Sponsored by:

XSPower Longtube Header Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM
TheBigK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadeshift
I've heard great things about Mike's tunes...
Been running his tune for > 1 year (11.7 @ 118 with intake/ported tb/tune/tires).

Maybe I will get to see your car (if I can get up there soon).

Also my headers sit lower then pictured due to my pfadt motor mounts (i believe). Just an FYI if you have those mounts...
Old 06-05-2010, 05:34 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

What Track are you guys using???? Jon and I are planning on meeting at Beaver Run soon (if he ever gets his damn car fixed!), if you guys can swing it, join us!

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_flat...t_sessions.php

Tim
Old 06-05-2010, 08:48 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tstar
What Track are you guys using???? Jon and I are planning on meeting at Beaver Run soon (if he ever gets his damn car fixed!), if you guys can swing it, join us!

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_flat...t_sessions.php

Tim
Yessir! Would be awesome to get a few other CF members out there too!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
TheBigK
Instructor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Yessir! Would be awesome to get a few other CF members out there too!
That track is only ~3 hours from me, when are you guys going? North track? Flat out days? I would like an instructor for a few sessions lol

Also I track we were discussing is Empire Drag Way (NYIRP before name change). It's 1/4 mile drag strip that is normally prepped good.

Last edited by TheBigK; 06-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:29 PM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Not sure yet, Jon broke his AGAIN Once he's fixed up we're going!

Yes North Track and a Flat Out day session. I did one last Saturday and it was really a great time! I let my instructor drive my third session while I sat shotgun. Very instructional... and if I dare to be totaly (putting away the Man card) honest... he scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure we weren't going to make some of those turns, he was coming into them so damn fast! Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend you, or ANYBODY attend a session like this with an instructor with you!!! You won't believe what your car can do with a real driver behind the wheel!

Tim
Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
TheBigK
Instructor

Not sure yet, Jon broke his AGAIN Once he's fixed up we're going!

Yes North Track and a Flat Out day session. I did one last Saturday and it was really a great time! I let my instructor drive my third session while I sat shotgun. Very instructional... and if I dare to be totaly (putting away the Man card) honest... he scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure we weren't going to make some of those turns, he was coming into them so damn fast! Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend you, or ANYBODY attend a session like this with an instructor with you!!! You won't believe what your car can do with a real driver behind the wheel!

Tim
Nice Well let me know when you guys go down, I'll throw on a new set of brakes and make the drive if I can.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
tstar
Le Mans Master

That would be great!!! We'll have a blast!

What pads are you using??

Tim
PS I had a Thread on it, let me find it...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...the-track.html

Last edited by tstar; 06-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
TheBigK
Instructor

That would be great!!! We'll have a blast!

What pads are you using??

Tim
PS I had a Thread on it, let me find it...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...the-track.html
Looks like fun I already have Z06 pads sitting in my garage so that's what I will be using. Got new T1R's on the rear so that should help with the RA1's in the front.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Yea my damn car! It's only 5 hours from me so I'll be making the drive to meet up with Tim.

Now back on track! Who out there has received their longtubes? I know who you all are as I have all the tracking numbers! haha. Anyways, thoughts? And if you've started the install or completed it, how's it going?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I got mine 2 days ago, they look pimp. Im going to install them in a few days have some other stuff i still need to get.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
y2krtaf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received mine wed.,and they look great!! I'm gathering some odds and ends etc. prior.
Can't wait to test fit,then coat them so I can get them on!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:24 PM
zribkl69
Instructor

Default Longtubes

Got mine last week, they look great. It will be a while till i'll get them installed so keep all the good info coming.
Thanks guys
Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM
buckg2
Instructor

I just got done with mine. They fit perfect other than on the passenger side rear most pipe where it connects to the cat-back. It was tight against the gas tank shield. All it took was a little coxing with a pry bar The sound has a little exotic tone to it, but I like it, my buddy who helped with the install really, really liked it. Not enough road time yet to comment on drone. The little ride i did take though you could feel the rumble.: I will report back with my honest opinion on sound asap.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:45 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by buckg2
I just got done with mine. They fit perfect other than on the passenger side rear most pipe where it connects to the cat-back. It was tight against the gas tank shield. All it took was a little coxing with a pry bar The sound has a little exotic tone to it, but I like it, my buddy who helped with the install really, really liked it. Not enough road time yet to comment on drone. The little ride i did take though you could feel the rumble.: I will report back with my honest opinion on sound asap.
Gald to hear you ended up getting a set!

You shouldn't have had any contact with the shielding in the rear at all... the main reason for the Ball and Socket connections at the collector is to eliminate any of that, it sounds like you got it done though!

For others doing a install for the first time, get everything together with all the nuts and clamps finger tight. Then bolt the Headers on tight, and start working your way back making sure everthing is lined up correctly before you tighten a connection down... This is where a helper really comes in handy.

Tim
Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Yessir, Tim hit the nail on the head. Make sure everything is lined up before you begin tightening and with the ball and flange allowing for some adjustment, everything should line up perfect

Glad to see you got them on with no issues and are enjoying them. Keep us posted!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
buckg2
Instructor

I agree 100% if I would have pulled the x-pipe over to the drivers side a little before tighting up the ball clamps it would have solved the problem. My install buddy suggested doing that, but they were already tight and a little 1/4" tweak was easier. Other installers should just be aware of my simple mistake. I just got a little more road time and WOW! they do sound great.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:42 PM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Wait until you get a tune for them...

Tim

Get notified of new replies

To XSPower Longtube Header Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by buckg2
I agree 100% if I would have pulled the x-pipe over to the drivers side a little before tighting up the ball clamps it would have solved the problem. My install buddy suggested doing that, but they were already tight and a little 1/4" tweak was easier. Other installers should just be aware of my simple mistake. I just got a little more road time and WOW! they do sound great.
Sweeeeet, glad to see your enjoying them! Thanks for the post and enjoy the driving and new found power/sound
Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Got mine installed, no problems with the install but the gaskets supplied I should have just trashed as the driver side is already leaking at the head. The only other issue I had was there was not plug for the wide band O2 port in the X pipe. Overall I would say very nice headers and fit. I also agree that a pair of band clamps instead of the supplied u-bolt claps would have been a nice touch.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

You should have recieved a plug for your Wideband port! Jon will get you taken care of!

Yeah the supplied gaskets aren't as good as the OEM ones but still shouldn't blow out... Did you re-tighten the Header bolts after a heat cycle or two??

Tim

Quick Reply: XSPower Longtube Header Thread