Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever Bought A Car From Rogers In Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:50 AM
JoaneWing
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever Bought A Car From Rogers In Orlando?

HELP! I am thinking of buying a vette from Rogers in Orlando, Fl. I would need to have the car shipped up to me. Has anyone ever purchased a car from them and were you satisfied? They have a great rep but who knows for sure. Thanks for helping! Joan
Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ive never bought one from them but he does have a great selection and usually all of them have low miles. He is very proud of them though. When I bought mine I looked at a '01 MY Coupe with 18,XXX miles on it and he wanted $38k for it, now this was back in '03. I loved the car but wasnt going to pay that much for it. I found the one I have now at a dealership, it was a '02 MY Coupe with 18,XXX miles and bought it for $32k. Thats basically my experience with Rogers. They dont negotiate prices either. So if you want a good clean car and dont mind getting over charged for it, then go for it.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my '01 from the folks across the street H & H Corvettes.

Both have exceptional vehicles, most of them under 10K mileage. You'll pay a premium for these and it depends on what you want, but for myself to pay a little extra for a near roll off the factory condition vehicle was worth it.

Which one are you considering?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
HERK
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my 2000 from him about a year and a half ago with 3000 miles on it.I love the car.Just remember you will have some oil leaks with these very low mileage cars.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I bought my car from Roger and I have a co-worker who is seriously considering doing the same. We were just over there last weekend. I was "helping" my buddy shop for his first Vette.

Roger has an impeccable reputation for honesty. If he says the car is right, it is right.

He also has a reputation as a guy who does not haggle over prices and may even get huffy if you try. This seems to bother some folks no end, and I think accounts for the "Roger sucks" posts you see sometimes. You will note that those posts are invariably from people who didn't buy from him, but just shopped there. I've never seen a complaint from a Roger's customer, although I suppose some must exist.

I don't think Roger's prices are a bit out of line for what he sells. His cars are generally quite a bit lower miles than competitors'. Still, if you can find the car you want at a better price elsewhere, go for it.

Another shop in a similar vein (C5/6 only) is Corvette Palace in Austin, Texas. Check their inventory as well.

If there is a particular car you have in mind at Roger's, I would be happy to go over and look at it for you. But not this week, as I will be on vacation.

As to leaks on low-mile cars, some do, some don't. Mine was 4 years old with 863 miles and did not leak a drop. Now it has 30k and still does not have a single leak.

Last edited by Gannet; 05-26-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
EscapePod
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my 2001 from him brand new in late 2000. He has a few new ones that he sells on consignment from a Chevy dealer. My window sticker actually says the car was purchased from the factory by Don Hall Chevrolet in Ashland, KY for "delivery" to Ron Hall GMC in Deland, FL. The car only had 9 miles on it when I bought it so I assume it got a lot of ride time on a truck.

Rogers was very fair to deal with. I got the loaded 2001 for less money than the deal I was working at a Chevy dealer on a less equipped order-out, and I got my asking price on the '93 coupe I had as a trade.

All in all, I'd say it was a much better experience than I'd ever had with a franchise Chevy dealer.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannet
I bought my car from Roger and I have a co-worker who is seriously considering doing the same. We were just over there last weekend. I was "helping" my buddy shop for his first Vette.

Roger has an impeccable reputation for honesty. If he says the car is right, it is right.

He also has a reputation as a guy who does not haggle over prices and may even get huffy if you try. This seems to bother some folks no end, and I think accounts for the "Roger sucks" posts you see sometimes. You will note that those posts are invariably from people who didn't buy from him, but just shopped there. I've never seen a complaint from a Roger's customer, although I suppose some must exist.

I don't think Roger's prices are a bit out of line for what he sells. His cars are generally quite a bit lower miles than competitors'. Still, if you can find the car you want at a better price elsewhere, go for it.

Another shop in a similar vein (C5/6 only) is Corvette Palace in Austin, Texas. Check their inventory as well.

If there is a particular car you have in mind at Roger's, I would be happy to go over and look at it for you. But not this week, as I will be on vacation.

As to leaks on low-mile cars, some do, some don't. Mine was 4 years old with 863 miles and did not leak a drop. Now it has 30k and still does not have a single leak.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:34 PM
coujac
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I bought my 2002 pewter coupe from Rogers after a friend of mine bought his 1999 from Roger. Excellent people to deal with and my girlfriend and I made a weekend trip out of it and had a great time driving the car home to Maryland!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM
docpat
Racer

You get what you pay for. I visited both Rogers and H&H across the street from them. Although I was ignored at Rogers and had to walk up to a salesman to get information, at H&H I was greeted and treated with respect and came away with a tremendous amount of respect for their knowledge of Vettes. Both had very high quality low milage cars for premium prices. Because I was looking for a daily driver, however, the premium for low mileage was not as much of a concern as I put on 12K per year. If you are looking for a weekend play car, it may well be worth the higher purchase price. I wound up buying a cherry condition 2003 with 24K from a Chevy dealer in Orlando. I was treated very well, given a fair price for my trade-in, bought the C5 for a legitimate price, was given a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty and would do it all over again. If you want more info about the dealer, PM me. Just be ware there is another dealer in the Orlando area that is poison.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Corvette SSX
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I always thought Rogers was a little over priced. Here's my example. There is a 2004 yellow vert with 3,450 miles listed on their web site right now. It is not as loaded as the 4,000 mile, yellow vert that I just bought yesterday. His is listed for $45,900. I paid, and this was just yesterday, $36,995. $9,000 difference. He may have good cars but there are other good cars out there for a whole lot less.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,054 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette SSX
I always thought Rogers was a little over priced. Here's my example. There is a 2004 yellow vert with 3,450 miles listed on their web site right now. It is not as loaded as the 4,000 mile, yellow vert that I just bought yesterday. His is listed for $45,900. I paid, and this was just yesterday, $36,995. $9,000 difference. He may have good cars but there are other good cars out there for a whole lot less.

Just last year I paid about $8,000 less for my '99 Coupe with 1,658 miles on than anything Rogers had that was comparable. It is true that Rogers sells high quality Corvettes with low mileage at a premium but think of the alternative. The amount of money you will save in tires, brakes, clutch, transmission work, interior replacement and paint work (and you will still have the miles) makes paying a premium worth while. However you can do some of the "leg work" yourself like me or Corvette SSX and find a low mileage C5 at a great price. I bought mine from a private owner. They are out there, just be patient.

But to answer your queation, although I never bought a Corvette from Rogers, I would feel safe in doing so because of their reputation. You should contact The Vette Net http://www.thevettenet.com/Default.aspx and talk to Ken or one of the reps there. They usually have nice low mileage Corvettes listed on their website at fair prices and you can trust them too. They are great people to deal with.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 PM
jayzze
Racer

Default rogers used cars

i have never brought a car from him but at all the local shows i here that he has very good cars with low milage but he is on the high side
in price with that good luck
Old 05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Jet-Jock
I bought my '01 from the folks across the street H & H Corvettes.

Both have exceptional vehicles, most of them under 10K mileage. You'll pay a premium for these and it depends on what you want, but for myself to pay a little extra for a near roll off the factory condition vehicle was worth it.

Which one are you considering?
I tried to buy a vette from rogers and the prices are very high They
were friendly but aloof ( you walk around the store for a while then
they come over and say hi get out of here) any way they told me
they dont put there cars up on the rack to check them and you
can only check-out their cars on the lot. You could not take it
to your mechanic. Plus they want to drive the car for the demo
and it was a auto! Well I could see why they like out of town buyers
they could control them better.
I ended up across the street at H&H totaly different feel. I liked
their inventory very low miles, they take care of the cars with a
inspection change the fluids, they look at the cars from the under-
side to the top, and the customer drives the car. The prices are
much better and they can take alittle haggleing. They H&H also
sells out of state. Rogers ----have low mileage high priced cars
period.
Best of luck-----road pilot
Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
FinallyC5
Heel & Toe

Bought my 01 coupe from H&H across the street from Rogers. The service, attention, price is much better than Rogers. Both sell high quality cars and low mileage vettes. Just check them out, I think you will be happier. Good Luck.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 PM
LeeJones
Melting Slicks

Location: I saw her today at the reception.....a glass of wine in her hand...

Originally Posted by FinallyC5
Bought my 01 coupe from H&H across the street from Rogers. The service, attention, price is much better than Rogers. Both sell high quality cars and low mileage vettes. Just check them out, I think you will be happier. Good Luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Ever Bought A Car From Rogers In Orlando?

Quick Reply: Ever Bought A Car From Rogers In Orlando?