Sponsored by:

Corbeau A4's - something about em' =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
FUN LS1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
Default Corbeau A4's - something about em' =)

I keep looking at them. They aren't horribly overpriced, look good, and fit in the car.

Anyone have pix of them in black leather? I don't know if cloth would really match anything in the interior.

I'm thinking about picking up a set in March for my birthday, just have a few questions:

What's this I hear about swapping passenger and driver sides?
Anyone set up power motors or use the factory seat motors?
Best prices for seats and rails?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I like mine

Yes, you have to install the passanger seat on the drivers side and the drivers seat on the passanger side. Its really no big deal. No power available. I can say that if you have telescoping steering wheel, it will not work unless the seat motor is hooked up or you create a new circuit. I had a friend of mine make a wiring conglomeration to make mine still work. Here are the pics

Here is the wiring my buddy did

Old 01-06-2008, 06:49 PM
kingsey
Melting Slicks

How much did they set you back total?
Old 01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
edensknight
Race Director

Well done, Chris! IMHO: There is nothing quite as stunning as a red interior seat theme in a Black C5 Vette. And, as you have discovered, with a little creative ingenuity, one can install custom aftermarket seats, as well as, make all power seat options fully functional, with well thought out structural and electrical modifications. Bravo!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:34 PM
threewinmag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the A4's in black leather in a 2000 FRC. Yes, you need to swap the two sides to get them to fit, especially if you plan to use the stock seatbelts. I also used the double locking rails and Corbeau 5 point harnesses. I thought they were a PITA to install without having girl hands to reach some of the bolts. There was also an issue with the thickness of the sub belt bar and the OEM stud length. You'll have to get someone to sit in the seat to get them to drop low enough to start the nut.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by kingsey
How much did they set you back total?
I dont really remember. I got them from LM Performance

Originally Posted by edensknight
Well done, Chris! IMHO: There is nothing quite as stunning as a red interior seat theme in a Black C5 Vette. And, as you have discovered, with a little creative ingenuity, one can install custom aftermarket seats, as well as, make all power seat options fully functional, with well thought out structural and electrical modifications. Bravo!
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it

Originally Posted by threewinmag
I have the A4's in black leather in a 2000 FRC. Yes, you need to swap the two sides to get them to fit, especially if you plan to use the stock seatbelts. I also used the double locking rails and Corbeau 5 point harnesses. I thought they were a PITA to install without having girl hands to reach some of the bolts. There was also an issue with the thickness of the sub belt bar and the OEM stud length. You'll have to get someone to sit in the seat to get them to drop low enough to start the nut.
I didnt have to have anyone sit in mine. I installed them in about an hour
Old 11-30-2008, 12:29 PM
DAYUIZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
I can say that if you have telescoping steering wheel, it will not work unless the seat motor is hooked up or you create a new circuit.
Does that mean the steering wheel is stuck at the position you have it in when you install your seat? It move back to a fully retracted position or anything does it? I like my steering wheel all the way out, farthest from the dashboard.

-Steve
Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 PM
dixonk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Those seats are super sexy. If I didn't get the steal I did on my C6Z06 seats that was on my next to do list.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau A4's - something about em' =)

Quick Reply: Corbeau A4's - something about em' =)