***Radioflyer presents: "Light cannons version 2.0!!"***

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default ***Radioflyer presents: "Light cannons version 2.0!!"***

The best performing headlights ever designed for the C5 corvette just got better. Introducing Light Cannons Version 2.0!!

Version 2.0 incorporates the following changes:
a) Redesigned cutoff shields: Gives a sharper cutoff, wider pattern and better long distance vision.
b) Slim ballasts: Lighter weight easier to install and small design gives you more mounting options.
c) 55w kit HID kits now standard: Experience 50% more output than standard 35w HID kits.
d) Re-designed Relay Harness: takes some of hassle and confusion out of the original design reducing a 8’ harness to one that fits in the battery compartment only. No more running wire loom all over the place.
e) 4300K HID bulbs now available standard option: no more additional fees for the brightest HID bulbs available on the market today.

New pattern pics: (all pictures weree taken at roughly 8' (this is all the room i had in the shop...night pics to come) and used a 35w 6000K HID kit i had available.

The original light cannon output...kinda rough edges and not very wide

New shield: about 20 degrees more width, more intense light at center and small "hill" in the center increases long-distance vision without compromising glare.

Pair of the new projectors pattern:

Normally one could expect to pay an additional $300 more for these upgrades, but for a limited time only, the base kit will be $800!!

Those of you with the light cannons kit can upgrade your components (please PM me for specific upgrade information)

For those of you not familiar with the Light cannons, please read on for a detailed description. (These pictures are of the original light cannons)

For those of you who are tired of not being able to see at night, lights provide the solution.

What makes Light Cannons special?

The Light Cannons are the result of nearly a year of my research into the best possible lighting for corvette while keeping the price manageable. They combine the optical technology of Hella (makers of the Mercedes, BMW and other headlight components) combined with custom designed Mounting frames and thermoformed ABS shrouds to match your factory look. In addition, every light cannon kit comes with a Hi-4 harness that allows your Low beams to remain on with your high beams (a feature that until recently required an in depth knowledge of vehicle electronics) I have personally tried or seen every commercially available kit for the C5 corvette and feel the Light cannons are by far the best performing product for the money.

What makes Light Cannons superior to other options?

- OEM: Your OEM headlights have a horrible pattern and the bulb only produces 1000 lumens. It’s almost dangerous to drive on an unlit or poorly lit road

- Aftermarket halogen bulbs: These draw more wattage and will often fail faster than OEM bulbs. In addition most “blue tinted” bulbs produce less usable light since the tinting eats up the light output

- HID plug and play kits: The output of the HID bulbs are limited to the poor reflector and lens of the OEM light. There’s often a horrible glare and the output has hotspots that hamper your night vision.

- T84 Euro spec headlights: This kit requires 120 watts of power to get the same amount of output as the light cannon kit and the T84s are not HID friendly housings.

- ACA: The second best option, but many have reported the high beams section of the
housing is not correctly aligned with the low beams resulting in a high beam that shoots into the sky instead of down the road.

- Fixed headlights: Many feel the appearance of fixed headlights throw off the lines of the car. In addition the higher quality fixed headlight kits cost on average 75% more than the light cannons kit.

Compare Light cannons to your OEM headlights:

What you get:

Base Kit: $850
Includes:
- Hella 90mm projector low beams
- Hella 90mm Free-form Reflectors
- Reinforced Aluminum Frames
- Stainless and aluminum Hardware
- Thermoformed ABS Shrouds
- Plug and play relay harness,
- HID kit with Ballasts and Bulbs
- High beam Harness w/ 65w High beam bulb,
- Hi-4 circuit
- Detailed installation instructions on CD.

Compare brightness to OEM headlight bulb (1000 lumens)
Bulb color options:
3000K – Golden yellow (2900 lumens)
4300K – Pure White (3000lumens)
6000K – White with blue tint (2900 lumens)
8000K – Iceburg Blue (2600 lumens)

(4300K)

Upgrades:
Halo rings: +$100 ***now also available in blue***
(Includes mounted Halo rings and transformers integrated into Relay harness)

HID High beam: +$100 (can be used on H9 base or H7 upgrade)

HID Fog: +$120
(Includes second HID kit with dual output relay harness)

HID fog and High beam: +$200
(includes second and third HID kit with Dual-output relay harness for fogs and lows)

H7 High beams w/ city light: +$120 (Halogen)
(There are much more H7 aftermarket bulbs available than the H9 in the base kit for those who want a an aftermarket halogen high beam)

Euro Spec projector Headlight Modules: +$200
(These can be modified for Left hand drive and are ECE compliant for European cars and feature a sloped cutoff pattern instead of the stepped DOT pattern. ECE projectors do not use the new cutoff shield)

GP details: This GP will consist of 10 Kits. Once All 10 spots are filled, construction will take ~2 weeks. Each order will be updated when the kit is complete and emailed with tracking information. Prices include shipping for domestic orders only. International orders will need to PM me for additional shipping charges.

If you have any questions, please post on this thread so others can benefit as well. Previous Light cannon owners are welcome to post as well.

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer97; 09-26-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
tracks03
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
The best performing headlights ever designed for the C5 corvette just got better. Introducing Light Cannons Version 2.0!!
Bulb color options:
4300K – Pure White (3000lumens)

Upgrades:
Halo rings: +$100 ***now also available in blue***
(Includes mounted Halo rings and transformers integrated into Relay harness)
do want!!!!
do you have a pic of them in blue? i have some Pilot LED light that are blue in my interior and puddle lights. just wondering how close the shade of blue would be?

HID fog and High beam: +$200
(includes second and third HID kit with Dual-output relay harness for fogs and lows)
Is there really much difference between the standard hi-beam bulb vs. the HID?
also, do you have the fogs available in different color temps*just saw your other HID fog thread*? i think i want either the 3000K or 6000K (wouldn't the 6's match the switchback LEDs?). i do have factory fogs, are they much trouble to swap?

GP details: This GP will consist of 10 Kits. Once All 10 spots are filled, construction will take ~2 weeks. Each order will be updated when the kit is complete and emailed with tracking information. Prices include shipping for domestic orders only. International orders will need to PM me for additional shipping charges.

If you have any questions, please post on this thread so others can benefit as well. Previous Light cannon owners are welcome to post as well.
man, i was trying to wait 'til next year...do i jump now or wait and see what else you come up with?!

Last edited by tracks03; 09-26-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 PM
BenC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like a better cutoff for longer range and all the other good stuff.

I would also like the 55W.

I have the Light Cannon 1.0.

How much for the upgrade and would it be easy/possible for the easy upgrade?

Would I need new ballasts?
Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tracks03
do want!!!!
do you have a pic of them in blue? i have some Pilot LED light that are blue in my interior and puddle lights. just wondering how close the shade of blue would be?

Is there really much difference between the standard hi-beam bulb vs. the HID?
also, do you have the fogs available in different color temps*just saw your other HID fog thread*? i think i want either the 3000K or 6000K (wouldn't the 6's match the switchback LEDs?). I do have factory fogs, are they much trouble to swap?

man, i was trying to wait 'til next year...do i jump now or wait and see what else you come up with?!
These are the blue halos:

The HID high is Freaking super bright, but for most urban/suburban residents unnessicary since the ability to flash your high beams is more important than super-long-distance vision.

I can get the fogs in the same color temps as the HIDs for the LCs. I reccomend 3000K for the fogs especially if your car's a daily driver. They work REALLY well in fog and rain. They're really easy to install especially if you're going to install the LCs at the same time.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:53 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Originally Posted by BenC5
I would like a better cutoff for longer range and all the other good stuff.

I would also like the 55W.

I have the Light Cannon 1.0.

How much for the upgrade and would it be easy/possible for the easy upgrade?

Would I need new ballasts?
X 2, George....?

Also, I would agree about the HID hi-beams. I have 'em and they are overkill and unnecessary. But they are cool.

Thanks.

Doug
Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Those of you with the original light cannons wanting upgrades:

The 55w kit upgrade is $100 (to get the discount i'm passing to you, i must order in bulk so i'll do a "last call" when this GP is over)

Custom cutoff shields are $30 shipped per pair. These are in stock and ready to ship
Old 09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
BenC5
Drifting

Thank you for the reply Radioflyer.

If there are enough, like myself and TheDVS1, and "Upgrade 1.0-kit" would be perfect as I'm in when the time comes.

An easy/simple swap for the new cutoff shields?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BenC5
Thank you for the reply Radioflyer.

If there are enough, like myself and TheDVS1, and "Upgrade 1.0-kit" would be perfect as I'm in when the time comes.

An easy/simple swap for the new cutoff shields?
Hmm. and upgrade kit would be a good idea.

The shield swap is easy, but requires removing the low beam projector from the mounting bracket.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Current light cannon owners: Look here for the upgrade kit:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...post1571639264

You can also see pics of the new cutoff shield at night.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:26 AM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Current light cannon owners: Look here for the upgrade kit:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...post1571639264

You can also see pics of the new cutoff shield at night.
Replied in other thread.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

bump.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 PM
tracks03
Pro

These are the blue halos:

The HID high is Freaking super bright, but for most urban/suburban residents unnessicary since the ability to flash your high beams is more important than super-long-distance vision.

I can get the fogs in the same color temps as the HIDs for the LCs. I reccomend 3000K for the fogs especially if your car's a daily driver. They work REALLY well in fog and rain. They're really easy to install especially if you're going to install the LCs at the same time.
Hey RF,
i really want to do these, but money being what it is, i'd like to do the fogs first. how much would it be for just the fogs? i would like to convert them now, but if i want the LC's later, will it be a problem to add them in then?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Hey RF,
i really want to do these, but money being what it is, i'd like to do the fogs first. how much would it be for just the fogs? i would like to convert them now, but if i want the LC's later, will it be a problem to add them in then?
HID fogs with the harness are $120. They are a seperate systeem from the LC wiring now so getting the LCs later won't be a problem
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
tracks03
Pro

HID fogs with the harness are $120. They are a seperate systeem from the LC wiring now so getting the LCs later won't be a problem
I was thinking you had them connected somehow. I know you have the 4-way high setup, do the fogs stay on too or do they still turn off with your setup?
PM me with the details, and I'll order the fogs in 3000K.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

I was thinking you had them connected somehow. I know you have the 4-way high setup, do the fogs stay on too or do they still turn off with your setup?
PM me with the details, and I'll order the fogs in 3000K.
The original light cannons did have them linked. The fogs will still turn off with the high beams. There is no real easy way to bypass this as a diode setup would activate your fogs anytime your highs were on.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Bump.

Some previous light cannon owners are ordering the "upgrade to 2.0" kit. Currently this means 7 spots on the GP are filled.

If anyone wants in, let me know. I will be ending the GP on Friday
Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM
NorCalVette Kid
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Hey RF are the light cannons 2.0 still available? I'm interested in purchasing one with the halo rings sometime after the holidays. How are they to install??

Get notified of new replies

To ***Radioflyer presents: "Light cannons version 2.0!!"***

Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by NorCalVette Kid
Hey RF are the light cannons 2.0 still available? I'm interested in purchasing one with the halo rings sometime after the holidays. How are they to install??
They are still available. I will be running a GP next week. They take about 1-2 hours to install and I rate it a 3 out of 10 (1 being the installation of a performance hood seal and 10 being a complete engine re-build)
Old 11-14-2009, 07:36 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Mad skillz!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
NorCalVette Kid
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

They are still available. I will be running a GP next week. They take about 1-2 hours to install and I rate it a 3 out of 10 (1 being the installation of a performance hood seal and 10 being a complete engine re-build)
Sweet! I'd like to see more pics with the Blue halo rings if you got any.

Quick Reply: ***Radioflyer presents: "Light cannons version 2.0!!"***