Sponsored by:

I wrecked my baby saturady..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I wrecked my baby saturady..

Let me start by saying that I just spent 30 + mins typing a long post on this and when i went to link pics i got discombobulated ( ) and ended up clicking on a link and losing my entire message Not sure if some of you remember, but a few months back I posted up talking about my 2002 z06 I got, well Its going now .

Anyways, I'm not going to type out what all I had because its late and I have a Differential Equations test at 9:00 am tomorrow morning .

On my way to work saturday I wrecked my car going around a corner at high speed, I am not sure how fast I was going but I was moving.. I passed my friend on the straight away (who was driving a 94 firebird formula) and I was on it pretty good, just horsing around a little and when I entered the corner I was like, you know... there is no reason to go this fast around this corner, to many side roads, houses on it for people to pull out of and I dont want to kill anyone, so I hit the brakes. I guess I hit the brakes too hard, but the back stepped out a little and I counter steered to correct it, then it slid out the other way and into the on coming lane. I really dont remember much at this point but the back tires went off the road into the dirt. At that point, according to my friend who was behind me, said that I was perpendicular in the road. Some how I guess the car turned back pointed the correct direction and slid into the trees. All I remember after sliding into the on coming lane is fighting the car to go straight and hearing a loud BAM and getting out of the car. As soon as I got out of the car an off duty EMS who saw the wreck happen and he told me to sit down untill the EMS got there. I sat there and called a few important people in my life while i was waiting on them. By the time they got there I was covered in blood, I was bleeding out of my nose big time. I didn't even look at the passenger side of my car, it didn't look to bad from the driver side... On the ride to the hospital I the lady that was riding in the back with me told me that her husband has a 05 vette which was kinda cool. When I got there they examined me and the doctor told me that my nose was probably broken and that I should have it X-rayed. So on the was back to the x-ray room my father calls me and tells me that the state trooper who responded to the accident towed my friends car and that he wrote us both 2 tickets, $375 6 points each for racing and wreckless driving, thats 750 dollars and 12 points FOR EACH OF US! (ill get more into that later) so after I get my nose x-rayed and everything the doctor comes in and tells me that everything is fine, my nose isn't broken and he wrote me a perscription for a pain pill and I left the hospital. I did not see the passenger side untill I got in the car with my father and started looking at the pictures that he took with his camera, and when I saw my passenger side I just broke out crying, the car was hardly recognizable. Anyways, about the racing, it turns out that some worthless piece of trash saw my pass my friend and came and told the cop that we were racing. Based on that one accusation we recieved those tickets and he got his car towed and impounded. Needless to say, I am getting a lawyer and will be fighting this in court, because I was not racing! Yes I am a young "kid" (im 19.) but there is a difference in driving fast and racing! A couple things to think about. One, there is a 1/4 mile straight then that corner, not much of a straight for a race huh?? Two, my friends car is a lt1 firebird... 275 hp 3500 pound car... I drove a 405 hp 3100~ pound z06, why would I want to race him, and why would he want to race me? He knows what my car is capable of. Wouldn't be much of a race. And finally, IF I were to race him, why would I do it on a road with hardly a straight away, lots of houses around and 2 busnesses right down the road from it, there is alot of traffic on that road. I guess I deserve the wreckless driving ticket, but I was not racing and I will spend ALOT of money and LOSE in court before just rolling over and taking it up the *** for something I DID NOT do. Don't even get me started at how pissed I am because the towed/impounded my friends car and gave him the tickets they gave me. Hell all he did was stop and make sure that his best friend did not just die.
But anyways. The pics I am going to post at the bottom of this page make the accident look like a fender bender when I saw the car in person earlier. The front right frame rail is pushed up and towards the center of the car almost a foot. The right front wheel, which was behind a tree in the woods, with the brakes, spindle, a-arms and part of the shock still attached. The frame behind where the rear brake duct is is pushed in prob 4-6 inches and the bar behind the bumber on the back, on the right side, is bent forward probably 4-6 inches. The passenger compartment is literally probably half the size that it was. No dought that if anyone was with me that they would be dead.
I am thankful that I am alive. I am VERY VERY VERY lucky to be alive. And considering that I did not have a single broken bone is amazing. All that is wrong with me is my right hand is scratched up (big deal.), my nose has been bleeding since the wreck untill today, is swollen as well as my lip and I have a black eye. Other than that there is not a sratch on me. Not even a bruise from the seat belt. But the biggest thing that I am thankful for is that I did not hurt anyone. Had someone been coming in the other lane I would have hit them, almsot head on, going VERY fast. Or had someone been walking side the road an I hit them. Or if someone was riding with me. Had I hit someone and killed/severely injured anyone I would not want to be alive. I could not live with killing someone's mommy, daddy, sister, brother, mother, father, or anyone, I simply wouldn't want to live.
I have learned a lesson and I learned it the hard way. I hope someone will read this story and it will affect them if they drive like I did. I know before the accident when people would tell me that driving fast was for the track I would laugh at them in my mind. Now I know why. Granted I probably will push it a little on the street, but I will NEVER, I mean NEVER drive like I did before this accident. I drove like I was freaking crazy. Like most teens my age do I guess. But please, if you drive like that, please look at the pictures and let my story slow you down. Just think about it. Think about how many people it would hurt if you killed yourself driving fast. I did not know how many people cared about me until this happened. I am now going to thank the lord for everyday he gives me on this Earth because you never know when he is going to come 'a knockin'

And with that... Pictures at the scene... I will take more next time I see the car and have a camera with me...

Think about these pictures next time you are doing something stupid in your baby...

And please, I am asking that if you have nothing nice to say don't post. I have posted this on two domestic car forums, one of them a different corvette forum and some of the responses on there are pathetic and make me ashamed to be in the car hobby, so please, if you are going to insult me, send a pm, dont junk my up tread.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
VETTE-DUDE
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, just want to ask if you are ok after this serious accident?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 AM
03z06BLK
Racer

sorry to hear about man
Old 11-28-2007, 01:33 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by VETTE-DUDE
Hey, just want to ask if you are ok after this serious accident?
Not a broken bone. swollen lip, nose and a black eye.

Walked away the instant it happened.
The good lord was with me.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
MovOva
Instructor

It's good to hear that no one was hurt or killed in this accident. What has your insurance company said about the car?

Last edited by MovOva; 11-28-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 AM
MovOva
Instructor

Originally Posted by VeTTeMaNC486
The good lord was with me.
He was looking down on you when this happened
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 AM
BUSMAN C6
Pro

Originally Posted by MovOva
He was looking down on you when this happened

BEEN TO WALTERBORO MANNY TIMES
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 AM
VetterGetIt
Drifting

man that really sucks. Glad you are ok, and glad no one was seriously hurt. That being said I would delete this thread. If you don't you are going to be even more upset. Corvette Forum is not the place to tell this story to IMHO. You are in for some upsetting posts. I am glad you realize your mistake. We all (most of us rather) goof off some in our vettes, and we all make mistakes. I would pray and thank God for letting you out of this so easily. You get well soon and get yourself a new car. Delete this thread as soon as you read this bro, seriously.
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by MovOva
It's good to hear that no one was hurt or killed in this accident. What has your insurance company said about the car?
They are going to give me a tad more for the car than was payed for it over a year ago and it has 16000 more miles on it
RedRckC5
Drifting

Good luck. Samething happened to me years ago (91 Beretta GTZ), but luckily I was able to stop before she hit the freeway wall. did you have the TC and AHC on or off?
VETTE-DUDE
Drifting

Yes he was, hey not that this will help, but when I was around your age, I rolled my Chevelle on a slippery road at the time and was fortunate I or anyone else was not injured...Glad you are ok and you are alive to talk about it..maybe talk to highschool students and show them these pictures...Just a thought to help the healing and help others...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:41 AM
darb21
Instructor

Wow... just wow.

Looking at the passenger side I would have guessed that any occupants of the car would be deceased. You sir are a very lucky man. Hope the recovery goes well. Glad you are still with us.

-Brad
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by VetterGetIt
man that really sucks. Glad you are ok, and glad no one was seriously hurt. That being said I would delete this thread. If you don't you are going to be even more upset. Corvette Forum is not the place to tell this story to IMHO. You are in for some upsetting posts. I am glad you realize your mistake. We all (most of us rather) goof off some in our vettes, and we all make mistakes. I would pray and thank God for letting you out of this so easily. You get well soon and get yourself a new car. Delete this thread as soon as you read this bro, seriously.
If it does get nasty I will probably leave the online forum community for good, one of the forums I posted this on I have not visited in several months, and when I was there they did not allow any kind of insults or anything of that sort, I liked it there, but I am probably gone from there even though I have 1200+ posts there. Another one is a local car forum and a few of the people on there are friends of mine that I know in real life, I was rather supprised at how some of them talked.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:43 AM
fireman591
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Don't sweat it

VeTTeMaNC486,
I know what you are going through.In 1986 My brand new Trans Am was totalled in an accident.Though I was not at fault it was a wake up call.

I can honestly say by looking at those pictures that you were given a second chance by the man upstairs.I have been a firefighter- paramedic for 21 years and have pulled alot of bodies out of vehicles with less damage.

I commend you on taking blame and your quest to educate others.
Hang in there and take it one day at a time.You will look back at this someday and realize that it made you a stronger person.

Keep us posted

Good luck with the fight
God bless
Fireman591
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 AM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow.........
Dude, Glad your ok and nobody else was hurt.
Thats amazing the difference from the driver side to the pass. side.
Im young too (22) and as much as I get the urge to "see what shes got" ya gotta think twice.
Definately a wake up call id imagine.
Take Care,
Old 11-28-2007, 01:45 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by darb21
Wow... just wow.

Looking at the passenger side I would have guessed that any occupants of the car would be deceased. You sir are a very lucky man. Hope the recovery goes well. Glad you are still with us.

-Brad
Yes I am very lucky. If one of my friends or family members would have with me I don't know what I would have done to myself.

as far as recovery goes, when this swollen lip and black eye goes away im recovered
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok, How ironic for me though considering we just recieved the news that my youngest daughters friend who graduated last year with a full scholarship in sports was killed today at 11am: , it was estimated that he was doing 137mph racing someone (I know you werent racing), lost control went through an embankment and crashed into a wall, his body was unrecongnizable I am told by his brother who is my daughters ex-boyfriend but still talk do to there affiliation in sports for there high school, needless to say it is a tragedy for his parents who are both High school teachers, I cant imagine going through this with my kids, that is why I express time and time again , it only takes one stupid move to become a statistic, its just not worth it.

I have faith that you have learned a life long lesson here, and move on through life preaching the affects of what caused your accident.

Kids these days think they are invinsible.

Go to the damn local race track to race

Get notified of new replies

To I wrecked my baby saturady..

Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 AM
unionlandlord
C5 General
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Boosted in Manhattan & Round Rock TX. President of the Non Club Club of Kansas and Round Rock , Not the flat part.

Thank God.

You walked away pretty good from how it all looks. I am glad you are doing ok. Sorry about your Z.

Paul G.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedRckC5
Good luck. Samething happened to me years ago (91 Beretta GTZ), but luckily I was able to stop before she hit the freeway wall. did you have the TC and AHC on or off?
I am not sure, i usually turn it off when i get in, just instinct, but i am not sure, i assume not.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 AM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YOU IDIOT!!
haha just playing, Im glad your okay man. from the look it looks like you should be seriously hurt glad your not. God is teaching you a lesson.
Im just sad that beautiful vette is junked

Quick Reply: I wrecked my baby saturady..