Sponsored by:

Sears Die Hard Battery Tender

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM
02EBcoupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sears Die Hard Battery Tender

Just looked at this at local Sears store. It appears to work fine for the application I need it for and all for only $29.99. Any one else had any experiance with this product good or bad? Seems for the money it does what the more expensive models do. Works on both lead and gel batteries. Just wondering.Below is a description on the Sears Website.

Charge your battery from inside the vehicle! Fully Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer with Float Mode Monitoring for 6 and 12 volt batteries. 2 Amp, 12 Volt/4 Amp, 6 Volt slow charge with Reverse Hook-Up Protection is ideal for keeping stored, lead-acid batteries charged and power maintained at all times. Great for Motorcycle, Lawn Tractor, ATV, Snowmobile size batteries and to maintain larger Car, RV, Boat, Deep Cycle, Antique and Classic Car batteries too! Includes: 50 amp battery clamps, 12V accessory plug and permanent ring connectors for fast, easy charging every time. UL listed.

Three-Year Full Warranty
If this Battery Charger fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship within three years from the date of purchase, RETURN IT TO ANY SEARS STORE or OTHER DIEHARD OUTLET IN THE UNITED STATES FOR FREE REPLACEMENT.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM
WetteVette
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have three of the Deltran Battery Tenders. One for the truck, one for the 'Vette and one for the Harley. Have had one for over 10 years. Never a problem.

If you feel OK with a $30 battery maintainer for your expensive Corvette, fine, go for it!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:49 PM
02EBcoupe
Racer

It's for the battery,does that mean if you pay more for something, its works better?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:52 PM
WetteVette
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02EBcoupe
It's for the battery,does that mean if you pay more for something, its works better?
YES! I've usually found that to be the case!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
sorbet70
Racer

Originally Posted by 02EBcoupe
Just looked at this at local Sears store. It appears to work fine for the application I need it for and all for only $29.99. Any one else had any experiance with this product good or bad? Seems for the money it does what the more expensive models do. Works on both lead and gel batteries. Just wondering.Below is a description on the Sears Website.

Charge your battery from inside the vehicle! Fully Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer with Float Mode Monitoring for 6 and 12 volt batteries. 2 Amp, 12 Volt/4 Amp, 6 Volt slow charge with Reverse Hook-Up Protection is ideal for keeping stored, lead-acid batteries charged and power maintained at all times. Great for Motorcycle, Lawn Tractor, ATV, Snowmobile size batteries and to maintain larger Car, RV, Boat, Deep Cycle, Antique and Classic Car batteries too! Includes: 50 amp battery clamps, 12V accessory plug and permanent ring connectors for fast, easy charging every time. UL listed.

Three-Year Full Warranty
If this Battery Charger fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship within three years from the date of purchase, RETURN IT TO ANY SEARS STORE or OTHER DIEHARD OUTLET IN THE UNITED STATES FOR FREE REPLACEMENT.
i also have the diehard battery tender,for 3years now. no prob, i hook it right up to battery and plug it in
Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
hiwayman
Intermediate

I use the Diehard on my Harley and it works fine. Have the Ctek on the Vette.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought a Black & Decker from WallMart for $18, it has both 1 amp and 2 amp settings just for 12 volt. If you have an AGM Battery, you should charge it at 1 amp.

Get notified of new replies

To Sears Die Hard Battery Tender

Quick Reply: Sears Die Hard Battery Tender