Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the hood that Eckler's sell's that looks like MCM hood I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
vettes4fun
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the hood that Eckler's sell's that looks like MCM hood I need some help

I have this hood on my car. I am having a problem. I had my car painted about a month ago. Today, I washed it for the first time since I got it back. When I raised my hood after washing the car, I noticed the motor was covered in water. I have washed it many times before, and the engine never got wet. After looking more closely, it appears as if the part of the hood has been cut off. If anyone as one of these hoods, could you please take a picture of it. The picture needs to be from the underside of the vent. I believe there used to be two small holes on each side of the vent. Now, the whole vent is open. I yhank the MCM hood is made the same way.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 11:57 PM
vettes4fun
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyone
Old 08-26-2007, 02:21 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,301 Likes on 13,974 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Really not sure how you got water all over the motor with that hood. I have an MCM hood on mine and the lower lip of the vent lies directly above the acordian air bridge on my motor. So any water that gets through the vent falls on the air bridge and down in front of the engine.

Here's what I do to keep the water out of that vent area: I went to Lowes and purchased some of the household water pipe foam insluation (the round stuff with the hole in the middle for the pipe) and then wrap an old Absorber synthetic chamios around the insulation and wedge it into the opening up against the screen. Works like a charm to keep the soapy/rinse water out of that area.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:12 AM
vettes4fun
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, they cut away the lower part of the vent and now the whole vent is open and water is splashing. Anyone with pictures

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the hood that Eckler's sell's that looks like MCM hood I need some help

Quick Reply: Anyone have the hood that Eckler's sell's that looks like MCM hood I need some help