HVAC Blower not working HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
nickwfd92
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default HVAC Blower not working HELP?

Hello
Today when it was really hot and My wife and I went to Drive home from NJ, The Blower for the HVAC stopped working.

It worked this morning then we parked the car and went on w walk and came back and it stopped working, All the fuses were checked and in working order, the AC light, the Rec or outside air lights light up, I can hear the vacum switch work to change the vents but the fan speed switch does nothing, Is there another fuse or is the blower motor blown. It is a 2000 Coupe with the non digital HVAC controls.

Any help would be greatly aprisiated. THANK YOU
Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

odds are there's some kind of crud in your blower. it's located under the passenger footwell. and should be easy access once you get the panel off.

While you're there, Look at fuses 18 and 27 under the passenger footwell. Try replacing them even if they look okay. (somtimes they partially fry)
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM
bestvettever
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blower Motor

Originally Posted by nickwfd92
Hello
Today when it was really hot and My wife and I went to Drive home from NJ, The Blower for the HVAC stopped working.

It worked this morning then we parked the car and went on w walk and came back and it stopped working, All the fuses were checked and in working order, the AC light, the Rec or outside air lights light up, I can hear the vacum switch work to change the vents but the fan speed switch does nothing, Is there another fuse or is the blower motor blown. It is a 2000 Coupe with the non digital HVAC controls.

Any help would be greatly aprisiated. THANK YOU
Hi the info you need is in the below link
Good Luck
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2092511
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
nickwfd92
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for your help,
I pulled the maxi fuse and it was fine, I pulled the blower out and pulled out a bunch of crap. Re-instaled it after i bench tested the motor and also the conector and was getting 11.99 volts at the conector. put it all back together and it worked fine.
I did go over some really bumpy roads the other day and it could have made the pile of crap fall and jam the motor.
Thank you again this site is the best
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 PM
bandc144
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced blower control module based on info from other thread that indicated likely cause for blower not working was the resistor pack. I have the dual control auto a/c. Still does not work. Will pull blower motor and check for debris. Will hit it a couple times first. Had pulled blower fuse 51 in panel under passenger side before replacing bc module. Had slight blue flash when reinstalling. Pulled fuse and appeared OK. What next? Can autozone do bench test on blower motor?

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC Blower not working HELP?

Quick Reply: HVAC Blower not working HELP?