheels57; 03-06-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
4THTOY
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beware, they usually try to sell on Ebay, I paid for an item after talking with them that he had it in stock, I paid, and never got it, 6 weeks later his wife writes me to say her husband is ill and she will send it to me and it never arrives, can't trust them
Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey MIke...did you post this info regarding this vendor so the rest of us don't look like fools trying to help our brothers?

This is why I am shy when it comes to trying to help another member, I mean I only have what limited information I have available and never pretend to know all, see all and read all. I hate being publically chastized when the intention was honorable in the beginning. Man....I really have to rethink this thing about "helping" on this forum. Being called out in public man....somethings need to be done with a PM...
I know I wouldn't do that to you......but hey....I have always taken the high road when possible. Just a thought
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
TNT C5
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Wouldn't that be great! This guy is really bad news!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Got my manifold cover from them and am still happy with it, but that was years ago. I heard too that they were out of business.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
dh305
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Many people, including myself have been cheated, lied to, and made to wait outragreous amounts of time for responses. After screwing you he will turn and say it is all your fault. He has used the "Family emergency, I was ill, etc. many times over the last three years or so. He was thrown off the forum the very first day he went on it for being rude, etc. He never takes responsibility for anything and if you do a search just on the forum you will find many stories of his deceipt, lies, terrible customer treatment. He has stolen money from many vendors as well as customers. Of course he will never admit it. He threatened to sue me after I got my refund. He is a joke. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this AS_H__E!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 PM
TNT C5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Z06RL
Got my manifold cover from them and am still happy with it, but that was years ago. I heard too that they were out of business.
Design Specialties made all of the chrome parts underhood on my car but they were not the same as Performance Design Specialties. The later was put together by the infamous Chuck Mars after DS went out of business. He had the same designs but not the same business ethics.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by TNT C5
Design Specialties made all of the chrome parts underhood on my car but they were not the same as Performance Design Specialties. The later was put together by the infamous Chuck Mars after DS went out of business. He had the same designs but not the same business ethics.

Design Specialties are the ones who did my cover, but I though PDS was the same business. Interesting.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Terry Depew
Heel & Toe

Default performance design specialties

I live very close to florence in northern kentucky and i have never heard of performance design specialties.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brian ns04
Has anyone heard of these guys and if so do you have any contact info ? Thanks in advance for the help.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT deal with that low life. I, along with many other people, have gotten burned by him. He even deals over ebay under different names.Luckily my credit card company helped me get my money back, but it took many many months. Stay away. The old Design Specialties was the premium company, but not with this jerk.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
brian ns04
Burning Brakes

I bought a air coupler from him on eBay in January and it has yet to arrive. I have a claim open with PayPal but I am not holding my breath. Stay far far away from this company.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azmusclecar
Man....I really have to rethink this thing about "helping" on this forum. Being called out in public man....somethings need to be done with a PM...
Mike's reaction was the same as mine -- that HW's response was more than a little demeaning. I've been on some forums where if you ask a question that was recently asked, you'll get flamed by 10 people telling you to search the forum before asking questions. I'm not saying HW meant the response to be demeaning, but that's certainly how it came out. I thought Mike's response was gracious, considering.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Design Specialties, Florience, Kentucky

Old 03-07-2007, 03:32 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Demeaning? I was trying to offer him some direction, but couldn't do so since the server couldn't be accessed. It was in no manner meant to be demeaning to anyone. Funny, the poster expressed his thanks for what I was able to offer.
No one else has provided the poster with any information on how to contact this company, only horror stories of dealing with the company. It's strange how some people manage to read hidden meaning into an internet reply.
Like I said, I've never heard of the company and had no knowledge of its reputation. My thinking was if I could provide a direction, then the poster might be able to get his information when the website was completed or the server could be found. Gracious?...more like jumping to conclusions w/o foundation!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, take a deep breath and calm down. This isn't a flame. I never accused you off intentionally berating him. I (and at least one other, although I'm certain there are more that agree but don't want to enter the fray) thought your response came across as overly harsh.

Do you know how to do an internet search?
Your first question... That's like asking someone "Do you know how to use a phone to call 411?" or "Do you know how to stick a key in the ignition and turn it?" or any other one of millions of examples of actions a caveman could do (no offense to our caveman members). If in hindsight, you don't see how that could seem to a reasonable person to be demeaning, then you're being obtuse.

I wasn't accusing you - I was defending Mike's response. An appropriate response from you in light of that would have been -- "I certainly didn't intend to seem demeaning, and if I did seem so, I apologize." Incidentally, the way I read Brian's "thanks" to you was one of sarcasm or perhaps one of guarded sincerity because he couldn't tell whether you were flaming him or not. Those were my intial reactions to your answer and his response. I have no agenda here. I'm not "manag[ing] to read hidden meaning." I clearly stated that I wasn't accusing you of any nefarious intent. Yet you seemed to viscerally react to my comments with continued sarcasm and antagonism.

The bottom line is, people interpret things differently, especially when written in email or on a forum. Hence, you may want to consider choosing your words more carefully. Had you said -- "Do a Google search, but don't click on the link, rather click on the cache..." that would have been just as instructive without the denigrating overtone.

Cheers,
Vaughn
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer
Mike's reaction was the same as mine -- that HW's response was more than a little demeaning. I've been on some forums where if you ask a question that was recently asked, you'll get flamed by 10 people telling you to search the forum before asking questions. I'm not saying HW meant the response to be demeaning, but that's certainly how it came out. I thought Mike's response was gracious, considering.
I guess common courtesy was taught one day in school and maybe a lot of members were absent? Thus the flaming! Just an assumption, not an accusation. I won't ask about manners and being a gentleman. I'm not thin skinned either. I guess I had more respect for M/M having dealt with him on a private issue regarding reprogramming after a gear swap. Maybe I was wrong. I can admit that publically. I guess I just would have handled it differently. I have no axe to grind here, only an observation regarding respect. Maybe I am just OLD SCHOOL when it comes to this, and yes I know I'm a dinasaur and I too shall pass and take my antiquated morals with me to the grave. Now, let's get on with life shall we?

Quick Reply: Performance Design Specialties, Florience, Kentucky