Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Flares

Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 AM
VETTE47
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Flares

I thinking about getting fender flares for the rear quarters and adding c6 Z-06 tires & wheels does the speedo need to be re-calibrated because of the larger tires?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
NIKDSC5
Burning Brakes

well I just hope you know that you will also have to run wheel spacers, either that or mini tub the rear. As per your question Im not sure. go to google and search tire diameter calculator and type in what ever the stock size is and then what ever the new wheels is and compare. I would take a personal guess to say that if they are with in 5mm of each other to leave it be but anything larger I might have it recalibrated, my dyno tuner does it for free and it was fast. although I am a customer of his you know... any way you also have to make sure the front and rear tiers stay the same diameter for the abs and traction control. just like it is stock, like the rear tires are 40's the front are 45's etc etc or... you can just say f**k it and put the wheels on, find a speed trap set up in your town and drive past it so you know how far off your speedo is and live with it. all up to you
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 AM
jacks996
Jacks996
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I would not use the actual c6 rims, you can buy look alikes that are made for the c5. speedo does not have to be calibrated. I went to 19's all around and it stayed the same.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 AM
kww
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 20/19 set up with 335/30/20 PS2's on the back. We have a number of speed signs that alerts you to your speed. My speedo and heads up exactly match those signs-time and time again. I haven't done a recalibration. As far as radar goes I couldn't tell you. Valentine One-don't leave home without it.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM
versatile
Drifting

Originally Posted by VETTE47
I thinking about getting fender flares for the rear quarters and adding c6 Z-06 tires & wheels does the speedo need to be re-calibrated because of the larger tires?
No. overall diameter is the same
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 PM
ktownDawg
Pro

Just added my C6 rims

My sons car has the flared rear quarters

Get notified of new replies

To Fender Flares

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fender Flares