Sponsored by:

Alternate jack spots

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
AZBrewer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternate jack spots

I tried jacking up the front of my car, with my own jacking puck and I caved in the point where you are suppose to put the puck. No damage to the fiberglass, but almost.

I made sure the puck was directly over the hole and did not touch the fiberglass. Now the metal is indented, weak, and I can not use those spots to jack up the car.

Any other suggestions for alternative spots to jack up the front of the car?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Here you go:

Old 02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Point & Shoot
Racer

Originally Posted by AZBrewer
I tried jacking up the front of my car, with my own jacking puck and I caved in the point where you are suppose to put the puck. No damage to the fiberglass, but almost.

I made sure the puck was directly over the hole and did not touch the fiberglass. Now the metal is indented, weak, and I can not use those spots to jack up the car.

Any other suggestions for alternative spots to jack up the front of the car?
Don't sweat this. At the holes where you insert the hook part of the puck, there is a donut like ring that is riveted inside the frame. If it's not perfectly oriented in the opening, then the first time you jack with the puck at that location, it will "cave in" slightly until it hits the thicker donut.

Just glue 2 hockey pucks together to get some extra height so you don't chance hitting the fiberglass.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
AZBrewer
Instructor

I also have a frame saver installed. I piece of metal that runs lengthwise to protect the car from speed bumbs.

I can fit the hockey puck right on the hole. I made my own that is about 6" X 1.5 X 1.5. It fits the area good and disperces the weight a little better. Maybe this was a mistake.

The whole area is caved in way too much. It was bowing my fender out when I lifted it up. Scarred the ^&*( out of me.

Getting to the other points in the front may be a trick. I have ramps, but....

Get notified of new replies

To Alternate jack spots

Quick Reply: Alternate jack spots