Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the deal with EAST COAST CORVETTE ?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the deal with EAST COAST CORVETTE ?!

Has any of the members have any opinions about East Coast Corvette.
I negotiated a price for rear LED lights and then he "had a bad feeling about it" and totally backed out of the deal. After I gave him my Credit Card #'s (mind you sure they were going to be split on 2 separate card comeon fellas dont we all have those "secret cards" so the Mrs doesnt find out about our new toys)

I have so much more to say about this ECC guy in Florida but I needed some opinions from the group!
Old 05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
BlueDream
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only dealt with him on one occassion (ordered a DTE strut brace from him). The item was back ordered from DTE but he went out of his way to make sure the order went through and that I got one of the rare "black" coated ones that I wanted rather than the standard red ones.

He was very prompt with me and even called me after placing my order online to tell me it was backordered and what the expected timeframe was in case I was in the middle of a project and needed it sooner.

Based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to order from East Coast Corvette again.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:21 PM
BlackArrow
Racer

My experience with them is first rate....great customer service. Have they changed ownership lately?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Never had any problems with Todd at ECC.

He's always been a stand up guy with me and I have placed several orders with him.

Maybe it was the way you were dealing with credit cards and he felt they might not be legit, based on your post of the incident.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

you know Im not sure. This was my first dealing with this guy and he weirded out. I was pleasant no problems then all of a sudden I recd an email
"KMB, III, I have to decline this order for the LED brake lights. (dude I paid for them whats there to decline put the charges though as we discussed)

Some of this information seems to be a little suspect and I must follow my instincts. (instincts ... what instincts its business sell the damn lights so I can get them on my car before the weekend)

I apologize for the inconvenience. (right after it took me a while to finalize the deal and call fedex for the pickup!)
Thank you,
Todd Wiley
East Coast Corvettes"

Furthermore the rear LED lights that ECC sells ... he reffered me to MidAmerica.. they are not the ones I need I wanted the LED's with the Halo effect on the rims if you know which ones. I have searched it out and no one else that I know of atleast sells it for a reasonable price.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Never had any problems with Todd at ECC.

He's always been a stand up guy with me and I have placed several orders with him.

Maybe it was the way you were dealing with credit cards and he felt they might not be legit, based on your post of the incident.
dont get it whats there not to be ligit ? Separating 2 cards for payment is nothing uncommon and lets even say that there was a question of legitimacy lets throw the hypothetical out there report it as fraud?! The buyer would certainly get the long arm of the law on him/her but for $300? come on now this was rediculious.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
vettes4fun
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I have bought several things from Todd at ECC and have never had any problems with him or is company. Give him a chance
Old 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vettes4fun
I have bought several things from Todd at ECC and have never had any problems with him or is company. Give him a chance
I hear what your saying loud and clear but give him a chance hes the one that regected my order if anything he should be giving me the chance
Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Old One
Racer

Why don't you just do a straightforward deal and stop the nonsense? If you don't want your wife to know you are spending the money, maybe you shouldn't.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:09 PM
CUlookin
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Over the last few years, I've gotten to know some of the vendors on this forum pretty well and I've heard stories from some of them about people trying to stiff them on their bills by splitting up payments on different CC's.

I don't know you or your situation at all, but after reading through the post, you seem like a legitimate guy. Now as for Todd at ECC, I've heard nothing but good things about him and his transactions, but if he has a gut feeling about not selling you the lights, you doesn't have to complete the transaction. He might have just lost a customer, but if that helps him sleep at night, so be it.

As for your lights, I have the same ones. You can purchase them on eBay for 175.00 I believe and also through Mid America (I saw these first on their display car at Carlisle last year). Give them a call and they will be happy to deal with you.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Old One
Why don't you just do a straightforward deal and stop the nonsense? If you don't want your wife to know you are spending the money, maybe you shouldn't.
youre kidding me right..... I mean really seriously kidding me with that
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
97BlckCpe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CUlookin
Over the last few years, I've gotten to know some of the vendors on this forum pretty well and I've heard stories from some of them about people trying to stiff them on their bills by splitting up payments on different CC's.

I don't know you or your situation at all, but after reading through the post, you seem like a legitimate guy. Now as for Todd at ECC, I've heard nothing but good things about him and his transactions, but if he has a gut feeling about not selling you the lights, you doesn't have to complete the transaction. He might have just lost a customer, but if that helps him sleep at night, so be it.

As for your lights, I have the same ones. You can purchase them on eBay for 175.00 I believe and also through Mid America (I saw these first on their display car at Carlisle last year). Give them a call and they will be happy to deal with you.
thanks youre absolutely right I was willing to begin to open up to new vendors after doing aprox 1500k in chrome and 3800 in audio. I used West Coast Corvette for sometime and really appreciated the follow up and if there was a problem with any of the chrome they stood behind it 100% same holds true with Echlers great group excellent customer service. I was about to begin on the engine with Smoothie parts and chrome accents that was the reason why I went to another vendor I heard good things about East Coast Corvette so heck Im in NY I also have one of my offices in Miami so Florida NY the whole East Coast thing .. but no way after this experience his intuition though entitled was grossly off key. West Coast Corvette and Echlers so so sorry I thought about leaving you...lets spend time again and some $$$
Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 PM
gpracer1
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I ordered over $1000 in stuff form ECC. I wasnt sure exactly what parts I "needed" so I talked to Todd directly for about 30 min. He was very helpfull and knowledgeable about what power mods work and dont work. I would buy from again...when I find another car.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:32 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97BlckCpe
I have to decline this order for the LED brake lights. (dude I paid for them whats there to decline put the charges though as we discussed)

Some of this information seems to be a little suspect and I must follow my instincts. (instincts ... what instincts its business sell the damn lights so I can get them on my car before the weekend)I apologize for the inconvenience.

if he said this, then thats truly unprofessional. Do you still have the email?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:12 AM
2ndVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote] As for your lights, I have the same ones. You can purchase them on eBay for 175.00 I believe and also through Mid America (I saw these first on their display car at Carlisle last year). Give them a call and they will be happy to deal with you. [end of quote]

that information is not true. The eBay LED kits are the Altezza variety and look cheap as they are priced. The kits in question are the sought after HALO units. Completely different.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

I ordered from ECC before.... No problems

One item was back ordered and while I was waiting for it to arrive, Todd called me and sent emails to let me know the status.... three weeks later, I got the other item.

As far as another poster's comments on having to "hide" the price of your toys, from the wife..... I agree totally and further more, if she's that way, it might be either time for a trade up or time for you to grow some "grapes"..... IMHO

Get notified of new replies

To What is the deal with EAST COAST CORVETTE ?!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:35 AM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Todd is an excellent vendor, regardless of what forum rules are on this subject.
I have bought a couple of things from him even BEFORE he was a forum vendor.
He was always diligent and went the extra mile for me.

I cannot understand exactly what has happened here,but if your money is returned to your card,he is not OBLIGATED to sell to you..
Many businesses reserve the right to refuse service to any customer

Why did he chose to refuse service to you?
I would be willing to bet he had a legitimate reason,or at least HE felt he did...and that is all he needs......

That does not make him a shady or bad vendor

.02 deposted
Old 05-11-2006, 01:43 AM
VRROOOM2
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

It's hard to say but it's entirely possible ECC has had a recent issue with a multiple credit card order and he was simply trying to cover his butt, you know?

It seems from the multiple "good experience" responses here, this may indeed be the case. At least something similar to it anyway...

I say, give him a chance to respond to this and tell his side of the story... I have to admit, if I were him, I'd be wondering about you as a customer too. Please keep in mind, I'm NOT BASHING you... but it is a bit hokey to have to use two cards... How short is that leash your wife has you on??

Just do it man!! Tell him you understand his concern with you using two different cards... Tell him you'll re-order using ONE and that you can deal with the wife later... You're bigger than she is aren't you?

Old 05-11-2006, 01:57 AM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Once bitten, twice shy....

Splitting the charges on two or three cards is a very old scam..... I used to own a hobby shop in the late 80's, early 90's (before the internet) and we used to do either telephone, mail order or walk up business.

Quite a few times I've gotten burnt by "customers" using "hot" (stolen) credit cards numbers. The reason they split the charges is to keep the card "open" as long as possible, without making one large charge and raising suspicion with the credit card company. In the end, usually the credit card company sides with their customer that had the charges disputed and the shop owner (especially with terminal/direct deposit service being used) would have the money removed from their business account and there's nothing you can do about it.

A complete R/C car kit would run anywhere from $700 to $1500..... Have a few of those kind of losses and see how you would feel about split charges.

The routine excuse for wanting to split the charges across two or three cards was either because a credit limit was about to be maxxed out on the card, or more commonly.... I don't want my wife to find out how much I really paid for this..."

Been there, done that..... You won't find much sympathy here....

Besides, this is America..... You have the right to shop anywhere you please, he has the right to refuse service to anyone he pleases too.

Last edited by NJ Vette Guy; 05-11-2006 at 01:59 AM.

Quick Reply: What is the deal with EAST COAST CORVETTE ?!