Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flush mounted my tail lights and Rejex'ed, awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
BenC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Flush mounted my tail lights and Rejex'ed, awesome!

I had to flush my tail lights as a DD, the dirt that would collect in the recesses was too much to take. I really like the recessed look better but for the sake of cleanliness, I'm ok with the flushing of the tail lights as I'm more practical than worried about the looks of the car, it is still a Corvette after all. Camera phone pics, not the best but good enough for sure;

I put seals on that only go 1/2 way around, and at least so far, they are doing a decent job as I've washed the car twice since Sunday in preparation of the RejeX job I did last night and this morning;

The RejeX went on and off pretty well and reminded me a lot of the NuFinish stuff I have been using on my truck and boat but no white poweder that comes off when it is dried. The car feels so much slicker with the RejeX as well but this could be because it was the first time I have ever clay bar'd anything, or the fact that the clearcoat and the finish on the car was pretty smooth to begin with as I had washed it with Dawn once, clay bar'd it, washed again with Dawn then RejeX'd.

The scary part is that when putting on the sealant and taking it off, all the scratches and dings that I see on the car that I would otherwise never even notice, but as I bought the car used and so far it has been running just fine, I'm ok with all the flaws and blemishes as I did not get a Virgin, ha!

At least spring is here in New England/Massachusetts and all the pollens, saps and bugs will be out soon and with the 2 coats of RejeX on the car, I know I'm protected and can just enjoy the car and either rinse it off or wash it knowing that the sealant will stay on for a long time but who am I kidding, first chance I get to put another coat of the stuff on the car, I'm doing it. Awesome!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM
NastySVT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ben the car looks good. Cant wait to go cruising! I myself cant stand/dirt build up in the taillights, but not sure how i feel about the flush look. Ill have to see yours in person.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
c5blkvetteguy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the flush mount and seals as well. I like the look better and not dealing with the dirt issue is a bonus.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 PM
BenC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not totally hooked on the lights but after a while, I don't even notice them flushed out, I know I absolutely won't miss the crud that seems to find its way in that lip and just stays there. No worries now.

I can't wait to meet up with you guys as well as you have all probably forgotten more than I even know, ha!

I'm sure the look will grow on me, it ain't all that bad, plus, it is a Corvette anyway and most don't know the difference anyhow. My wife sure had no clue.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Nicely done
Old 03-31-2009, 05:41 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Looking good

Chuck
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by BenC5
I had to flush my tail lights as a DD, the dirt that would collect in the recesses was too much to take. I really like the recessed look better but for the sake of cleanliness, I'm ok with the flushing of the tail lights as I'm more practical than worried about the looks of the car, it is still a Corvette after all. Camera phone pics, not the best but good enough for sure;

I put seals on that only go 1/2 way around, and at least so far, they are doing a decent job as I've washed the car twice since Sunday in preparation of the RejeX job I did last night and this morning;

The RejeX went on and off pretty well and reminded me a lot of the NuFinish stuff I have been using on my truck and boat but no white poweder that comes off when it is dried. The car feels so much slicker with the RejeX as well but this could be because it was the first time I have ever clay bar'd anything, or the fact that the clearcoat and the finish on the car was pretty smooth to begin with as I had washed it with Dawn once, clay bar'd it, washed again with Dawn then RejeX'd.

The scary part is that when putting on the sealant and taking it off, all the scratches and dings that I see on the car that I would otherwise never even notice, but as I bought the car used and so far it has been running just fine, I'm ok with all the flaws and blemishes as I did not get a Virgin, ha!

At least spring is here in New England/Massachusetts and all the pollens, saps and bugs will be out soon and with the 2 coats of RejeX on the car, I know I'm protected and can just enjoy the car and either rinse it off or wash it knowing that the sealant will stay on for a long time but who am I kidding, first chance I get to put another coat of the stuff on the car, I'm doing it. Awesome!
Glad you got the install worked out!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
De_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Nice work Ben
Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
riarms
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been thinking the same thing for the same reason. I saw them on Ebay for 15.00 with seals. I dont know how well they would fit. I guess I will look at the feedback left before I buy them

Get notified of new replies

To Flush mounted my tail lights and Rejex'ed, awesome!

Quick Reply: Flush mounted my tail lights and Rejex'ed, awesome!