Sponsored by:

Leather wrapped dash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Leather wrapped dash?

Has anyone wrapped the entire dash board with leather?

I see a lot of people on here leather wrapped the center console, doors, knee panel, etc... But I haven't seen any leather wrapped dashes...

Can we get some pics and prices?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Has anyone wrapped the entire dash board with leather?

I see a lot of people on here leather wrapped the center console, doors, knee panel, etc... But I haven't seen any leather wrapped dashes...

Can we get some pics and prices?
Carravaggio...

And you better mortgage your house. Or you could buy yourself another Corvette C6 instead
Old 04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by Z06Electron
Carravaggio...

And you better mortgage your house. Or you could buy yourself another Corvette C6 instead
Corvette C6 it is option that comes with the 4LT package. Carravaggio did the C5 but I guarantee it cost big $$$.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about the stock setup?? I think it looks pretty dam good just the way it came. But if you really have to have it, as the others have said, Carravaggio, but you will have to take a loan out from your 401K, it ain't cheap... may as well have your rims GOLD PLATED..
Old 04-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jesse Asis
What about the stock setup?? I think it looks pretty dam good just the way it came. But if you really have to have it, as the others have said, Carravaggio, but you will have to take a loan out from your 401K, it ain't cheap... may as well have your rims GOLD PLATED..
Nah, that would actually be cheaper
Old 04-03-2010, 03:00 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Caravaggio

C6

Old 04-03-2010, 03:13 AM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

[/QUOTE]

that is just baboon a$$ ugly ^^^^^ .....(jmo)
Old 04-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!

that is just baboon a$$ ugly ^^^^^ .....(jmo)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the owner has more money than you so take that!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:44 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

I don't want a C6... My boss was telling me that he expects me to have 10 C6 Corvettes in 5 years. I told him I'll have 20 C5's before I have 10 C6s.

Personally, I'm just not a fan at all of the C6. I'd rather spend the money on a C5. I don't care about resale, it's about what I want to drive.

So I guess I'll have to look up the cost on the dash board then since all I know at this point is that I'll need to take out a mortgage to get it.

Is it over $2k? Anyone have pictures of it in black or dark grey? The one Jetz posted actually looks really nice, but I don't like that color.

BTW, thanks for the responses so far.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Holy crap... Go figure, it IS $2,000!!! Is there anyone here that's had it custom made? I know there's lots of people that have had their stuff leather wrapped by their local upholsterer. Maybe a local shop could do just as good a job for less?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They do a dam good job, but I would just do plain leather all around. For now I'm leaving the dash alone. I do plan on having both seats done in leather with new foam for the drivers seat. The passenger seat looks like new, but I'm worried the leather won't match if I only do the drivers seat. Anyway, it looks to be around $1000 to get them done.. Enjoy the ride...
Old 04-03-2010, 06:49 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by JETZ

seriously...why would the owner go through all this trouble only to keep the 80s looking factory CD player.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 AM
ILM-Express
MFIC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmvette
seriously...why would the owner go through all this trouble only to keep the 80s looking factory cd player.

:u
Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
SeanMounce
Racer

They definetly look higher quality but I don't understand why people spend that much money on something that matters so little. I didn't buy a corvette to sit in italian hand stiched leather... All the cars with just bits and peices of leather wrapped stuff look tacky to me.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SeanMounce
They definetly look higher quality but I don't understand why people spend that much money on something that matters so little. I didn't buy a corvette to sit in italian hand stiched leather... All the cars with just bits and peices of leather wrapped stuff look tacky to me.
Simple... It looks better. I had the same mentality you do, but the look and feel really does compliment the car. It's not a high priority IMO, but once I've done everything else to make my car what I feel it should be, then I feel I'll have my *perfect* car.

I don't think about resale or anything to that degree. I don't even think I'll ever sell the car. If I do, I do. But I never mod the car with the expectations that I'll want to sell it down the road.

I like a "driver's" car. I priced out what it'd cost to do my car in leather wrapping and it came out to just under $7500. That was for everything that matters to me, which was the dash, center console, doors, shift boot and center arm rest. I wouldn't do the steering wheel, and the glove box and steering column doesn't make any sense to me. But if anything I'd also do the glove box only if it didn't match after all the other work was done.

Either way, it's a personal investment, not a monetary one.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Simple... It looks better. I had the same mentality you do, but the look and feel really does compliment the car. It's not a high priority IMO, but once I've done everything else to make my car what I feel it should be, then I feel I'll have my *perfect* car.

I don't think about resale or anything to that degree. I don't even think I'll ever sell the car. If I do, I do. But I never mod the car with the expectations that I'll want to sell it down the road.

I like a "driver's" car. I priced out what it'd cost to do my car in leather wrapping and it came out to just under $7500. That was for everything that matters to me, which was the dash, center console, doors, shift boot and center arm rest. I wouldn't do the steering wheel, and the glove box and steering column doesn't make any sense to me. But if anything I'd also do the glove box only if it didn't match after all the other work was done.

Either way, it's a personal investment, not a monetary one.
Honestly, I figured it would be more since their seats are $4000. Never actually paid it off. I might do that after the two are paid off. I plan on doing more modding to the Vert than the Z, although both will surely have customm interiors. Such a pain in the *** to remove everything though.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

4K for the seats? I thought it was 2K for both?

Geez... This stuff is over-priced.

Get notified of new replies

To Leather wrapped dash?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,296 Likes on 13,969 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Try talking to forum vendor APSIS - they do leather wrapping of interior components but not sure if they have done the dash yet or not.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
versatile
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caravaggio leather wrapped dash is about 2000. About the same as having the door panels done. Not cheap but considering what you can spend on everything else in the interior it's not that much really.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:33 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by versatile
Caravaggio leather wrapped dash is about 2000. About the same as having the door panels done. Not cheap but considering what you can spend on everything else in the interior it's not that much really.
That's true. I've decided I'll do the interior AFTER I've done everything else. APIS does do the dash board. They're more expensive than the Caravaggio dash board according to the price list they sent me. I wouldn't know which is better anyway.

The interior of the C5 is good, IMHO, and the only reason I'm thinking about doing this is because I'm seeing all these other leather wrapped cars on here and it just looks so much better.

Quick Reply: Leather wrapped dash?