Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Service Manual DVD....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM
427frc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed it correctly, but it still says I need to install the data! Is there something blocking it from showing the data? I extracted the data, ran the data setup and update and it still asks to install the data!
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
LS1 REDBIRD
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keeping this thread alive I too purchased the DVD and cannot open it. I read all the instructions and even watched the video. I am running XP with IE and meet all the requirements. Keeps telling me I need to install Standalone Data. This is making me feel computer retarded.:o
Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Are you sure you installed the Standalone Data? Page 4 of the instructions contains the steps to install the Standalone data and the Standalone Data Update. You have to watch the PC while doing this. My brand new Vista laptop stopped loading the data about half way through and I had to restart the process a couple of times before it went all the way through.

Bill
Old 07-17-2008, 03:21 PM
DeltaBravo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm interested in a DVD covering the 2001 Coupe, to use as a backup to the paper version I ordered from Gene Culley. Whoever has one, please PM the price and payment/shipping, etc.

Thanks.

Dennis
Old 07-19-2008, 02:06 PM
C5nKY
Pro

The biggest key to runing with Vista is to follow ALL directions, including remove ALL Java and shutdown ALL anti-virus, firewall and spyware removal programs.

And remove ALL previous copies and partial installs of the program!!

Or, since we guys don't like to follow directions, have the wife, GF or both install it for you!!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
zbedro
Heel & Toe

Default 2008 corvette service manual dvd

Has anyone still have the 2008 corvette service manual dvd?
or do you know where can I get it ?

Thank you
Old 05-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Bruisr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zbedro

Thank you
Anything for Apple computer ?
Old 05-27-2015, 09:20 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by zbedro

Thank you
I have DVDs that cover up to 2008 if you want a copy. I use them to help with other year cars besides mine. They may not have everything the hardcopy does but it should be at least 98% as much, or I just could not find the info.

I know they work in the Windows environment.

PM me with a mailing address.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 PM
mnotx
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I inherited a DVD when a friend sold his vette. I do not have the installation instruction, however. Does anyone have a set of instructions they would be willing to email me at mnotx3@gmail.com
Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by mnotx
I inherited a DVD when a friend sold his vette. I do not have the installation instruction, however. Does anyone have a set of instructions they would be willing to email me at mnotx3@gmail.com
what kind of DVD ? repair manual ? if your using Win 10 the default reader is Edge (it doesn't like PDF files) and most manuals use PDF files so use Acrobat Reader.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mnotx
Attached file is the install instructions for eSI, covering vehicles from 1997-2005. This is not for the DVD with the PDF file manuals.
Originally intended for use with Win XP and IE browser.
Install on a computer running XP and you shouldn't have a problem. Follow the instructions exactly.

There are ways to run this program on newer operating systems but I'm not going to get into that.

Any of the newer browsers do not support the TIFF viewer plugin that the setup program installs. The zoom function in the eSI program will not work. Just zoom the screen size in the browser you are running. (Far right icon in the browser tool bar will open the zoom function.) I'm using Chrome. Firefox also worked.

The step most people mess up is after extracting the data files, you have to find the setup program for the SIDATA on the C drive and run that, and then do the same for the update.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
eSI Install instructions.pdf (214.5 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Greg_E; 10-26-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:30 PM
mnotx
Racer

Thank you very much. Just what I needed. I bought a used laptop running XP Pro and IE6, so it should install nicely.

Originally Posted by Greg_E
Attached file is the install instructions for eSI, covering vehicles from 1997-2005. This is not for the DVD with the PDF file manuals.
Originally intended for use with Win XP and IE browser.
Install on a computer running XP and you shouldn't have a problem. Follow the instructions exactly.

There are ways to run this program on newer operating systems but I'm not going to get into that.

Any of the newer browsers do not support the TIFF viewer plugin that the setup program installs. The zoom function in the eSI program will not work. Just zoom the screen size in the browser you are running. (Far right icon in the browser tool bar will open the zoom function.) I'm using Chrome. Firefox also worked.

The step most people mess up is after extracting the data files, you have to find the setup program for the SIDATA on the C drive and run that, and then do the same for the update.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 PM
mnotx
Racer

It is the SI service program on DVD. Will install on XP w/iE6.

Originally Posted by akapounder
what kind of DVD ? repair manual ? if your using Win 10 the default reader is Edge (it doesn't like PDF files) and most manuals use PDF files so use Acrobat Reader.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

There is a DVD Service Manual that can be loaded in a Virtual Machine on your PC. It is the same application that GM dealers used in their shops. Covers all GM vehicles from 1997 through 2009. Loads on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and can be loaded from a USB stick. It is similar to the older version some have been talking about that covered 97-05 cars but it loads differently. It uses about 8 GB of space on your hard drive. The VMWare virtual machine is a back level but you can update to Version 12.1 which will work.

Bill
Old 11-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
There is a DVD Service Manual that can be loaded in a Virtual Machine on your PC. It is the same application that GM dealers used in their shops. Covers all GM vehicles from 1997 through 2009. Loads on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and can be loaded from a USB stick. It is similar to the older version some have been talking about that covered 97-05 cars but it loads differently. It uses about 8 GB of space on your hard drive. The VMWare virtual machine is a back level but you can update to Version 12.1 which will work.

Bill
Bill,
I haven't seen those for sale in a while now. There were two people selling those when I looked a few months back. I just checked one of the sellers and he had manuals on DVD for Fords and some other vehicles but no GM. I was wondering if maybe they got a call from GM Legal Department.

Last edited by Greg_E; 11-03-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Greg_E
Bill,
I haven't seen those for sale in a while now. There were two people selling those when I looked a few months back. I just checked one of the sellers and he had manuals on DVD for Fords and some other vehicles but no GM. I was wondering if maybe they got a call from GM Legal Department.
Maybe, I believe they were copies of a program that was purchased from a defunct dealership that liquidated its assets back in 2009.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 11-03-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Service Manual DVD....