Default memory seats

when ever I tried to set my memory on my seats it only works half the time
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 AM
GrayC5
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ontcanuck
when ever I tried to set my memory on my seats it only works half the time
I'm not sure I and others here are following your question and you may need to clarify. Are you saying you're having trouble programming your car's memory? Or are you saying that once the memory is programmed, the memory recall function only works part (half) of the time?

If you're having problems with the memory recall, are you pressing the UNLOCK button on your key FOB each time before opening the door and entering the car? Pressing the UNLOCK button on the FOB is what initiates the recall function that starts when the key is placed into the ignition. Get into the habit of pressing the UNLOCK button each time before opening the door and entering the car and see if this helps. Too, the door must be closed before inserting the key. Otherwise, you will have to push the memory button on the door to complete the recall. This is the way the system is designed. Also, certain actions such as removing the key or cranking the engine before memory recall is complete will interrupt the recall and you will then have to use the door memory button to complete the recall. This and more should all be covered in your owner's manual under Keyless Entry System and Memory and you may want to review those sections.

HTH and Good Luck!

Quick Reply: memory seats