C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny story about Maverick88!!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
black 99
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny story about Maverick88!!!!

Hello everyone I wanted to take the time to tell you a funny story about a new forum member Maverick88 (SGT Basham). I think everyone will get a kick out of it like I did when he told me. SGT Basham and I were both stationed at Fort Leonard Wood together and as Military Police Officers. We both worked in the same section most of the time we were stationed together. During this time I began modding my 99 vert adding a ton of engine upgrades and doing a PTK turbo kit install with all the supporting mods ending up with the numbers and other mods that are in my signature. Well during this time Basham is bashing my corvette telling me vipers would whoop my a** and began pulling up youtube videos of vipers beating corvettes and sending them to me also he is a ford fan and said that he didnt like corvettes and that my
c5 was going to blow up the first time I hit boost due to my tendancy to drive aggressively. And yes there were a few bugs to work out after a year long install process and multiple changes and upgrades, but after it was all said and done I ended up with one BAD A** vette IMHO. So after I got all the bugs worked out except the oil return issue which is now solved finally thank god, I proceeded to tell Basham that I was going to take him for a ride in the vette sometime and show him what chevy power was all about and that he would never want to look at another viper and sit his butt in another ford again to which he had a good laugh. So before he left and got stationed in alaska actually the day before he left I drove up there and picked him up and hooked up with a different forum member for some spirited driving because I figured this would be the best time to showcase the power of the vette. Well after a couple pulls and a couple of 11psi of boost runs Basham had a huge grin on his face and was very impressed to say the least. So when he went to kentucky to visit his parents (his dad owns a corvette I believe a c4) he and his dad went to the the corvette museum and done the tour and the called me and told me all about it. I thought that was funny enough, but it got better because when he got to alaska he bought a red 98 corvette coupe M6. When he called and told me after checking my hearing to make sure I heard what I thought he said he said yes he bought a corvette and told me all about it. He then told me I had converted him to a corvette fan LOL. He recently called and told me he loves driving his vette. So after all the trash talking he went and bought him a vette and after laughing at me for spending hours on this forum checking for parts and getting great advice on issues I was having he is now a member also. So for all who read this make sure you give Maverick88 some love when he starts posting!!! He might not be able to talk due to all the feathers in his mouth from eating crow LOL. But he is a good guy and smart enough to join the corvette brotherhood. Sorry for the long post, but I just had to tell everyone the story. Jason
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
De_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Good Story Jason. How can anyone resist once they've rode in one
Old 05-29-2009, 01:08 PM
DevilMan02
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All that and you're only pushing 11lbs of boost? C'mon man!

PS - BOOOOO FORD! BOOOOOOO!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM
black 99
Burning Brakes

Default mods

Yep those numbers are on 11psi. I am about to to a engine swap. Putting in a 6.0 Iron Block fully forged and bored and balanced to 370cid. I am going to try to make 1200rwhp on 20psi with alittle bit of spray!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
BlueDream
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool story. It's always nice to save a lost soul (aka ford/dodge fans).
Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM
New Jersey
Racer

he shoulda got a gt40
only ford that competes
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 PM
(Lucy)
Account disabled by request Dec 2015

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool story!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:52 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed the story, and congrats to your friend on the new vette

Chuck
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
R Devil
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get notified of new replies

To Funny story about Maverick88!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funny story about Maverick88!!!!