Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Drivers Seat Problem (Not Seat Rock)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:30 PM
EVs_C5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Strange Drivers Seat Problem (Not Seat Rock)

So i have a strange problem with my drivers seat when i start my car. When i get in and start it the seat moves back, not like its loose on the rails, but as if you were pushing the side button to move the seat back electrically. it moves like 2-3 inches sometimes and its really annoying bc i always have to move it up again...ive tried to set the seat memory to the position i want and it still moves the seat back to something completely different than the position ive set in the memory...

does anyone know whats wrong here or have had a similar problem?? its REALLY annoying

Thanks guys

Evan
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Have you tried resynching your key fob to the appropriate memory setting - fob #1 to memory #1 and fob #2 to memory #2? The computer keys on the fob you use to unlock the car with and activates that memory setting.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM
EVs_C5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
Have you tried resynching your key fob to the appropriate memory setting - fob #1 to memory #1 and fob #2 to memory #2? The computer keys on the fob you use to unlock the car with and activates that memory setting.

how do you sync it up? does it automatically sync up to that key when you start the car? ive always used the same key. plus it doesnt always happen...but its starting to get worse
Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Frozenfire
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVs_C5
how do you sync it up? does it automatically sync up to that key when you start the car? ive always used the same key. plus it doesnt always happen...but its starting to get worse
It sounds like you have your "easy egress" option turned on. I leave that feature turned on because I'm vertically challenged and it makes it easier on my back. My seat position memory acts very schizzy sometimes. When my A/C condensate udders clogged up, it caused the body control module (above the accelerator) to get soaked which made the seat move while I was driving. I don't know why the driver seat memory acts so funky, but I don't think it's your key-sync judging from your comments.

Anyone else?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Possible, Frozenfire. However, the A/C condensate drain is a single, small elbow above the BCM which is situated in the passenger's footwell next to the inside fuse box. Pull the passenger foot rest cover off and you'll see them there.

Get notified of new replies

To Strange Drivers Seat Problem (Not Seat Rock)

Quick Reply: Strange Drivers Seat Problem (Not Seat Rock)