Sponsored by:

Amsoil Ea air filter & cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM
kingrobby25
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Amsoil Ea air filter & cold air intake

I have a MTI ram air intake on my car, similar to the Honker but with a scoop underneath, and haven't had any issues with K&N filter that is on it, but was wondering if it would be a bad idea to switch to the Amsoil air filter. NOT because of filtering ability, but because of water ingestion.

I live in the Pacific Northwest and it rains a lot. Will the Amsoil nano fiber filter be ruined by heavy rain and water being splashed up? I heard "paper" filters can have this problem and even get saturated and leak water towards the MAF.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
kingrobby25
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

In your case, I suggest using a good, oilless synthetic filter vs a cotton one. AEM makes some excellent dry filters, although I'm not sure if they make one in the size you need.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Ahhh... I think I understand your question now better than I did when I answered your PM. However, not sure I can answer it any better. I am not aware of anyone having problems with water damage to their EA Air Filter and AMSOIL makes this filter element in shapes to fit many cold air intakes (including a very complete line of INJEN intakes), so I suspect, but don't know for sure (or from personal experience) how these stand up to water damage.

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Get notified of new replies

To Amsoil Ea air filter & cold air intake

Quick Reply: Amsoil Ea air filter & cold air intake