Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Prefer? Light Interior Color OR A Dark Interior Color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Joshua17
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do You Prefer? Light Interior Color OR A Dark Interior Color?

Hi everyone, just a young fellow corvette enthusiast looking to buy a C5 in the coming months. Anyway i'm curious as to what most people prefer for the color of their interior or whatever color they were after for their interior when they were looking for a C5. I pretty much have a certain C5 i'm after...Has to be Black Exterior, 6-speed, 98-01 coupe (my price range), relatively low km's (under 80,000kms) etc etc...but the interior color hmm
I was set on finding one with Tan interior cause i'm a fan of the black/tan combo as I own a 90GTA with that color combo but its hard to find a C5 here in Canada with all those things plus that tan interior color. I also do like the light grey interior color now too so that a possibilty. So I realized I slightly prefer the lighter interior colors. It seems however though that at least 50% or more of C5's came with black leather interior. I don't mind it at all and do like it but just not sure I would like it as much as the lighter colors. Maybe it would grow on me. Just seems I can find a few C5's with everything I want as mentioned above but the interior color I prefer (tan or grey).
Anyway what interior color do you have or what is your preference? Does/did it matter to you when you were looking for your C5? Also could someone please put up a few unmolested black leather interior pictures for me to get a better look at so maybe I can come to like it more which would make my search possibly a tad easier.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Mile High C5
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Black. I always like a black interior regardless of the exterior color. Never shows dirt, shines good, and manly!!

Originally Posted by Joshua17
Hi everyone, just a young fellow corvette enthusiast looking to buy a C5 in the coming months. Anyway i'm curious as to what most people prefer for the color of their interior or whatever color they were after for their interior when they were looking for a C5. I pretty much have a certain C5 i'm after...Has to be Black Exterior, 6-speed, 98-01 coupe (my price range), relatively low km's (under 80,000kms) etc etc...but the interior color hmm
I was set on finding one with Tan interior cause i'm a fan of the black/tan combo as I own a 90GTA with that color combo but its hard to find a C5 here in Canada with all those things plus that tan interior color. I also do like the light grey interior color now too so that a possibilty. So I realized I slightly prefer the lighter interior colors. It seems however though that at least 50% or more of C5's came with black leather interior. I don't mind it at all and do like it but just not sure I would like it as much as the lighter colors. Maybe it would grow on me. Just seems I can find a few C5's with everything I want as mentioned above but the interior color I prefer (tan or grey).
Anyway what interior color do you have or what is your preference? Does/did it matter to you when you were looking for your C5? Also could someone please put up a few unmolested black leather interior pictures for me to get a better look at so maybe I can come to like it more which would make my search possibly a tad easier.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Black and love it.... Its easy to keep up and theres so much you could do with black my car is Torch red so I plan on dressing up my interior with red accents with a black exterior and interior you could make the interior trimmed out in almost any color which would be sick Thats my opinion good luck with your decision
Old 03-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Carcass
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A co-worker of mine has a Nassau Blue '99 with Light Oak interior,Mines a Nassau'98 with Black.
I'm sure it's just me,but the Light Oak seems kinda,"toyota-ish"or something to me,the Black seems more suited to a sports car.
At least it's more suited to MY sports car...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:45 AM
WildTurkey
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All are nice, but don't forget about TR (or Mod Red)

Old 03-29-2009, 02:46 AM
AIKMAN8
Racer

It really doesn't make any sense to ask this question. What if everybody on the forum likes Black, is this going to make you like the light colors any less?????? I have Black and love it. I trimmed it with Red, lap cooler, glove box Red Carbon fiber, etc, looks just awesome. But how does that help you if you like Tan? I personally wouldn't buy a car with a Tan interior unless I was buying it for my grandmother but if you like it, it's your money, and you're the one who has to get in it everyday. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make a decision that you will be happy with. Who cares what everybody else thinks? Good luck,
Old 03-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Joshua17
Instructor

Originally Posted by AIKMAN8
It really doesn't make any sense to ask this question. What if everybody on the forum likes Black, is this going to make you like the light colors any less?????? I have Black and love it. I trimmed it with Red, lap cooler, glove box Red Carbon fiber, etc, looks just awesome. But how does that help you if you like Tan? I personally wouldn't buy a car with a Tan interior unless I was buying it for my grandmother but if you like it, it's your money, and you're the one who has to get in it everyday. So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make a decision that you will be happy with. Who cares what everybody else thinks? Good luck,
I wasn't going to change my opinion based on what others said, just aside from me, I was curious what others like the best or have...maybe it seemed to you like I was trying to find out what others like so I could choose the majority but that wasn't the intention.. I also wanted to see some black leather interior pictures to get a better look at them thats all. Thanks anyway though
Old 03-29-2009, 04:27 AM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have black interior in mine. I don't really care too much for the lighter colors, but a black/red or black/gray combo I think would be as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 AM
realvc
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

When I was vette hunting my requirements were it had to be a vert and a 6spd. Beyond that I tried to stay open to what was in my price range. I ended up with a Torch Red, vert, 6spd, with the tan interior. The dash is black and the door panels have the black and tan, the carpets and seats are tan the top is tan. I love it. Others have what they love or they change it into what they love. It is hard to find exactly what we want when buying used vettes, but who knows your dream ride might be in the next ad you read.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 AM
vette54728702
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me it depends on the color of the car. Black car's look great with black, red, grey, tan, other... interiors..... but then again, a black car would be awesome and unique with white interior... would be a real eye catcher.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 AM
wildbadbill
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a TransAm before and I traded a car to get the oak interior instead of black.
When I was shopping for my C5 I didn't even look at black interiors.
In my opinion black is monotonous and depressing.I love my oak/black combination,makes me smile ever time I get inside....
Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AIKMAN8
I would love to see pics of your black interior with the red carbon fiber accents!

Back to OP topic, I have black and love it. Mostly for all the stated reasons, easy to keep clean, always looks good etc. The only downside is I own a convertible and live in Florida. It gets smoking hot in the summer with the top down.

On the plus side, black IMO is the best color to add colored accents. You can trim it out as far as you want or as little as you want. However, I have also seen some very nice black/tan combos that are stock. The only exceptions I believe are the 50th Anniversary (2003) and Commemorative (2004) editions that have shale dashboards. The rest have black dashboards with either single tone (black) or two-tone interiors.

However, go with what looks good for you. Base it on your initial reaction when you see the car. That's what I did when I came across my Spiral Gray with black interior Verte. It looked great the first time I saw it.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My interior had to be black. Never a big fan of any of the others.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:11 AM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mile High C5
Black. I always like a black interior regardless of the exterior color. Never shows dirt, shines good, and manly!!
Black is the only was to go.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 AM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Half the interior is always Black!!!!

I did not want 3 colors, so because my exterior is Mag Red, I stayed with all black interior. You got to look at the car as a whole thing.

With a black exterior, any interior colors will look more like accent colors. Black and Tan or Gray or Red all sound nice - but then again - I would never have a black exterior - so I guess that is a whole different conversation.

Best advice - just look at it as one single item - it catches your eye or it does not.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Have both red on black and black on red C5's with the interiors pictured below. Love 'em both but would go with all black interior if I could only have one.

Last edited by Patches; 03-29-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

What Do You Prefer? Light Interior Color OR A Dark Interior Color?
from age 16 through about 40... BLACK, and only black

from 40 on; everything - except for black.

I just got burned-out with a dark dreary interior.

Get notified of new replies

To What Do You Prefer? Light Interior Color OR A Dark Interior Color?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
UNKNOWN
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

cashmiere works for me, grey is my second choice
Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM
04 commemorative
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

My 02 Mill. Yellow vert had black,showed all the dust and everything blended together.
My 04 Commemorative Edition has the Shale and I love it. Easy to keep clean,does not show every piece of lint or dust and everything on the dash are defined better.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:47 AM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

No offense intended to anyone with a black interior, but they look pretty generic to me. I started out wanting a black/black coupe and wound up with a black/black/light gray convertible. This is not quite the way I bought the car - but I kept the color theme when I added a Vette Essentials interior. The gray is cooler, but I have gotten tons of compliments on it over almost 6 years......and you don't see this combination that often.

Quick Reply: What Do You Prefer? Light Interior Color OR A Dark Interior Color?