Sponsored by:

Clm

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
sea-five
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clm

I just installed a CLM from Corvettes of Huston I did not have the luck with this as it seems everybody eles has had.I'm still get the same message. car starts and runs fine but i can't get rid of these crazy messages. I'm not sure if i drive the car how far i'll get
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I also took out the fueses they recomended
Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

You have to have the messages cleared before you install the column lock bypass. It doesn't make the messages go away.........

Last edited by tlove32; 05-25-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
sea-five
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by tlove32
You have to have the messages cleared before you install the column lock bypass. It doesn't messages go away.........
how do i clear the message?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Dealership - or someone with a Tech-2
Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
sea-five
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by tlove32
Dealership - or someone with a Tech-2
Thank you I can do that. The car runs fine so I assume at this point it'a false code
Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
sea-five
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
NOT correct. You can clear the error messages several different ways. Easiest is to disconnect the neg battery cable for at least 10 minutes. There are several other ways also. But you do NOT need a Tech II or other scan tool.

How about telling us what year your car is and whether it is a manual or automatic ( makes a difference)

There may be some things that you need to do to install a CLB that you have not taken into consideration.

Also why were you installing it? preventative measure? Having a problem with error messages? Experiencing the fuel shutoff at 2MPH?

The more you tell us about your situation the more likely you can get your problems corrected.........
I'm glade to hear that.The car is a 2000 6 speed 22,000 miles.I had the recall done 5 years ago and never had another problem.UNTIL I decided to replace the original battery just because it's ten years old.When I started the car after connecting the battery I got the pull key for 10 secounds and then the steering column lock message.Now the car will start and idle but shuts down when I move it.I have disconnected the battery and pulled the 2 fuses the instructions told me to do. Still same proble. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 PM
sea-five
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Here is a thread to look at:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...please-56.html

Starting with post 1108

There may still be a GM K Harness installed or there may be the spliced purple wire in the passenger footwell above the BCM. The several posts by me in the above thread address those issue and how to get by them. Links to pictures etc. Let me know after you have read through the posts if you still have questions.......
I found the GM K harness I unplugged plug in the CLB and all is well. Cars starts and drives and no codes I think we may have it. Thank you your direction was right on

Get notified of new replies

To Clm

Quick Reply: Clm