Sponsored by:

Which fuse for the CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 AM
ayeroff
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Which fuse for the CD Changer

Does anyone know which fuse or fuses are for the CD Changer?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Your owners manual should have the information. If you don't have an owners manual, go to GMPARTSHOUSE (site supporting vendor) on the main menu page, column to the left.
Gene Culley has links for owners manuals of all years which you can download for free.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 PM
chrisrojo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the radio works but the CD Changer in the back doesn't- Would this be a Fuse issue or a dead CD changer?

Newbe- Any suggestions??

Thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisrojo
If the radio works but the CD Changer in the back doesn't- Would this be a Fuse issue or a dead CD changer?

Newbe- Any suggestions??

Thanks
You might consider putting the full symptoms in your post inquiries in the future.
There is an audio forum on the main menu page down towards the bottom. They might be of help to you...or, they'll tell you to dump the oem CD changer for an IPOD or other (expensive) system.
I have a 12 disc oem changer installed in my Z16 which works great for me, so I suggest you try to diagnose the problem before giving up for other technology.
Did the CD changer suddenly stop functioning? Did you have any previous symptoms or service work done prior to the changer not working? Do you routinely store other items in the center cubby hole where the changer is mounted?
My only suggestion would be to check the connections. The main harness connections are under the passenger side foot well in the fuse panel area. You should be able to trace the harness from along the passenger side door trim panel and kick panel. The other connection is obviously at the CD changer in the trunk. Check both of them for connectivity (a word?) and/or damage/corrosion.
Some have reported various issues with their oem CD changers, which were magically (FM) resolved by simply unplugging the changer, then reconnecting.
The CD changer has to go through a cycle when you install a loaded magazine and before you press the button on the radio. It takes a few seconds for the cycle to complete, during which time you should see a flashing icon on the radio. You should hear an audible whirring noise from the changer. When the cycle is complete, you should see the icon stop flashing and the CD changer ready to play.
You might try a search this forum in either C5 General, C5 Tech or the Audio forum. The function is in the red banner. Use keywords of "cd changer" or similar.
I found this one...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2015259

Last edited by hotwheels57; 05-09-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Which fuse for the CD Changer

Quick Reply: Which fuse for the CD Changer