Sponsored by:

Non Run Flat tire flats.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Normseven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Run Flat tire flats.

Has anyone running non-run flat tires had a flat? What did you do? Are there any kits like to Z06 to place in the car?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
dyeggy
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12, '14-'17,'21

I had 2 flats in 2 days las weekend with my GSD-3s. 1st one was a slow leak and was able to use compressor to put air in tire and make it to tire shop to get it plugged. 2nd one was a fast leak with a very large nail through the side wall. I used the Continental ContiComfort Kit with the sealer and it worked like a champ. Local tire shop changed the tire, cleaned the tire pressure monitor and eveything is working great.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

I have ZO-6 wheels with Goodyear Supercar (non-RF) tires on my 2000 FRC. I installed new sensors to be able to monitor tire pressures and hopefully get some warning of a slow leak.

A while back I was pulling out of the drive and got a low pressure warning with 19# indicating in one of the tires. I checked the pressure with a gage and verified it was low. When I checked the tire it had a nail in the center of the tread. I repaired the tire with a plug/patch after removing the tire from the rim and it has been fine for more than a year.

I also have a spare tire from an 05 GTO for trips as a back-up, along with the ZO-6 kit which I carry all of the time. Keep in mind that most leaks are slow leaks caused by a nail in the tread. With a bit of early warning from your TPMS, you should be able to deal with most of them in a non-emergency manner, for everything else there's MASTER-CARD ... ( just kidding of course).

Good luck...GUSTO
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck
Old 08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
1stvette@60
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by dyeggy
I had 2 flats in 2 days las weekend with my GSD-3s. 1st one was a slow leak and was able to use compressor to put air in tire and make it to tire shop to get it plugged. 2nd one was a fast leak with a very large nail through the side wall. I used the Continental ContiComfort Kit with the sealer and it worked like a champ. Local tire shop changed the tire, cleaned the tire pressure monitor and eveything is working great.
I bought the Conti Kit when I bought my '99 last year. You are the very first person that have said they used the Kit and it worked. I also have a plug kit and small compressor. Had thought about selling the Kit. Based on your report, I will keep both in the car.
Thanks for the info.

Get notified of new replies

To Non Run Flat tire flats.

Quick Reply: Non Run Flat tire flats.