Sponsored by:

BPU Supra vs 04 Stock Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
BoostedSupra805
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BPU Supra vs 04 Stock Corvette

One of your fellow members, (Mr. Couture) thinks that a stock 04 vette can beat a BPU toyota supra from a roll. I know by posting this I will get the vette members who thinks a vette will never lose, but I would like some intelligent feedback to back up your case. Be reminded, he's the one that said Bpu supra vs Stock Vette, not I. So who do you think would win?

Bryan
Old 05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
zTrek
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BoostedSupra805
One of your fellow members, (Mr. Couture) thinks that a stock 04 vette can beat a BPU toyota supra from a roll. I know by posting this I will get the vette members who thinks a vette will never lose, but I would like some intelligent feedback to back up your case. Be reminded, he's the one that said Bpu supra vs Stock Vette, not I. So who do you think would win?

Bryan
Who cares?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 PM
BoostedSupra805
Intermediate

first off, the first idiot of the bunch, obviously you cared enough to read the post, then reply to it, there is nobody at your computer screen holding a gun to your head saying you have to read or reply. I hate dumb people...
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 PM
pala
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07

you joined , just for that,,lol
h.p. is free, you can stuff 800 h.p. in a pinto if you want..

but the corvette,,, screams sexxxxx.
no oto toy can compare
sorry ,,,vett wins
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

I think it would be a close race. The supra has more hp but the vette has more tq. Why all the posting ?? Go run em and find out
Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
BoostedSupra805
Intermediate

i already did, i ran my buddies stock vette with exhaust, against my bpu supra with 152k miles, and i easily pulled on him, yet he claims it was his transmission that hit the rev limiter twice, i just wanted to show him some answers from other corvette owners....corvettes are really nice cars, but from a roll a stock vette is unlikely of taking a bpu supra, if they both had decent drivers....correct?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

i already did, i ran my buddies stock vette with exhaust, against my bpu supra with 152k miles, and i easily pulled on him, yet he claims it was his transmission that hit the rev limiter twice, i just wanted to show him some answers from other corvette owners....corvettes are really nice cars, but from a roll a stock vette is unlikely of taking a bpu supra, if they both had decent drivers....correct?
I can't say for sure. I guess obviously it depends on the drivers skill and the shape both cars are in. I have a friend with a 93 red bpu and he says his car has about 430hp and my 03 Z06 is stock except for a tune and a cat back and I slowly pull him from a roll everytime we go. My z is getting a forged block, heads and blower cam and a novi blower at 15 psi soon so im looking for around 800-850rwhp, my boys gonna have to step his supra up soon if he still wants to play!! I do love supras though and have much respect for those cars. Just understand you are on a corvetteforum and most owners will take it as you looking to put down their own rides and praise the supras which just isnt gonna happen here. Bottom line is ANYTHING can be made fast for the right amount of money so just buy whatever car makes you happy and enjoy it !! Take care and be safe
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
BoostedSupra805
Intermediate

oh yeah i definately understand, i really do like corvettes and take nothing away from them in the slightest, and your friend with the red bpu might make 430rwhp on race gas, but on pump gas that's impossible, he'd blow the turbos up, on pump gas my bpu supra was around 340-350rwhp, at about 17-18psi, right now i have a single turbo supra pushing out about 550rwhp on pump, but yeah for the right amount of money anything can be made fast is correct, he's just very ignorant when it comes to cars, this same guy also said the new c6z06 top speed was 320mph, so take that into account
Old 05-25-2007, 10:27 PM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What is a bpu supra?

I'd give you an honest opinion if I knew the car. As has been said before, any car in it's own right can out perform another.

I've got a little chevy with a small block I'll run from a roll if you like.

just "run what you brung and hope you brung enough"
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 PM
zTrek
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I hate dumb people...
I hate arrogance...
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrazyandbroke
What is a bpu supra?
From a Supra source:

What does BPU™ stand for? (BPU™ is a trademark of SupraStore.com)

Basic Performance Upgrades. These modifications are: A full length three inch down-pipe (with or with-out high flow cats), 3” (75mm) or bigger cat-back exhaust system, raised boost (18psi), and the required boost cut eliminator (GReddy BCC) needed to achieve that boost without activating the factory fuel cut-off at 14-15psi. These are the modifications that have proven to provide the best HP-to-$$$ ratio.

What does the + mean when someone says BPU™+? And what is APU?

That stands for any additional power producing modifications other than the basic BPU™ modifications. One "+" refers to Adj. Cam Gears and under-drive pulleys, the second "+" refers to a Fuel controller, ECU upgrade, etc. For instance, a Supra with the BPU™ modifications, plus a front-mount intercooler, would be called BPU™+. If you added cam gears to that, it would be BPU™++, and so on. The "BPU™" term is used until you have an upgraded turbo(s). Then it is referred to as APU, advanced performance upgrades.

How much power will a car make at BPU™?

It varies from car-to-car, and the conditions as well as tuning. Most BPU™-only Supra Twin Turbos, dyno between 370 and 410 horsepower at the rear wheels. This is usually achieved with moderate temperatures, a reset ECU (to erase anything bad the ECU may have learned), and often a little bit of high-octane un-leaded race fuel. On the street, power will be reduced, especially in poor weather, but at least 90 percent of the power should be retained.

What kind of 1/4 mile ETs and trap speeds should it run at BPU™-only?

It varies WIDELY depending on driver skill. As well as track conditions, elevation above sea level, ambient temperatures, humidity, and pre-race preparation. But most fall between 12.3 to 12.9 ets with 112 to 119mph trap speeds on street tires. Times can drop well into the 11s with drag radials, a good driver, and good conditions, as well as proper pre-race preparation.

Awesome car.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:33 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

oh yeah i definately understand, i really do like corvettes and take nothing away from them in the slightest, and your friend with the red bpu might make 430rwhp on race gas, but on pump gas that's impossible, he'd blow the turbos up, on pump gas my bpu supra was around 340-350rwhp, at about 17-18psi, right now i have a single turbo supra pushing out about 550rwhp on pump, but yeah for the right amount of money anything can be made fast is correct, he's just very ignorant when it comes to cars, this same guy also said the new c6z06 top speed was 320mph, so take that into account

320mph LOL my new advice to you is choose your friends more wisely and make sure they have all their chromosomes.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:48 AM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

BPU Supra should win from a roll

Close race from a dig

Vette destroys Supra in braking/handling/cornering.

Oh yes, choose smarter first posts. Trolls don't last long here.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:02 AM
gpracer1
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
320mph LOL my new advice to you is choose your friends more wisely and make sure they have all their chromosomes.
Im going to *** ume that he meant 320 KPH which would be 200 MPH, which is just about right.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:16 AM
jbone
Pro

Bryan
Regardless of who would, could, should.......its still a supra at the end of the day

Comparing non stock cars to stock cars is a waste of time.

How about I compare on some supra forum a stock supra to one of the forum members 8 second vette ? That would be a fair race, correct?
I love how all of the internet racers depend on rwhp numbers. They dont mean anything when it comes 1/4 times. Its who gets down the track quicker not how much rwhp something has.

This new fad of "roll racing" is simply stupid.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

BPU Supra should be laying down over 100 RWHP MORE than a stock C5. Bye bye Vette from a roll. I ain't skeered to admit that. There's ALWAYS going to be someone/thing faster.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:49 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BQuicksilver
BPU Supra should win from a roll

Close race from a dig

Vette destroys Supra in braking/handling/cornering.

Oh yes, choose smarter first posts. Trolls don't last long here.
Actually supras handle very good and braking is not bad at all for a car that old nowadays. The TT supras managed a remarkable skidpad rating of 0.98 which is higher than all vettes except the z06 modells. However like someone else pointed out in the thread this new fad of "roll racing" is getting out of hand and comparing a stock car to a modded one is silly.

Get notified of new replies

To BPU Supra vs 04 Stock Corvette

Old 05-26-2007, 06:57 AM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
BPU Supra should be laying down over 100 RWHP MORE than a stock C5. Bye bye Vette from a roll. I ain't skeered to admit that. There's ALWAYS going to be someone/thing faster.
There are a lot of fast cars out there. Getting into these kinds of hypothetical bench-racing argument just pushes us car guys apart, whereas track days and all the fun associated with them are better ways to bring us together.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:58 AM
gpracer1
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Turbo cars love to "roll race" so they can drag the brakes and keep the turbos spooled up when its time to run.
I have a "BPU" vette. Honker and headers.
I raced a BPUish supra last weekend 4 times from a dig and roll. Beat him every time....but only by about 3 cars. Him against a C6 auto and they were even almost every time.

Last edited by gpracer1; 05-26-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 AM
RLYSLO
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I can't say I ever remember watching any NHRA drag races that started from a roll.

Quick Reply: BPU Supra vs 04 Stock Corvette