Sponsored by:

Code P-0410

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:05 PM
megawatt1203
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Code P-0410

My 2000 Vert is coding P-0410. Secondary air system trouble.

Checked my air pump and it is running for 60-90 seconds on cold startup as required. Checked hoses for leaks. Checked and cleaned driver side check valve OK. Blew air through passenger side check valve(PITA to get to) with exhaust manifold connection removed, all OK. Line to air cleaner OK.

Could blower motor be weak? After resetting code, it came back in after 5 minutes of driving.

Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by megawatt1203
My 2000 Vert is coding P-0410. Secondary air system trouble.

Checked my air pump and it is running for 60-90 seconds on cold startup as required. Checked hoses for leaks. Checked and cleaned driver side check valve OK. Blew air through passenger side check valve(PITA to get to) with exhaust manifold connection removed, all OK. Line to air cleaner OK.

Could blower motor be weak? After resetting code, it came back in after 5 minutes of driving.

Any ideas? Thanks
I am hijacking and bumping with a question. When the connection near the alternator is disconnected, is the airflow supposed to be "pulsed" or steady? I get pulsed vacuum on the brake booster side of that connection, and pulsed air blowing out of the pump side of the connector. Is this correct? AND, if this is how it is supposed to work, why am I getting this code?

Last edited by Aerovette; 12-07-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Check your gas cap

Peace
Chip

Old 12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Willfulone
Check your gas cap

Peace
Chip

I'm not sure that answers the question, but I appreciate the response. This is a 13k mile car, I would hope the fact that it all at least "appears" as new, that I would not be having these issues. What is the suggested method of testing the cap and back to the original question, should the vacuum or pumped air pulse?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chip was answering to the OP. A bad gas cap can throw that code
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
megawatt1203
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

My blower did not pulse, it is a constant large volume of air flow. There is a vacuum controlled valve by the blower motor that needs to be open to get sufficient flow to not drop a code. Even if the valve does not open fully, you will get some flow but not enough to keep from dropping code. My trouble was leaky acid battery, very small vacuum hose in wire bundle below battery. Acid ate a hole in mine. If it is a vacuum problem, your AC/Heater venting selection will not change. Cannot adjust from defrost to heater to vent. Hope this is some help. I did a write up on my repair, I know it is in the forum somewhere. No more acid batteries for me.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Originally Posted by megawatt1203
My blower did not pulse, it is a constant large volume of air flow. There is a vacuum controlled valve by the blower motor that needs to be open to get sufficient flow to not drop a code. Even if the valve does not open fully, you will get some flow but not enough to keep from dropping code. My trouble was leaky acid battery, very small vacuum hose in wire bundle below battery. Acid ate a hole in mine. If it is a vacuum problem, your AC/Heater venting selection will not change. Cannot adjust from defrost to heater to vent. Hope this is some help. I did a write up on my repair, I know it is in the forum somewhere. No more acid batteries for me.

I have the AC problem as well. Must be a vacuum issue. I hate hate hate the thought of unwrapping that bundle (not that I actually know which one it is). Re-wraps are never the same.

Last edited by Aerovette; 12-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Code P-0410

Quick Reply: Code P-0410