Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for SINGLE-din NAVIGATION/DVD?? Ive got you Covered!! ON SALE THIS WEEK!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Looking for SINGLE-din NAVIGATION/DVD?? Ive got you Covered!! ON SALE THIS WEEK!!

The answer to all your problems..... has arrived!!!

first off i want to thank everyone for their interest/purchases on the Pioneer sale i had going for 24 hours!! I will continue offering all sorts of name brand home/car audio products!! when your looking around, make sure to contact me, id be glad to help answer any questions, and pass down the great deals to the corvette community!!

now.... onto business!!!

Navigation is the new thing. as we know, for C5 owners our selection is tough, and expensive. not only do we need to purchase a high dollar unit, but we also have to have a bezel customized to fit the large display monitor!! our only other option was a large clunky naviagation that was somehow stuck to the dash/windshield. these units only offering straight navigation.

well the wait is over, and this unit is the answer to all our questions, and truely the best of both worlds.....

introducing the JVC KDNX5000....

a little about the unit....

The JVC NX5000 is the cleanest and ONLY single din navigation system out there!!! no more bezels to buy, or seperate units to hang up above the dash!

some features....

lets start with NAVIGATION.....

- Over 13 Million Points of Interest!! Category, Name, Vicinity, PhoneNumber, Address, Latitude / Longitude

- 2D or 3D map views! containing 300 Favorite + Last 50 + 9 Via Points

- Clean and Crisp 3.5 inch Screen! Over 70% of navigations sold are portable, and average a 4 inch screen. dont let the 3.5 inch screen turn you off. very clear, and easy to ready!!

- 3 Language Voice Guidance! Choose Male or Female in English, Spanish, or French!!

- Route Calculation Options! Fastest / Shortest, Avoid Freeway / Ferry / Toll Road

and now the interesting part.....

not only is this a AM/FM unit with navi...this unit is also a DVD player!!!!

- 40gb Hard Drive!! yes you can actually store your music from CD, mps's, etc on this unit! comes out to about 460 albums!!!

- Numerous Supported Files!! CD+-'s, DVD+-'s, WMA's, WAV's, DIVx, JPEG, MPEG

- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound! Watch your movies and hear them they way they were meant to be heard!!!

- Maximum Power Output 50W x 4

- 7-Band Digital iEQ

- Front/Rear/Sub/Video Output

Now if that hasnt sold you yet... let me add in a little more!!

This unit features EVERYTHING above.... PLUS Ipod, and Bluetooth capabilities!!! yes i said it....

- Hook up your Ipod! use the units interface to scroll and select your songs!!

- Hook up Bluetooth! Hands Free Calls

- Phonebook Transfer!

- Voice Recongnition Dialing! (voice recognition compatible cell phone required)

- Steering Remote Control Ready

- Detachable Control Panel with Carrying Case

and so much more!!!

WHEW! so lets go over the basics again real quick! your getting a full navigation system along with DVD playback, and Bluetooth and Ipod abilities!! and remember... this is a SINGLE DIN!!! this is just like installing a new radio in your car! no cutting up of bezels! This unit is a regular single din size, all you need is an install kit, antenna adapter and harness to get this thing working!!

after reading all that im sure your asking the question... How Much?!?

well... believe it or not, this unit retails for $1099.95 which is still a pretty killer deal for us C5 guys! a little more than a D3, but you dont have to fab up or purchase a custom bezel!! (savings in the long run)

For this week only, ill be offering this unit at the low price of....

$729.99!!!! and if that wasnt a good enough deal, ill be throwing in the install kit and antenna adapter FREE for all buyers!!!

oh.. and one more free-bee!! everyone who purchase will get a FREE 3 month traffic subscription!! this will allow you to avoid any kind of traffic build ups, accidents, road closures, etc!!

feel free to contact me with any questions!! shoot all emails over to info@ti-motorsports.com or PM me here on the forum!

looking forward to seeing some purchases coming in!!! this one takes the cake, jump in on this offer today!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
PaulWall
Instructor

WOW! If i don't have to go buy another winter car (can get it running this week) Im gonna have to get that!

Last edited by PaulWall; 09-18-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,274 Likes on 13,957 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I assume this ties into the stock speaker system though connectors in the install kit. Also, does it announce streets by name and turn by turn directions like the C6 factory system does? Awesome price - going to have to really think about this one.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
DRIVE AMERICA
Intermediate

Default Questions

I love that unit and would love to have it installed in my Vette, but I looked at the mesurments and it appears that the height is not enough to install with out an adadpter plate. So, my question is, is the face about the same height as the original unit. If so I want one but if not I just don't like the look of it pieced in.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
JDLearjet
Instructor

Does this unit interface with the Bose speakers? Is it possible to transfer existing routes, waypoints, ect from another GPS?

Where are you in Orlando, as I may consider driving there for you to install unit. How much for install?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:53 PM
DRIVE AMERICA
Intermediate

Default Dimentions don't add up

I checked the dimentionsa. The face of my original unit is 3" tall for the face but this unit is 2-5/16 how does that work ???
JVC KD-NX5000 Dimensions (W x D x H)
Installation Size 182 x 52 x 158 mm (7-3/16 x 2-1/16 x 6-1/4")
Panel Size 188 x 58 x 12 mm(7-7/16 x 2-5/16 x 1/2")
Detachable Face Plate Size 169 x 58 x 20 mm (6-11/16 x 2-5/16 x 13/16")
Old 09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

let me try and answer a few questions....

this will work with the stock BOSE speakers. you will need an additional adapter. they are about $65. i can get these for you as well.

this is a SINGLE din unit. that means its smaller than the stock BOSE unit. the install kit allows you to actually install the unit in place, but also has a nice trim that surrounds the unit and gives it a finished look.

ill post up some pics later when i get home!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

for those questioning the dimensions....

its a single din like any other aftermarket radio. the install kit comes with a trim bezel to complete the look. i did a quick photoshop to show you about what it would look like....

Old 09-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

C5 KIDD, maybe I can help answer some ?s.

First, I can vouch for the quality of this screen, I have the JVC KD-AVX33. Very similiar unit without the nav. The screen is awsome, very readable even under direct sunlight. Its amazing how big the scren seems from the drivers seat, easily big enough to read.

As he said it is a single din, but slightly oversized. The standard mounting option will leave it sticking out a bit from the dash, I didnt like that so a local installer is going to flush mount it for about $80. Any good install shop should be able to do this small custom work.

Im not sure if this unit has the bluetooth built in as mine does, but if so, it works great! My WM5 phone works flawless through the stereo, auto mutes for incoming calls, set it up once and you good to go anytime the phone is in range.

Good luck, its an awsome HU
Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

This may be a long shot, but what available these days in the 1.5 din which would be a an exact replacement?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Blood
This may be a long shot, but what available these days in the 1.5 din which would be a an exact replacement?
nothing worthwhile
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

bump!! sale ends this friday!!!

also my new website is up, so you can actually go ahead and place the orders directly online now!!

www.ti-motorsports.com then click products and follow the link!!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
gpracer1
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Blood
Yeah, WTF? A 1.5 din version of that one would be nice. A little bigger screen and a good fit. There has to be one out there somewhere.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
hayman
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what is the total cost and availability of the unit and ALL the adaptors and installation kit to use with the Stock Bose speaker system? In other words, pop the stock unit out and COMPLETELY install this unit without having to order some other part to get this to work.

Bill
Old 09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
BUBBAS 01Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hayman
So what is the total cost and availability of the unit and ALL the adaptors and installation kit to use with the Stock Bose speaker system? In other words, pop the stock unit out and COMPLETELY install this unit without having to order some other part to get this to work.

Bill
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
DropTheTop
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hayman

Bill
What he said, and how much for the KS-BTA200 Bluetooth Adapter?

Last edited by DropTheTop; 09-05-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
4THTOY
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am veryinterested in this, a couple of questions,
1. where does the GPS antenna for the head unit mount?
2. How does the IPOD conenct to the head unit?
3. what is the total cost to "plug and play" with existing bose speakers, pls cover in the cost everything needed so I don't need to look for one thing or another at the last minute.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for SINGLE-din NAVIGATION/DVD?? Ive got you Covered!! ON SALE THIS WEEK!!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:31 PM
hayman
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3rdtoy
1. where does the GPS antenna for the head unit mount?
Where on a convertible?

Got credit card ready to buy….. with the right answers.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:49 PM
lil vette
Melting Slicks

Circuit city blew my bose up & are replacing.
I'm going to talk to them about giving cash & buy this.
How much for IPOD adapter, will the cables i already bought work.
need bottom line price except for work to make flush, can do myself.

Last edited by lil vette; 09-06-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does this have speed adaptive volume control like the stock Bose system? What about touch screen? If not, that's probably the deal breaker for me. I've seen pics of the unit installed (not a photochop) and don't care for how it doesn't sit flush. I'm either holding out for a 1.5 DIN nav solution or waiting for a standalone touch screen nav that's thin enough to fit behind the hinged cover below the radio and just go with that. Might be less of a theft magnet for a vert, anyway. I can see how a lot of people might find this JVC unit an attractive option, however.

Quick Reply: Looking for SINGLE-din NAVIGATION/DVD?? Ive got you Covered!! ON SALE THIS WEEK!!