Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't Open Trunk!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 AM
skillzilla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Open Trunk!!!

I think some lowbrow tried to break into my trunk while I was out of town(Airport Parking Lot). This evening, when I was driving top down home, my tonneau cover came flying up at 80mph or so. Now, when I try to close it, it overlaps with the trunk at their intersection, about an eigth of an inch or so.

They're rubbing, so I can't open the trunk, and when I have it like this, the tonneau is not closed very well. I thought I could just adjust the tonneau forward, but when I unbolted it and pulled it forward, about an eight of an inch or so, and rebolted it, it still closes down on the trunk.

I don't know what is broken or bent, but now the tonneau doesn't close right and the trunk doesn't open. Being the convertible driver that I am, I removed all the bolts holding the tonneau down and manually lined it up with the top down so I can open the trunk.

I did a few 80mph drags to see if it would fly open, but It didn't pop open like the freeway. I think since it didn't get a good latch when I left the airport is why it flew open on the freeway.

Needless to say I need to get this fixed, but it looks like it's just a bolt-on solution for the hinge and tonneau. Is anyone familiar with this or do I need to take it into a dealership/mechanic so they can vette tax me?

Thanks!

-_Sf

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't Open Trunk!!!