Sponsored by:

tiger shark

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default tiger shark

just got tiger shark front end anybody got install pics?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM
04cad
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Maybe someone will have a reply this time. Afternoon bump!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry - no pics. It was EXTREMELY straightforward to install. Reuse the stock push-pin thingies across the top. You'll need to lift the front of the car to get to the screws (believe they're 7mm) holding everything together on both sides. Remove the access panels underneath the corner lights and you should see the screws that hold everything together. Been a while since I did mine.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Independent1
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Here is a link to some pics I found through a google search.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Look up member Cobra4B. He has some nice pics of his tigershark front. Looks great. My brother is getting one installed on his car over the winter.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer
Sorry - no pics. It was EXTREMELY straightforward to install. Reuse the stock push-pin thingies across the top. You'll need to lift the front of the car to get to the screws (believe they're 7mm) holding everything together on both sides. Remove the access panels underneath the corner lights and you should see the screws that hold everything together. Been a while since I did mine.
MINE CAME WITH SOME RIVETS DID YOURS I GOT MINE FROM WCMC A FOURM VENDER HERE IT LOOKS GREAT ITS AT THE PAINTERS AS WE SPEAK GONNA REPLACE STOCK FOG FOR PIAA LIGHTS
Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm.. rivets? Not sure where you'd use those. I actually bought mine used (swapped my stocker with someone who bought his vette with a TS front already on and he didn't like it -- also happened to be pewter like mine). There weren't any rivet holes in it when I put it on. Some folks have mentioned using washers underneath the top pins to get it lined up with the hood. Mine lined up just fine though.

I also went the PIAA route, although if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go the HID fog route. One of my PIAA bulbs burnt out after 6 months and they're EXPENSIVE to replace!

Welcome to the TS front end club! Best cosmetic mod there is for the C5 IMO!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Originally Posted by SeaLawyer
Hmmm.. rivets? Not sure where you'd use those. I actually bought mine used (swapped my stocker with someone who bought his vette with a TS front already on and he didn't like it -- also happened to be pewter like mine). There weren't any rivet holes in it when I put it on. Some folks have mentioned using washers underneath the top pins to get it lined up with the hood. Mine lined up just fine though.

I also went the PIAA route, although if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go the HID fog route. One of my PIAA bulbs burnt out after 6 months and they're EXPENSIVE to replace!

Welcome to the TS front end club! Best cosmetic mod there is for the C5 IMO!
without a doubt its the best mod out their it says rivet the steel headlight opening reinforcements into the new fascia also looking at the hid lighting my next mod will be the non pop up lights from race on
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
LV_2_XLR8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

This is the best I can do. Sorry there's no step by step photos, but at least you can see how stuff looks when it's apart.

You can see where you have to remove the screws attaching the headlights and where the clips are located along the bottom of the radiator dam.

It's pretty straight forward as one of the other Forum members mentioned. Once you get started, it will become pretty clear, but if you run into trouble one of us will be glad to help you out.

Originally Posted by RIPPENIT
MINE CAME WITH SOME RIVETS DID YOURS?
The rivets are to install the stiffeners that you have to remove from the stock front fascia. They are located where the headlight cut outs are. There should be little dimples to show you where to drill your 1/8th inch holes in the new fascia. You'll need a pop rivet tool.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

[QUOTE=LV_2_XLR8;1563783368]This is the best I can do. Sorry there's no step by step photos, but at least you can see how stuff looks when it's apart.

You can see where you have to remove the screws attaching the headlights and where the clips are located along the bottom of the radiator dam.

It's pretty straight forward as one of the other Forum members mentioned. Once you get started, it will become pretty clear, but if you run into trouble one of us will be glad to help you out.

The rivets are to install the stiffeners that you have to remove from the stock front fascia. They are located where the headlight cut outs are. There should be little dimples to show you where to drill your 1/8th inch holes in the new fascia. You'll need a pop rivet tool.[/Q

thanks for the pic did not know whole headlight *** needed to come out i guess i will do complete play by play with photos t/s are very popular and if you can save some money by doing it yourself like the nike com just do it.......
Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
LV_2_XLR8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RIPPENIT
thanks for the pic did not know whole headlight *** needed to come out i guess i will do complete play by play with photos t/s are very popular and if you can save some money by doing it yourself like the nike com just do it.......
It would be great for you to capture the whole process and post it here. I'm sure many members would appreciate seeing just what is involved.

If you have small enough hands you can probably get away without taking out the headlight assemblies, but it makes it much easier with them out of the way. The fender bolts are a bear to get to otherwise. And don't forget you have to modify the foglight brackets if you got that option. I would hate to attempt this with the headlights in place. There's just no room to work.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:12 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

No help here but I saw mine at the shop today. One of the owners put one on his vette which is one reason I'm having his shop do it. I get it back tomorrow.

Good luck.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
RIPPENIT
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris

just love the way the ts looks on the c5 im gonna have a machine shop make me a superman emblem with corvette going across the middle put it in the middle of the ts grill
Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 AM
davcose01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished my Tigershark front end on my 01 vert, very easy install and a great fit. I think someone has already said but the rivets go around the openings for the headlights, you take the ones off of the stock front end and put the stiffeners on the Tigershark.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I have large hands and I didn't need to remove the headlamps... that's the only place where I deviated from the Tecstar instructions as they're wonderful.

Get notified of new replies

To tiger shark

Quick Reply: tiger shark