Sponsored by:

Nice complements on the 04 C5Z on Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Nice complements on the 04 C5Z on Saturday

Thought I'd share a little story that happened Saturday.

Wife took the C5Z to work.
Brother-in-law (her brother) came in for a haircut.
Now my brother-in-law makes pretty good money. He works very hard, and can be a bit of a workaholic.

Well last year he decided to treat himself to some high performance 4 door Lexus. I think he said it made something like 450 hp or so and it cost him around $80K. I've had a ride in it, while its nice, goes pretty good, its a typical Lexus..engineered so well its boring. Frankly the performance vs the price he paid didn't impress me enough to pay attention to what model it was.

Anyways, before he purchased the Lexus, he took out a Shelby GT500.
He wasn't impressed, especially for the price. He never looked at Vette's though.

My wife took him for a spin, then let him drive it.

He was shocked and amazed at the performance, and especially amazed regarding the price that I paid and the low miles (15,000 when I purchased it). Basically a new car.
Apparently he commented..."now this is American performance" and "this is way faster than my car".

I know he's been thinking about upgrading to that fancy new Lexus super car that is due out in a couple years.. until he found out it is supposed to price out around $300K - $350K.

I wonder if he'll end up in a Vette.... maybe a C6Z???

Either way... I never owned a Vette before this one, and after 2 months of ownership I was getting used to the power and thinking maybe I need more (AKA Supercharger)... maybe I need to step back and re-think that. Especially since I've been fortunate to purchase one in today's economy. Such an amazing car for what you pay for....
GO CORVETTE GO!

I'd love to bring him to the dark side...

Last edited by andrewdonald1; 10-26-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
terrible1one3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad had a 2001 M6 Coupe... my grandpa had a 2003 M3 BMW... Paid an arm and a leg for it. Went for a ride with my dad and said "You got all this for 25k?! This thing would spank my car."

Some people just don't get the one part of the vette that has been with it for a long time, best bang for your buck performance in the world.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There are tons of great cars out there, but a Stock C5 still ranks very high in the world of sportscars no matter who is voting!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree, the C5 has the performance of a $100,000 car for half the price (and that's when new).

Get notified of new replies

To Nice complements on the 04 C5Z on Saturday

Quick Reply: Nice complements on the 04 C5Z on Saturday