Sponsored by:

Stuck clutch pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 AM
KWIKSILVERZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stuck clutch pedal??

I posted this over in TECH also just in case some of you don't read that I wanted to get as much input as I could.

After backing my car in the garage, I pulled the e-brake and held the clutch pedal in before shutting the car off. After the car stopped, I went to let out the clutch pedal and the pedal stayed depressed. With the car off I was able to put the shifter into any gear with no issue. I then tried to start the car (out of gear to be safe) and the car started. The pedal remained depressed but I was not able to put the shifter into any gear without more than normal force. Not wanting to do further damage I refrained from trying to force the shifter into gear and just shut the car off again. Pedal was still in at this point. I checked for leaks and all was good. The reservoir was full and the fluid was not dirty. The car sat overnight prior to my moving it into the garage. Approximately an hour or so later I went back out and discovered the clutch pedal was back to normal and had normal pressure. I pumped it many times with car on and off and couldn't get it to repeat or weaken. Haven't tried to drive the car since so not sure if it was a fluke or not. Anyone else ever have this happen?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:29 AM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

Search for "Ranger" or go here:
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

He's very good !

\db2
Carolina

Quick Reply: Stuck clutch pedal??