Sponsored by:

Buzzing rear speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Flut GOS
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing rear speakers...

My step-dad just purchased a 98 Vette as kind of a gift for me...I am still in shock about all of it but I did have one question. I noticed the rear speakers were buzzing. It did not seem like they were blown out but like the volume was turned up all the way or something. The thing is, it only does it when the engine is turned on..when I shut off the engine and listen to the radio, its fine. Can anyone help me with this? It is really annoying with the windows up and the top on, and last night the started getting louder.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:06 PM
AMRAAM
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't swear to it without actually hearing it, but it sounds like you are hearing the whine of the fuel pump. They are quite noisy, but it is normal. Do a quick search for fuel pump noise and you should be able to find more info.

Oh...and you might want to fill out your profile. You usually get more responses that way
Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Prosecutor
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple things to check...I understand that alternator problems can cause speaker noise but it probably affects all speakers. Also, I had a similar issue with my passenger door speaker and found it to be full of water. Any chance of a leak?

Get notified of new replies

To Buzzing rear speakers...

Quick Reply: Buzzing rear speakers...