A Mod for people driving slow in the passing lane

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default A Mod for people driving slow in the passing lane

I am considering mounting two of those toy rockets on the front of my car and a trigger for launching them from inside the car. Would fill their noses with paint and totally screw up the cars paint job in front of me.
I am so sick of Ohio and the brain dead drivers that do 35 and 40 in the passing lane.
Here in Ohio there is no law about driving on the right lane and passing only on the left.
These people are total azzhats. They should take the bus.
Sorry, it just felt good to rant.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would enjoy the movie "If I Had a Million". It's about a dying millionaire who pickes 8 names out of the phone book and gives each a million dollars. One of the characters who recieves a million is W. C. Fields. He buys a fleet of cars and hires drivers for each one then goes hunting for bad drivers. So when he encounters someone driving slow in front of him (called road hogs) he sends one of his fleet to crash into the offender and knock him off the road. Ah the good old days.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:07 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

HAHA... in illinois slow drivers must move right yet I seem to be in teh right lane passing all the time. It kills me ppl doing 5 under in left lane on there cell phone then when you pass and get infront of them they give u the WTF look
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
AU Eagle
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11, '14

I say Ohio drops the Front Plate law and add the Pass Left Lane only.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by WorkinForTheVette

A friend of mine is a WV State cop and they wait on 70 right out of Ohio for people who ride the passing lane. They sure keep up the revenue for the state.
WV changed their driving lane/passing lane law two years back and Ohio drives have yet to get the hint.
He said they busted some woman from Zanesville twice in one day.

Got an 82 buck ticket for seatbelts. I was pulling into a gas station, pulled off my belt to make sure I had my wallet and a state trooper lit me up. It was for front plate, I quickly removed the velcroed on cover and the barstool wrote me for moving the care without wearing my belt.
Had to get me on something I guess.
He did say the car looked great.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
AU Eagle
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11, '14

Staties are the worst.

Local cops just stare at the car...staties pursue me
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I was thinkin that this morning when all the *** hats where in the left hand lane doing 40 in a 50. All 4 of them I was like wtf!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 PM
vettelover84
Melting Slicks

Colorado HAS the law, saying you have to get over in the right lane when not passing. Yet people still decide its a good idea to sit in the fast lane at 5-10 mph below the speed limit!!!

This is dangerous because I want to RAM people that do this kind of thing, and if a cop or emergeny vehicle is trying to get through traffic, they have to slow down for the idiot in the fast lane!!!!

I really want to install a brush guard on the Z for this!!! Something like this!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
CamachoSF
Racer

This reminds me of the news brief on KOMO 4 news the other night.

The speed limit around here on I5 is 60mph. If youre doing 62mph in the fast lane and there are 4 cars behind you, YOU get the ticket for impeding traffic. Now if youre doing 62 and youre alone, you can get a ticket for speeding. You just cant win.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It's the same here in PA, except it's the unenforced law that you "can't" ride in the left lane. It's more like the right lane is the passing lane now.

I just got back from Arizona last night and it was a true pleasure driving there because the people aren't brain dead and know how to drive.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
CamachoSF
Racer

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
It's the same here in PA, except it's the unenforced law that you "can't" ride in the left lane. It's more like the right lane is the passing lane now.

I just got back from Arizona last night and it was a true pleasure driving there because the people aren't brain dead and know how to drive.

Must be a southwest thing, texans move out of the way, ive only had to flash the highbeams a handful of times. People up here in washington are too busy talking on cell phones and drinking starbucks. (sorry, had to use starbucks, cant go 1 mile without seeing one )
Old 06-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Rans03
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by WorkinForTheVette
I'm a two time recipient of the "no front plate award" and I couldn't agree more!!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Enemy
Le Mans Master

people here generally move out of the way, not sure if it's a law out here or not but if they don't move then I reach into my glove box and whip out the air horn, its great

Last edited by Enemy; 06-26-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:34 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 322 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

In Missouri you are required by law to use the left lane for passing only (and NO you can't sit in the left lane even if you are doing the legal speed limit). You can be ticketed for passing on the right.

Trouble is, most people don't care. It's a universal low IQ thing.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:10 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

This evening my wife and I were driving in the HOV lane and some ASSHAT infront of us was driving 45 MPH in a 60MPH area. The other 3 lanes were blowing by us at 70MPH. The next car in front of him was 3/4 of a mile ahead and pulling away.

Finally pulled around them and made sure I gave them the fully extended out the window digital salute.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Kamil D.
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
HAHA... in illinois slow drivers must move right yet I seem to be in teh right lane passing all the time. It kills me ppl doing 5 under in left lane on there cell phone then when you pass and get infront of them they give u the WTF look
and then they Catch up to you and pass you then slow down when you pas him again driving the same speed you always did they will sped up again and pass you
Old 06-25-2008, 06:25 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Same problem here in Utah.....stupid drivers are everywhere!

Get notified of new replies

To A Mod for people driving slow in the passing lane

Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Default left lane-fast lane

Detroit doesn't seem to have this problem on 696 or 94; 'course, with all the construction zones, we don't get up much over 50 anyways...

In the free areas of the highways, if your'e not doing 80-85 in the left lane, you run the risk of getting run over. People aren't shy about it either; they'll come right up on your **** and sit there. I generally don't have that problem though, it might be the big 'ole LEO star on my plate...that's in the Yukon; in the 'vette, ppl see "trakrat" (the plate) and think it's go time! I've had asshats follow me over into the #3 lane trying to egg me into a "spirited cruise" while going home after work.
And yes, EVERY-FREAKIN'-FEMALE on the road's got a celly in her ear!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Millward
Advanced

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
oh yes the sweet IL driving. I am stationed in CO now and I would give anything to be driving in Chicago on some days. These people up here will stare so hard at your vette they start to pull into your lane.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Get a big ole honkin Hummer and run over them!

Quick Reply: A Mod for people driving slow in the passing lane