Sponsored by:

Window Tilt???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:05 PM
chrisorris24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Window Tilt???

Hey guys i have a leak on the passenger side the windows is not making full contact with the seal i heard there is a way to adjust the tilt does anyone know how?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 PM
mud flap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, check your email.

Dave
Old 12-21-2007, 11:40 PM
chrisorris24
Racer

replied!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

yup you can fix that.

If the window needs tilt towards the front or back:
Open the door panel. Identify if the front or rear needs adjustment (or both in some cases) remove the speaker panel, or the large plastic piece that covers the rear section. There will be a (13mm?) bolt that holds the window clamp. Loosen this and you can adjust the window up and down. Tighten to secure in place.

this is what they look like (driver's side):
rear

front

if the window needs adjustment inwards against the seal the main adjustment is easily accessable. Open the door itself and look on the underside, You'll see a small rubber seal about the size of a matchbook. Remove this and you'll see a 10mm nut on a bolt. Loosen this (don't remove) and you'll have about an inch of play. To move the window inwards, push the bolt to the outside of the door.

good luck.
note: with targa-topped coupes, you will get wind noise at speeds over 70mph period.... there's nothing much you can do about that except slow down and who wants to do that
Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Rick Perkins
Instructor

Default windowtilt / seal

I have adjusted my window tilt to the fullest tilt I can and the windows still leak. I'm wondering now if the windows have dropped in the clamps to the point where they just don't roll up high enough to seal. I'm going to use this post to try to raise my windows to the point where they seal.
Thanks
Rick
Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Rick Perkins
I have adjusted my window tilt to the fullest tilt I can and the windows still leak. I'm wondering now if the windows have dropped in the clamps to the point where they just don't roll up high enough to seal. I'm going to use this post to try to raise my windows to the point where they seal.
Thanks
Rick
All Targa Coupes leak a little...especially if you power wash them. Older cars may require new weatherstripping.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Rick Perkins
Instructor

Default Leak

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
All Targa Coupes leak a little...especially if you power wash them. Older cars may require new weatherstripping.
I understand that they all leak if power washed. I don't power wash mine. What I don't understand is why I have a 1/4 inch gap between the top of the window and the top sometimes at highway speed. I know there has to be a way to adjust the window so it is tight in the door. With the door open and the window up I have about 1/2" to 1 inch of loose play in and out in the window.
Thanks
Rick

Last edited by Rick Perkins; 05-03-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: addition of verbage
Old 05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
1sickz51vette
Drifting

Yeah my window bowed out about 4" when i was at 160 mph on the track!

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tilt???

Quick Reply: Window Tilt???