Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rogers corvette dealership...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:43 PM
BD TTT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rogers corvette dealership...any good?

Hey guys, I just joined the forum. This is my first post , let me know if I break any rules...

Basically, my income VS C5 prices has finally allowed me to afford a C5 vette. I am from Canada and nearly all vettes here are garbage. Our winters, bumpy roads, rich-young owners make the odds of finding a good vette nearly impossible. I would like to buy a used C5 out of the USA and take it back to Canada. Only problem is, all the people selling a vette in the USA always seem rushed to sell, and dont wanna wait for me to come and buy the car. (they need the cash fast... and want the car gone asap, they dont seem to wanna wait a few weeks...which is understandable)

I have noticed a website called Rogers Corvettes, http://www.rogerscorvette.com/ , the guy has ALOT of C5's to choose from, and wont mind putting a car on hold for a few weeks for me. I have always perfered to buy a used vechile from an owner personally... and avoid used car lots. Does anyone know if this dealership is reputable? I would hate to buy the vette only to find out I have been scammed... or bought a flood car.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is my opinion on Rogers. They have a lot of nice Vettes with low miles on them but the prices are high. He does not negotiate the prices either. So if you dont mind paying the prices he has then I say go for it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,253 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I live near Rogers and their reputation is they sell quality low miles
vettes at higher than average prices-no negociating. They are but
one of many Vette only dealers in the USA, that sell nice low mile
vettes.
GOOD LUCK
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
BD TTT
Intermediate

Do you really think the prices are higher then average? I have been looking on the C5 forsale portion of this forum and it seems close.

How do I determine if a car is a flood car or not?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by BD TTT
Do you really think the prices are higher then average? I have been looking on the C5 forsale portion of this forum and it seems close.

How do I determine if a car is a flood car or not?
You should be able to find that out by doing a carfax, which you cannot ask for on this forum. And yes his prices are higher than normal.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:37 PM
FLACHUSNRET
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I have not had any personal dealings with Roger's but a friend in my club bought a C-4 convertible there several years ago and has been very happy with the car and the deal.
His prices are usually premium but I hear that his cars are too.
They are mostly low mileage garage queens that have been pampered.
Being as though he is in Florida and you are in Canada I would think you could find a pristine Vette in the Northern states to cut down on travel and shipping costs with today's high fuel prices.
I bought my '02 vert in Philly, Pa. back in July '04 and I live on the Gulf Coast. Had I not been so set on the color and every detail about the car I was looking for, I wouldn't have travelled so far. We flew into Philly, bought the car and drove it 1285 miles back home. We enjoyed every mile of the drive back home.
You may want to start another thread asking for reputable dealers in the Northern states as close as possible to your Canadian border to make it more convenient and less costly for you to go see and buy your Dream Vette. Be sure to be specific about your location in Canada since the border is what (about 3000+ miles long)?

I would also suggest starting a thread asking about the legal and customs hurdles regarding the importation of a Corvette from the US. I am sure there are dozens of forum members who have already been down that road before.

Check around to see if there is a Corvette Club in your area and contact them and they will be very happy to show you their cars so you can realize what all the options are out there. They may even be willing to help you in your search or be able to guide you to a local car that has been a garage queen and the owner is thinking about upgrading to a C-6. The more research you do before you purchase your car, the happier you will be after the purchase. When I think back over the search I did before I bought my C-5, it was a very enjoyable adventure for us even though we made one dry run from Mobile Al. to Jax, Fl. (850 miles total). After that deal fell through we drove back home and got on a plane and flew to Philly. When you go look at a Vette be fully prepared to say thanks but no thanks and be able to walk away or you can get burned very badly. What some owners claim to be pristine condition may not even be up to "fair" in your judgement.
Another thing to do before you get real serious in your search is to sit down and decide all the details like: color, auto or 6 speed, Virtually all factory warranties have already expired (36 months) but many later model model C-5's still have extended warranties in force. warranty or no warranty ( repairs can kill your budget), coupe, convertible or Z06.
Will it be a daily driver or a garage queen once you have it?
My personal recommendation is that if you want a garage queen you should buy a garage queen but if you plan to use it for a daily driver you shouldn't waste extra money buying a higher dollar garage queen only to put it to an abusive life on Canadian roads. In other words, find a higher mileage car that has been well cared for and you can save several thousand dollars on the purchase price.
Good luck in your search and welcome to the best forum around!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
FLACHUSNRET
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I forgot to mention that you need to fill in your profile.
You don't need to be specific on your age or address but put your city and state and something like born in the sixties, or over 40 now!
That way people who respond to your posts will know more things that enable them to help you better. Once you buy your Vette you can list all the details about it.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
jayzze
Racer

Default rogers vettes

i went looking there beautiful low millage vettes but you pay thru the yang and no negociating in price i ended up some where else for less money and was happy if money is no object then rogers is the place
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
RonJ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BD, don't trash Canadian 'vettes. Maybe you live down a dirt road but most people don't. When I shopped for an 01, I saw some pretty nice cars and ended up buying a real sweet car in Kitchener. It was owned by a little old man who was trading it on a Hummer!!

There are lot's of nice cars out there. Do some searching on the internet, pick a few that are near you and then go see them.

RonJ ...
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
CMC1998
Instructor

try www.contes.com they are in NJ and there is not a better guy to deal with than Joe Conte. Its closer to you as well.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is NOT against the forum rules to ask someone to do a Carfax for you. It is against the forum rules for someone to run a post offering to do a Carfax. You can ask and someone can do it for you, but it is against the forum rules for someone to make a post offering this service.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
ROJ#79
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You could try Gary Enck's Car Store in Cooperstown, NY.
He is a new car GM Dealer and a sponsor of the Syracuse Corvette Club, Inc. He always has a good supply of new and pre-owned Vetts.
www.garyenckscarstoregm.com. Ph#800.724.9028
Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the place for you. It is in Colonial Beach Va. and they have a great selection of very nice Corvettes in all different years. It is F&A Auto sales they have between 15 to 20 very nice Corvettes right now. Here is the web page URL www.facorvette.com 804 224 0588. Their web page has their current inventory. Ask for Frank Coates if you call he is a great guy and loves Corvettes.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BD TTT
I would like to buy a used C5 out of the USA and take it back to Canada. Only problem is, all the people selling a vette in the USA always seem rushed to sell, and dont wanna wait for me to come and buy the car. (they need the cash fast... and want the car gone asap, they dont seem to wanna wait a few weeks...which is understandable)
I'm a bit puzzled.

Why "wait a few weeks"? Last I checked, they have airplanes in Canada too. Where in the USA could they have a car that you couldn't fly to in a couple of days?

But I think, with a substantial deposit, most people would hold a car for a couple of weeks. They won't do it for free though.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:59 AM
TopFuelTim
Burning Brakes

Another good place for vettes is www.buyavette.net in Atlanta, GA. Premium prices again, but they do have some very nice cars.

Tim Glover
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Also look at H&H Corvettes across the street from them. That is where I got my low mileage '01.

They are also a supporting vendor.

H&H
Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 AM
vetter79
Burning Brakes

Try Turner Automotive in Victor NY. He's a little high but has quality rides!
http://turnerautomotive.com/

I only live a few miles from there. Where are you located? (Fill out a profile if you will)

Last edited by vetter79; 11-12-2007 at 07:14 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rogers corvette dealership...any good?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Originally Posted by ljthe2nd
It is NOT against the forum rules to ask someone to do a Carfax for you. It is against the forum rules for someone to run a post offering to do a Carfax. You can ask and someone can do it for you, but it is against the forum rules for someone to make a post offering this service.
You cannot ask for it either. Sending someone a PM and asking for one might be ok but posting a thread and asking for one is still against the rules. If you dont believe me, then try posting a thread asking for a carfax and see how fast it gets locked.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Do some research on a dealership in Dearborn MI. I can not recall the name right now, but a used C5 comes with a lifetime powetrain warranty on their certified used Vettes and they had a bunch at great prices. perhaps comeone knows what dealership it is.
I'll try and find it.
Regards
The pup

Last edited by Benpup; 11-12-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM
FinnZ06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently bought two Corvettes from Roger's Corvette Center and I was very pleased with them. Everyhting went smoothly and their customer service was top notch. The guy I dealt with, David, was a great person to do business with. He always answered to my questions quickly and sent pics that I asked for. I don't think their prices are much higher than some other dealer's prices in the US - Roger does have some very fairly priced Corvettes in his invetory (at least compared to our European prices ).

As others have mentioned they won't negotiate the prices so if you are willing to pay the price they are asking, then go for it! Most of their cars are low-mile Vettes that are in perfect condition. I also found the car I wanted and I'm very happy that I bought it from Roger's Corvette.

Quick Reply: Rogers corvette dealership...any good?