Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Booster seat that fits the C5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
ApexerER
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Child Booster seat that fits the C5?

Does anyone know of a child booster seat that fits well in the Z06 bucket seats? My 5 year old daughter loves to ride with me when we go out cruising but I have three different booster seats for our other cars and none of them fit right in the bucket seat. I need one that is more narrow so it will sit all the way back in the seat. All the ones I have are too wide and they hit the bolsters and won't sit all the way back against the seat. What do you guys with kids use? Just want my baby girl being safe as possible.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Rear seats are usualy wider, and they figure they will ride back there, guess that complicates the issue for the C5 crowd

Did you try putting a pillow under it? (sorry have no idea if thats recommended or not) just that the belt placement for kids is pretty key. Lower belt has to be across the thighs on the illiac crests (not the abdomen, not by the belly button) to prevent "submarining" under the belt) and the chest belt should cross the center of the sternum (like between the nipples, no higher) due to the greater mass (in proportion for a child) of the head. Your car has the airbag off switch?

Its great that she loves to cruise with you....good dad

Last edited by Jistari; 03-19-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
ApexerER
Pro

Originally Posted by Jistari
Rear seats are usualy wider, and they figure they will ride back there, guess that complicates the issue for the C5 crowd

Did you try putting a pillow under it? (sorry have no idea if thats recommended or not) just that the belt placement for kids is pretty key. Lower belt has to be across the thighs on the illiac crests (not the abdomen, not by the belly button) to prevent "submarining" under the belt) and the chest belt should cross the center of the sternum (like between the nipples, no higher) due to the greater mass (in proportion for a child) of the head. Your car has the airbag off switch?

Its great that she loves to cruise with you....good dad

Yes I have the airbag off....I don't think the pillow would work. It is the bolsters on the seatback that are giving me trouble, the booster won't fit between them and that is keeping the booster seat from being able to rest against the seat back. And thank you, i love having her cruise with me. She was as disapointed as I was when we put the car away for the winter.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:35 AM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

When my cousin rides in mine I use a towel that is folded once or twice under the booster and it seems to help.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:09 AM
OutaTyme
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I use and my son loves it. I put a seat protector under it just to be safe. This was two years ago now we use it without the back so he can see but still have arm rest.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2125...bt?vhost=rides

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2651...bI?vhost=rides
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

It's not safe and not recommended for Corvettes - check with the local Highway patrol and they will let you know -

It is really a good idea to check with them because the life of your young one is the most important - Actually any child seat is not to be used in a front seat

Thanks,Matt
Old 03-19-2010, 01:59 AM
OutaTyme
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
It's not safe and not recommended for Corvettes - check with the local Highway patrol and they will let you know -

It is really a good idea to check with them because the life of your young one is the most important - Actually any child seat is not to be used in a front seat

Thanks,Matt
Rear-facing seats are not to be used in the front seat, as long as you turn off the airbag and have the shoulder strap correct it is safe.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:07 AM
cvm
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one from wallyworld, a folded bath towel under it to protect seat and act as a small spacer it seems to fit fine. Same booster seat in my 82 does Not fit right.
Funny how every time that seat is occupied, Michael Jackson or Spice Girls seem to be comming out of the speakers ( 8 yr old girl)........
Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
ApexerER
Pro

Originally Posted by madmatt9471

Thanks,Matt
I work across the street from a state trooper dispatch site and I know most of them. The are all well aware of the fact that my daughter rides in the car with me. The whole reason for being able to turn the passenger airbag off is so that a child can ride in the front seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Child Booster seat that fits the C5?

Quick Reply: Child Booster seat that fits the C5?