Sponsored by:

The Frc Is Up And Coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
redvette777
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Frc Is Up And Coming

The FRC is finially getting reconized. I deal a lot in the Corvette world and what I have found out yesterday in Dallas is what I have been talking about for sometime now.
The FRC, '99 & '00, there low production numbers, only coming with a 6sp, only coming with the Z51, only having the 3:42 rear end is now being highly sought after. Taking on the air of the first Hard Top with a trunk and having special racing equipment straight from the factory. Then they were the testing ground for the coming back out sence '63, the Z06. Very low limited numbers being produce. They have finally been noticed by the collectors. There prices are starting to sore. They will only be a notch below the Z06 in up coming prices. Collectors, and I've seen the prices on the ones that have sold, a late '99 FRC with rare HUD with under 20K miles, unmolested (bone stock) on the open market will and has fetched $37K. Collectors are willing to pay now while they still can find one with low miles and in very good condition. A total on only 6K built for both years produced '99-'00 this FRC is standing out. Sence I've been on the Forum, the FRC has been kicked around like a "red headed step child". I can understand that because the brotherhood for this car is only as limited as the production numbers. Sure there are tens of thousand more Z06s, tens of thousands more coupes and tens of thousand more convertables and only out of 2 years of production and only a little over 6K built and I will find out how many are left today both in the U.S. and abroad will only up the prices and lower the availiably. Supply and demand. You want one but you can't find one and you want a investment and some Corvette history. Need I say more. Any automobile person with any sence can figure this out. Best of all, its a Corvette.
So the FRC is no longer a "red headed step child" but is becoming a very sought after Corvette with all the right mystics. Projection in the next ten years the FRC will double in price. Still the FRC Z06s will be in front of that and from what I see will sport a higher price tag as well. I must add that the '01-'04 FRC Z06s will also be the only Z06 that were hardtops.
I will be keeping my '00 FRC and I'm in the market for a FRC Z06 that I will soon purchase before these cars get out of reach and while there are still ones out there that have low miles and unmolested.
THEY SIMPLY DON'T MAKE THE FRC ANYMORE.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:37 AM
redvette777
Pro

Ttt
Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Ok.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 AM
vettelover84
Melting Slicks

Wow!!! Have fun with all that!!! I have 1 of 352 SW Z06's ever produced and I plan to drive drive drive it!!!! Its a car, its meant to take me where I need to go!!! I feel sorry for the low mileage vettes that never serve there purpose, they just sit and look pretty...

Of course the first 2 owners of my Z put all of 23,000 miles on her!! I am glad they took such good care of it...

Whatever floats the "said" boat right?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 AM
BOTYNV1
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 78 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Bill K
Ok.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by redvette777
The FRC is finially getting reconized. I deal a lot in the Corvette world and what I have found out yesterday in Dallas is what I have been talking about for sometime now.
The FRC, '99 & '00, there low production numbers, only coming with a 6sp, only coming with the Z51, only having the 3:42 rear end is now being highly sought after. Taking on the air of the first Hard Top with a trunk and having special racing equipment straight from the factory. Then they were the testing ground for the coming back out sence '63, the Z06. Very low limited numbers being produce. They have finally been noticed by the collectors. There prices are starting to sore. They will only be a notch below the Z06 in up coming prices. Collectors, and I've seen the prices on the ones that have sold, a late '99 FRC with rare HUD with under 20K miles, unmolested (bone stock) on the open market will and has fetched $37K. Collectors are willing to pay now while they still can find one with low miles and in very good condition. A total on only 6K built for both years produced '99-'00 this FRC is standing out. Sence I've been on the Forum, the FRC has been kicked around like a "red headed step child". I can understand that because the brotherhood for this car is only as limited as the production numbers. Sure there are tens of thousand more Z06s, tens of thousands more coupes and tens of thousand more convertables and only out of 2 years of production and only a little over 6K built and I will find out how many are left today both in the U.S. and abroad will only up the prices and lower the availiably. Supply and demand. You want one but you can't find one and you want a investment and some Corvette history. Need I say more. Any automobile person with any sence can figure this out. Best of all, its a Corvette.
So the FRC is no longer a "red headed step child" but is becoming a very sought after Corvette with all the right mystics. Projection in the next ten years the FRC will double in price. Still the FRC Z06s will be in front of that and from what I see will sport a higher price tag as well. I must add that the '01-'04 FRC Z06s will also be the only Z06 that were hardtops.
I will be keeping my '00 FRC and I'm in the market for a FRC Z06 that I will soon purchase before these cars get out of reach and while there are still ones out there that have low miles and unmolested.
THEY SIMPLY DON'T MAKE THE FRC ANYMORE.
im simply not buying it..
Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
redvette777
Pro

Cool, no one said don't drive your VETTS, this was information for those that are collectors. Please, drive the Fuch out of your cars. That is what they are for. When you go to sell....take a beating. Example is a Silver '97 coupe for 14K on here. I bet he paid more than that for it and I will have to say he must be rich and very willing to lose money on his car. I expected this kind of responce from the ones that are not collectors. Put as many miles as possible on that car. It will make the low milage ones more saught after and will bring more money. As I also thought, responces from people with convertables and coupes. Drive 'em and drive 'em hard because there are plenty of those made and it won't be hard to find another. There are thousands and thousands of 'em. I'm not knocking Corvettes, I am one person that appreciates a Corvette that has been taken care of and well maintained and has low miles. A smart man looks at his dollars as well. Its a fact, low miles, low production numbers, special intrest models bring top dollar. I like to know I'm taking care of my investment. Yes I drive my FRC but not as much as some people. Why? You know the answer if you have been reading. Glad to know you are enjoying your Corvette but wouldn't it be nice to have one that only 2% of the American public and around the world owns.
Thanks for reading.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by alanhang
im simply not buying it..
Let me guess......you have a coupe.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
CertInsaneC5
Le Mans Master

Location: Freezing in the Midwest. Fort Wayne IN. Global warming my azz.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Interesting. I just looked up prices on AutoTrader. Low mileage Vettes 99', 00' are in the mid 20's. Higher mileage 50K+ seem to be going about 20K. Of the few FRC's that were listed, they seem to be in line with those prices. Oh well, I personally am going to drive my FRC like I stole it. If I get a good resale on it, then that's just icing on the cake.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Not A Z06
Pro

I looked for a year befor I found mine.
2000 FRC
I just like the look of the car.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:56 AM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by vettelover84
Wow!!! Have fun with all that!!! I have 1 of 352 SW Z06's ever produced and I plan to drive drive drive it!!!! Its a car, its meant to take me where I need to go!!! I feel sorry for the low mileage vettes that never serve there purpose, they just sit and look pretty...

Of course the first 2 owners of my Z put all of 23,000 miles on her!! I am glad they took such good care of it...

Whatever floats the "said" boat right?
Drive it till you can't drive it anymore. Put hundreds of thousands of miles on it. Its your car. Please don't feel sorry for the VETTES being pampered. They love it and their owners love it. And if and when they do sell them, the buyer will love it even more$$$$.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:06 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

I drove my coupe like I stole it yesterday and it was fun got to see a legal 180
Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM
vettelover84
Melting Slicks

Drive it till you can't drive it anymore. Put hundreds of thousands of miles on it. Its your car. Please don't feel sorry for the VETTES being pampered. They love it and their owners love it. And if and when they do sell them, the buyer will love it even more$$$$.
I don't feel sorry for pampered vettes, I feel sorry for the ones not cruising the streets.... I really do understand that these cars CAN and WILL go for more money because people are willing to pay the extra money for rare, low mileage, pampered, etc, etc!!!!

Like I said I owe the two prevous owners of my 01 Z!!! Its an awesome Vette!!! I LOVE IT!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:10 AM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by CertInsaneC5
Interesting. I just looked up prices on AutoTrader. Low mileage Vettes 99', 00' are in the mid 20's. Higher mileage 50K+ seem to be going about 20K. Of the few FRC's that were listed, they seem to be in line with those prices. Oh well, I personally am going to drive my FRC like I stole it. If I get a good resale on it, then that's just icing on the cake.
Thats what I'm taking about. Buy now while they are cheap. The auto trader is one of the best places to look. Those people are not in the know at this time. Please, please, please drive it like you stole it. You are driving one of only 2090 built and who knows how many are left today. I grew up in the late '60s early '70s and I drove my HEMI 'cuda into the ground, my Boss 429 into the ground. Today those cars fetch 1/4 of a million dollars. Only the ones that were not driven like they were stolen, only the ones that were papmpered, only the ones with low production numbers. Get what I'm saying. So do it. I not telling people not to drive them, try to preserve it, there are not many left. I am one of a few that have, from what I've been reading, true passion for the CORVETTE.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
1983JZR3W
Melting Slicks

Received 463 Likes on 150 Posts

I have a 2004 torch red Z06 with 962 miles. It is a no option car. Does anyone think it will be worth something someday?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 AM
1983JZR3W
Melting Slicks

Received 463 Likes on 150 Posts

From all the research I have done, I have determined that my car is one of 37 no option torch red 2004 Z06's with all black interior.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
CertInsaneC5
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran

Thats what I'm taking about. Buy now while they are cheap. The auto trader is one of the best places to look. Those people are not in the know at this time. Please, please, please drive it like you stole it. You are driving one of only 2090 built and who knows how many are left today. I grew up in the late '60s early '70s and I drove my HEMI 'cuda into the ground, my Boss 429 into the ground. Today those cars fetch 1/4 of a million dollars. Only the ones that were not driven like they were stolen, only the ones that were papmpered, only the ones with low production numbers. Get what I'm saying. So do it. I not telling people not to drive them, try to preserve it, there are not many left. I am one of a few that have, from what I've been reading, true passion for the CORVETTE.
I hear you. I don't think I am going to be getting any stellar prices for my Vette. I am pushing 90K miles right now and no plans to sell in the near future. Besides I have modded the hell out of it and I am not going to tear all that out just to say it's all original.

Get notified of new replies

To The Frc Is Up And Coming

Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Whiteonrice
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-LITE
I have a 2004 torch red Z06 with 962 miles. It is a no option car. Does anyone think it will be worth something someday?
I really do. Like the past generations it's looking good for you in 25 or 30 years. I bet if you don't drive it you will get more than your money back.

Rick
Old 10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
CertInsaneC5
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran

Was just thinking that the prices I saw on AutoTrader for low mileage 99's are more than I paid, almost two years ago, for mine when it had 30K on it. I thought at the time I had found a good deal. Now I know I did.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
redvette777
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06-LITE
From all the research I have done, I have determined that my car is one of 37 no option torch red 2004 Z06's with all black interior.
Its a Z06. Thats plenty. It would bring more of course with more options but at the same time, if you plan to hang on to it, they don't make Hard Top Zs anymore. If you are a young man and love to drive your Z then do it. If you have other cars to drive I suggest to try to keep the miles down a low as possible. The cut off on miliage is 20K for us collectors for bringing top dollar. If you can to keep it try to preserve it.
All I'm trying to do is make the people aware of the Hardtop, weither its a Z or not. I am not trying to offend anyone as well. These cars are special. If we are smart we can preserve these fine cars for the future. I can't help my passion for these cars. They are cheap right now, but not for long.

Quick Reply: The Frc Is Up And Coming